Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Legs are tired and need active recovery, because apparently relaxing for long bouts make them forget how to work together properly.

1 set of deadhangs, glute extensions, leg curls, face pulls, serratus push ups for warmup.

Deadlift on a slant board and only touching the floor lightly, but still pausing on the floor
    5x5x50

Great exercise for coordination. Next time - in 2 weeks - i'll be more prepared.

Glute extensions 2x8

No use training more muscles, because of how my body got kinda twisted and some muscles fatigued due to excessive relaxation.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10) DOMSPOWER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yesterday i overdid it a bit with isometric holds for my torso and inverted rows. Today my right scap just didn't feel exactly as it should, but it showed me that i need to get back to frequent super light rear delt work, so not too bad. Knee doesn't work well with bending, though.

4,8km walk to and from the gym today..

Warmup:

Deadhang 10sec

Glute machine 3x10x10
    - Last set with max ROM, which i thought the machine was already set to but guess not.

Leg Curls 2x20x10

Pull ups 2x2
    - Off..

Bent over Side Raises 2x15x2
    - I've done too much serratus work relative to rear delt work. This info helps a lot.

Pulldown Obliques with staggered feet 3x10x15

I'm doing more warmup work now than last time, because the whole thing for me is to feel better about doing more before i go heavy.

Workout:

Box Squat 3x10xbodyweight
    - Last set was painful.

Bent over Rows
    40kg x20, 16, 10
    - Something around my scapula just didn't work, and the knee kept hurting a bit.

Snatch grip Shrugs
    3x20x40
    2x20x60
    - Well something here is great for my serratus and scap control.

Coffee break.

Glute machine
    10x15, 20, 30 PR on account of it being a new exercise

Unilateral Leg Curls 2x10x10
    - Made me feel good so why keep going?

6 standing machine calf raises, yeeeeeeeah that's not happening.

30 bent over side raises with 1kg, not easy actually, so very useful.

Walk home again.

That knee gotta get it's **** together really quick. Having the muscles cooperate better is great and all, but some tissue not even being used to support a knee bend is unacceptable to me.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

Have done barely any training beyond super brief active recovery work, as it turns out my body recovers my excessively tight muscles very fast when I don't stress the system.

Last night the sun was very hot and kept me up from 3 to probably 5am. I was kinda ****ed and arrived in the gym 2 hours late, but I did some good despite thanks to warming up thoroughly.

Warm ups:

Glute machine 2x10x15

Close grip MAG Cable Rows 2x10x15

Medium grip MAG Pulldown Rows 2x8x15

Staggered feet Pulldown Abs 2x10x15
    - Neutral grip with the MAG handle felt better than overland grip.

After each set i did 10 bent over side raises with 1kg.

Workout:

Bench Press
    3x10x20
    10x40
    8x40

All but the first two sets were to about an inch above my chest as that felt safer on my shoulder. Trying having feet more below me than behind me, it helped.

High Incline DB Bench Press 2x4x6kg
    - Slow tempo and very hard upper back squeeze on top half of every rep.

Rows with same grip as during warmups.....

Cable Rows 3x13x25

Pulldown Rows 3x8x25

Bent over Side Raises 3x15x2

Reverse grip Pushdowns superset normal grip Pushdowns
    20x10, 12,5
    10x17,5
    2x8x25

Same reps with each grip, helped a ton on scapula positioning.

Barbell Curls 3x15x20

As upper back improves everything will improve. Gotta work it with active recovery every day.

My shoulder is aching a bit today, maybe cos of all the driving I did getting laid this weekend.

**** I'm sleeping heavy now.

Walk 5k, good.

Warm up:

Deadhang 3 sets

Glute machine 3x8x15

Bent over Side Raises 3x15x1

MAG Pulldown Rows
    10x15
    2x10x20

Pulldown abs with staggered feet 2x10x10

Leg Curls 2x20x10

Workout:

Box Squat
    3x10xbw
    3x10x20
    3x5x40
    5x40 without box, semi sloppy

Great work. My hip still needs some more mobility as I'm sitting back, and I definitely have some weak parts of hamstrings and glutes as it exhausts me to keep knees from coming forward on the way up.

I noticed a lot of new little details and my mind connected them very well, it was all flowing more.

Rows and shrugs were a bit better but didn't really do them.... New fibers are tired, I'd rather recover from quality work than do more work that becomes sloppy fast.

I think i've done too little active recovery work since i've begun falling back into a state of thoracic torsion.. Working on it went great but i'm hella tired and dizzy right now having been home for 40 minutes. Before walking 5km home i sat and ate a meal in there, was cool.

I'm back down to my normal 110kg, but still it took until almost 2pm before i pooped and therefor trained. I have a new rule that i shouldn't train before i poop, since i'm supposed to poop in the morning, or else my gut ain't working right, which is a sign of under recovery.

I did some back raises and cable crunches to help me get to a point where i felt ready to poop, but thought they made me quit feeling **** in some muscles, they didn't do as intended.

I don't know, maybe it's the few cans of cola and an energy drink a couple times the past week that slowly got me to this point.. So i'm done with that.

