Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The Bible talks about Hell

The Bible talks about Hell, this is undeniable, thanks be to God, that he sent his only begotten son, Jesus, so that whoever believes in him will be saved
    See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night
    A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Red for life
    Natty 4 life

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hope the devil plugs you hard

armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PowersKenny View Post
    I hope the devil plugs you hard
    What? What is this all about?

Red for life
    Natty 4 life

Coffee cupin the big time rectifryer's Avatar
    rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you googled this though? Maybe build a solid argument against any adversarial position on the matter instead of declaring it? Before BC abrahamic religions (pretty much just jews back then) didn't even believe in souls...
    CNN says it's illegal for you to neg me.

*<SONS OF SMACK CREW>*
    This post brought to you by:
    Monster Zero Energy Ultra Sunrise

radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Coincidence that the devil is red like OP? I think not.

Originally Posted by rectifryer View Post
    Have you googled this though? Maybe build a solid argument against any adversarial position on the matter instead of declaring it? Before BC abrahamic religions (pretty much just jews back then) didn't even believe in souls...
    What do you mean?

Red for life
    Natty 4 life

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Coincidence that the devil is red like OP? I think not.
    A mod negged me, idc I like being red

Red for life
    Natty 4 life

oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Heaven/hell is right here on earth. It’s what you make of it that matters
    I get a tax deduction just by hanging out here

More reps, no texts

Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    God creates hell, then creates the cure to hell, and he will sell it to you for the low low price of believing in him, and you'll get the cure if you do, but only after you die.

It kinda sounds like your god is the baddie. It kinda sounds like a scheme the devil would come up with. BRB believe me in or I'll burn you alive forever, but also I love you.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. . . . Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place." -Tecumseh

BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From another thread...

Hades is a term used in the Bible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_Hades

As is the term Gehenna - which refers to the valley of Hinnom, a physical place that literally existed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

They are both translated into English as Hell, despite them being 2 different concepts.

Although a lot of people ITT believe the mainstream interpretation that Hell is a place of merciless torture, for not being intellectually convinced that Jesus is God. The concept of Gehinnom (developed from Gehenna) in Judaism, is not punishment...

Gehinnom. (Judaism) The realm of the afterlife where unrepentant souls are cleansed of their spiritual impurities before returning to the presence of God.

Which is what I wrote about in my first post ITT...

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1587337831

Note: Islam took the term Gehinnom and transformed it into the Arabic Jahannam - a place of merciless torture.

What is seems like is that Gehanna became the term Gehinnom, a term referring to a place in the afterlife for cleansing for souls turned away from, by using a physical cursed place (The valley of Hinnom) for metaphorical effect. Then the concept seemed to change in Roman Catholicism and Islam (Jahannam), and became a place of everlasting torture by God/Demons for being unbelievers.
    The Dangers Of WIFI For You, And Your Children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI

The Dangers Of WIFI For Pregnant Women: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-16623-8

Please Help People, And Donate To Amnesty International... https://www.amnesty.org/en/donate/

BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BetaAsPhuck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I highly recommend the book: The Great Divorce By CS Lewis regarding Hell.

Another book regarding hell, that I haven't yet read is: Her Gates Will Never Be Shut: Hell, Hope, and the New Jerusalem By Bradley Jersak.

Here is a short video where Bradley Jersak talks about the 3 different conceptions of Hell in Christianity...

(Skip to 1:00 to get past the small talk.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urYuH7Ie66c

3 views in a nutshell...

Infernalism - Eternal merciless torture.

Annhilationalism - Being extinguished from existence.

Christian Universalism - There is still opportunity to be redeemed, and go from hell to heaven. (That does not necessarily mean that everyone will go to heaven, but it means that escape from hell is open to all eternally.)

CS Lewis' book The Great Divorce, depicts a fictional account of the Christian Univeralist perspective.