Warmup:

Glute machine 2x7x20
    Superset Bent over Side Raises 2x10x1

MAG Pulldown Rows 3x10x20
    Superset Serratus Push ups 3x5

Reverse grip Extensions 3x10x12,5
    Superset Bent over Side Raises 3x10x1

Cable Crunches 3x10x12,5
    Superset Bent over Side Raises 3x10x1

Workout:

Bench Press
    6x10x20 - finally my upper back setup clicked, turns out i lacked a little bit of arching
    2x10x40
    7x40

Thoracic began to twist and shoulder began feeling bad. So now i know why i haven't been able to lift without bothering my shoulder.. Makes me think i've been taking it too easy while allowing my body to correct itself through recovery.

High Incline DB Bench 4x6x6
    - The last set almost felt good

Seated DB Press no back support 3x6x6
    - You'd think my upper back wasn't fatigued yet, buuuut....

MAG Pulldown Rows
    10x30
    3x10x40
    - May have done some uneven reps and exacerbated my problem a bit..

Cable Crunches 10x10, 20, 30
    - May have added a bit to the exacerbation.. All i know for sure is i'm beat, though..

Reverse grip Pushdowns
    15x10
    8x20
    10x20

Barbell Curls
    15x20
    10x30

Side Raises
    10x2
    2x10x6

Eat and walk home..

I've decided that each day i'll do a brief morning session of either active recovery work for what came the day before or is coming the next day, or if none came the day before or comes the day after, then it'll be a small support day for the upcoming workout. And in the evening i'll do super brief active recovery work for whatever was done the day before or as a support day or real workout earlier that same day. Everything but my meat and potato gym sessions will be brief, and i wanna feel like a did something yet not nearly enough.

Alright so i dug too deep into my weak fibers and got overtrained on friday, then on sunday i had to put down tiles again, and i didn't train until today. It turns out my right lower leg tightens up and decreases rotation in the knee joint, and also my right infraspinatus is a lazy basterd.

Warmup:

Glute machine 2x8x20

Leg Curls 2x20x10

10 bent side raises with 1kg after each set, it was funky in my right side.

Forgot the rest, lol.

Workout:

Box Squat
    3x10xbw - much better than usual!
    4x10x20
    3x5x40

Vast improvement. Gotta keep that up and not overstep my body's ability to adapt and improve with all the little neural things.

Bent over Rows
    20x40 better than previously
    3 or 4x40 yeeeeah not good enough

Upper right arm feels funky when the bar is below my knees.

Snatch grip Shrugs
    20x40
    2x15x60

It's getting better and better.

MAG Pulldown Rows
    15x20
    3x10x30

This got my infraspinatus firing hard.

Bent over Row 13x40
    - Still not good enough, but much better and proving that lazy infraspinatus is the root of pain.

Standing Cable Crunches
    10x10
    3x10x20

Uni Leg Curls 2x8x10

Calf Raise on machine 4x30
    - Slow with focus on lower leg rotation
    - Last rep got me a pinch in the knee

I should generally beware of the accessory work, as most of my improvement comes from basic recovery while simply cuing better patterns.

Bent over Side Raises 3x10x1
    - Hit the spot much better this time.
    - Got me burning in ribs and now less than an hour later i feel sore in rear delt and infraspinatus.

Sun is out more and more, i should go to the beach and walk and swim in water to help me recover.

Yesterday I did some good bodyweight work, and found out why my knee fatigues much sometimes.

AM

10-15ish second holds:

3 sets of deadhang

2 sets of dips

Inverted Rows 3x2 slow

PM

3x5 bodyweight squats and 30 bent over side raises with no weight after I found out that.I lacked external rotation of my left thigh in it's hip socket.

Then something in me tugged for a walk to practice the improved posture despite still hurting a little bit. But instead of the standard 10 minute route, I went for the 30 minute one. And then chose to turn it into 45 minutes...

That bled into today's session.

ALTHOUGH I didn't mind dropping one of the biggest turds in my life this morning, LOL.

Warm up:

3 degree incline treadmill walk at 3,5km/h in place of my morning walk.

Glute machine 3x8x15

Superset 10 bent over side raises x1kg

10 high incline serratus push ups and 10x20kg MAG Pulldown Rows x3 supersets

Then I did abs and found out my hamstring wasn't just tight, no external rotation really sucked after yesterday's extra walk.....

Cable Crunches 3x10x10 superset the same bent over side rows as before

To fix that I did what I should've done to begin with:

Back Raises 3x8
    Superset 15 count resting squat

The warm-up would've went way better if I hadn't shrugged off the hamstring tightness.. Knowing that is good for my future.

Workout:

Slant board Deadlift double overhand
    10x50 damn it felt good
    3x5x70

Definitely improving here on my second deadlift session after the gym reopened. I just need the external femoral rotation to happen more intuitively, as each side doesn't coordinate very well with one another.

High Incline DB Bench 2x10x6

MAG Pulldown Rows
    15x20, 25
    10x30

All kinds of body parts are tired from training and postural work, so..