“The gates of hell are locked from the inside.” - CS Lewis.
    Last edited by BetaAsPhuck; 10-06-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    The Dangers Of WIFI For You, And Your Children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI

The Dangers Of WIFI For Pregnant Women: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-16623-8

Please Help People, And Donate To Amnesty International... https://www.amnesty.org/en/donate/

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by armies View Post
    The Bible talks about Hell, this is undeniable, thanks be to God, that he sent his only begotten son, Jesus, so that whoever believes in him will be saved
    ....ok? The loose collection of Egyptian funerary texts called The Book of the Dead also contains all sorts of odd superstitions of ancient peoples- ones that detail things like traversing the sky with Ra in a sun barge, to exactly how bodies should be preserved physically for souls to migrate to the after life with Osiris, to all kinds of weird magic and spells, for example the magical power of amulets.

I mean, cool story I guess.

Of course the bible also generally takes the position of geocentrism in its worldview, and contains various scientific errors and contradictions. None of this is surprising, considering the time period in which it was written. Not to mention the problem of uncontacted tribes, yada, yada, yada. You certainly wouldn't be making this very thread about hell and Jesus if you were simply one of the people born into those tribes. Funny how it works like that. No use repeating the content of many other threads on this subject though, especially to a red.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫

superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    God creates hell, then creates the cure to hell, and he will sell it to you for the low low price of believing in him, and you'll get the cure if you do, but only after you die.

It kinda sounds like your god is the baddie. It kinda sounds like a scheme the devil would come up with. BRB believe me in or I'll burn you alive forever, but also I love you.
    So...Are you judging God now?...

Registered User risingstarl96a1's Avatar
    risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingstarl96a1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I mean in reality, as long you don’t have have any conflict with anyone you will be fine.

superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by BetaAsPhuck View Post
    From another thread...

Hades is a term used in the Bible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_Hades

As is the term Gehenna - which refers to the valley of Hinnom, a physical place that literally existed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

They are both translated into English as Hell, despite them being 2 different concepts.

Although a lot of people ITT believe the mainstream interpretation that Hell is a place of merciless torture, for not being intellectually convinced that Jesus is God. The concept of Gehinnom (developed from Gehenna) in Judaism, is not punishment...

Gehinnom. (Judaism) The realm of the afterlife where unrepentant souls are cleansed of their spiritual impurities before returning to the presence of God.

Which is what I wrote about in my first post ITT...

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1587337831

Note: Islam took the term Gehinnom and transformed it into the Arabic Jahannam - a place of merciless torture.

What is seems like is that Gehanna became the term Gehinnom, a term referring to a place in the afterlife for cleansing for souls turned away from, by using a physical cursed place (The valley of Hinnom) for metaphorical effect. Then the concept seemed to change in Roman Catholicism and Islam (Jahannam), and became a place of everlasting torture by God/Demons for being unbelievers.
    I believe in Jesus though, he is my Lord and Savior

Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    ....ok? The loose collection of Egyptian funerary texts called The Book of the Dead also contains all sorts of odd superstitions of ancient peoples- ones that detail things like traversing the sky with Ra in a sun barge, to exactly how bodies should be preserved physically for souls to migrate to the after life with Osiris, to all kinds of weird magic and spells, for example the magical power of amulets.

I mean, cool story I guess.

Of course the bible also generally takes the position of geocentrism in its worldview, and contains various scientific errors and contradictions. None of this is surprising, considering the time period in which it was written. Not to mention the problem of uncontacted tribes, yada, yada, yada. You certainly wouldn't be making this very thread about hell and Jesus if you were simply one of the people born into those tribes. Funny how it works like that. No use repeating the content of many other threads on this subject though, especially to a red.
    And is this what you will tell God in judgment day?

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PlanoLifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by superman704 View Post
    I believe in Jesus though, he is my Lord and Savior
    Why do you need saving, and from what are you allegedly being saved?
    Flight crew

Originally Posted by PlanoLifter View Post
    Why do you need saving, and from what are you allegedly being saved?
    From Hell, duh

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And is this what you will tell God in judgment day?
    I wonder what you will be telling Ra before boarding his barge in the sky? Or Osiris as he judges you? Hope you have a good explanation for all that.

isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol @ religion
    "What has destroyed every previous civilization has been the tendency to the unequal distribution of wealth and power" - Henry George

Yang Gang

not actually 49

I wonder what you will be telling Ra before boarding his barge in the sky? Or Osiris as he judges you? Hope you have a good explanation for all that.
    Ra? Osiris? I don't think that's in the Bible, smh...

Ra? Osiris? I don't think that's in the Bible, smh...
    You honestly need this explained to you? lol

Originally Posted by isingmodel View Post
    lol @ religion
    What's funny about religion bro?

You honestly need this explained to you? lol
    Yes sir

Yes sir
    I don't waste times with reds. A hint: it is not unjustified to compare one ancient people's religious superstitions to another's. There is literally nothing that "proves" yours is correct and theirs was not, whatever that would even mean.

In fact we see all kinds of contradictions etc in the Bible, as well as countless passages that make you step back for a second and say "wtf". None of this is surprising given the time period these texts were written, and the relatively primitive peoples writing them.

I don't waste times with reds. A hint: it is not unjustified to compare one ancient people's religious superstitions to another's. There is literally nothing that "proves" yours is correct and theirs was not, whatever that would even mean.

In fact we see all kinds of contradictions etc in the Bible, as well as countless passages that make you step back for a second and say "wtf". None of this is surprising given the time period these texts were written, and the relatively primitive peoples writing them.
    Is this what you are going to tell God in judgment day???smh!

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Those who believe in Christianity will be saved, but those who did not believe in Christianity will go to hell and be tortured eternally in the most gruesome, perhaps even unimaginable ways. I've always tried to imagine what hell looks like. I bet there is some really gross stuff going on.

Things that come to my mind:

- You are in a state in which you can experience pain, just like you can right now in your physical body, but you can't die, nor can you pass out. You are feeling absolutely everything.

- You are being beaten, cut, and skinned alive.

- Your fingernails are being ripped out.

- Your teeth are being pulled out.

- Your chest and stomach are being slowly cut open and your organs removed.

- You're being roasted on a spit / burnt with fire that feels 100000x stronger than normal fire in this life.

- Your genitals are being pierced and cut.

- Rose stalks are being shoved through your urethra.

- Your eyes are being gouged out, squeezed, pierced, and ripped out.

- Acid is being forced down your throat.

- Your ear canal is getting pierced.

- Your bones are being broken, then limbs cut off, etc., until there's only the upper body without any limbs.

- Your nerves are transformed in such a way to increase suffering/pain, so that the slightest pinch feels like you are being drilled into.

- All of the torture above is repeated over and over, and in slightly different variations, so that it never ends.

That's kind of what it could be like, I think.

Originally Posted by Dorich View Post
    Those who believe in Christianity will be saved, but those who did not believe in Christianity will go to hell and be tortured eternally in the most gruesome, perhaps even unimaginable ways. I've always tried to imagine what hell looks like. I bet there is some really gross stuff going on.

Things that come to my mind:

- You are in a state in which you can experience pain, just like you can right now in your physical body, but you can't die, nor can you pass out. You are feeling absolutely everything.

- You are being beaten, cut, and skinned alive.

- Your fingernails are being ripped out.

- Your teeth are being pulled out.

- Your stomach is being slowly cut open and your organs removed.

- You're being burnt with fire that feels 100000x stronger than normal fire in this life.

- Your genitals are being pierced and cut.

- Your eyes are being gouged out, squeezed, pierced, and ripped out.

- Your nerves are transformed in such a way to increase suffering/pain, so that the slightest pinch feels like you are being drilled into.

- All of the torture is repeated over and over, and in slightly different variations, so that it never ends.

That's kind of what it could be like, I think.
    This is scary af! wtf!

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is scary af! wtf!
    It's not from any sources to be honest. It's just my imagination, perhaps what hell would be like if I were the one controlling it.

I edited that post btw, and added some stuff.

This is scary af! wtf!
    He's a troll.

That's literally all he does on R/P.