Cable Crunches 15x10, 15, 20, 25

Bent over Side Raises 3x20x1

I expect lats and upper back to fire hard as **** on my bench day in two or three days. This is where progress is really showing in execution.

I can't say I'm surprised that my left adductor is right as ****. I've spent over an hour rolling it and it still hurts like hell!

After the majority of the rolling I trained, and everything felt unfamiliar.

So not worth writing warm ups again....

Bench
    10x10xbar
    2x10x40

Cable Rows, pull down Rows, pullovers for 7 sets total and with 10 bent side raises after each set.

No arms, just rolling and a slightly more comfortable than usual walk home. I didn't walk there, but I did walk home.

All the adductor rolling is really paying off.

As I talked 5km to the gym, I actually moved better and better while fatigue and soreness came at a minimum.

Warm up:

Rolling.

10 bw squats and 10 bw goodmornings

Felt great

2x10 back raises and pull down rows

2x10 cable crunches and bent over side raises

Even if I'm doing better, the work I put into it has a cost of my endurance.

Workout:

Box Squat
    3x10xbw which went very well
    3x10x20 awesome
    4x5x40

I actually had my lats shake and got my glutes so fatigued that on the last set my knees came so little in that I barely noticed it.

I had some fatigue and as I racked the last set, my knee hurt a little bit. But it's just part of my adductor that tightened, it won't be an issue at all.

Now I'm gonna have another cup of coffee, roll, walk home, eat, roll and have a 10 minute walk to further grease the good groove.

I'm a couple hours into the Extreme ownership audio book my Jocko, and I'm loving it!

Man I'm improving fast. I've crushed part of my hamstring as well the past few days and found out that I have a soft spot in the glute that when I fire it up, it takes some stress of the it band and knee. Yep, I've actually found a way to decrease loading on my overly tight muscles in the leg as well as "open" the rib cage without at all stressing the right muscles.

This Sunday I walked to the gym instead of take the car.

Warm up:

Rolling the hamstring a bit.

Jane Fonda esque leg lift lol. 3x3 slow and multiple pauses where it felt appropriate.

The left leg sucks at that exercise, it's terrible.

Straight arm Pulldown and cable crunches 3x10

Reverse grip Pushdowns and bent side raises 3x10

Then I felt so good that even though I knew the warm up was over, I kinda just didn't know what to do with myself, haha.

Workout:

Bench Press
    4x10x20
    10x40
    2x10x30

Finally swallowed my ego and used less weight to spare the part of my shoulder, which has somehow been overused during all this rehab experimentation ****. Played around with leg drive, turns out legs out in front works very well to get me up on my traps and tighten up all over, but it stresses my knee a bit, so I'll have more reason to progress carefully until my joints heal. Which they will do very fast.

High Incline DB Bench 2x10x6

Seated DB Press 2x10x6

Weird. Shoulder presses are safer for me for some reason.

MAG Pulldown Rows
    10x25
    2x10x40

MAG Straight arm Pulldowns 2x10x15

MAG Pushdowns 3x9-15x15

Barbell Curls 3x9-14x20

Bent over Side Raises 2x15x1

Really building on the improved lat tension, the strength will come.

It appears I don't really gain anything from rolling anymore.. What's left is the glute coordination.

Warm-up:

Rolling for like 2 minutes lol

3x3 lying leg lift no rest and bit higher lift

Back Raises superset straight arm MAG Pulldown into a small crunch 3x10

Adding the crunch is golden apparently.

Bent over Side Raises 4x10

Work out:

Slant board Deadlift
    3x10x40
    3x5x60

Then 2 sets of chest supported machine rows.

That's right, I kept sets and weight low to feel out different techniques, and I left after that. The right spots are hit and pain keep going down, **** adding fatigue to that.

Yesterday I was particularly tired in my legs and found a correlation between the knee pain and a dysfunction in my foot.

Warm up:

Roll left ham and left lat a bit.

The leg raise thing, its better but left side is still ****.

Straight arm MAG Pulldown 2x8x10
    - standing slightly bent over like in the top of a squat feels great.

Superset Back Raises 2x6

Workout:

Box Squat
    3x10xbw
    3x8x20
    4x5x40

It went much better but the last set was still a bit out of control due to fatigue in weak places that have been "out of the game" due to the stiff muscles pulling..

I stretched my toes after every set.

Right shoulder is bugging me despite improved mobility in both sides, and I think it's because I'm doing the high incline. It hurts on many reps and the technical improvements that seem to correlate with a decrease in pain comes more from my lat work than the inclines themselves.

Instead of saying "ah I need better grounding" and training squat more often, I'm gonna do foot work every day and see squats become easier when I do them again in 7-10 days from now. There's no need to load the whole body just to improve one part.

My body is improving immensely for bench, but ironically the bench press is the only exercise that didn't progress in numbers today. I guess with one postural improvement comes a potential decrease in another technical aspect, so i just need some time to piece it all together.

Warmup:

20 minutes on the threadmill at 3km/h and 1 degree incline, in place of my morning walk.

Then an older out of shape couple confronted me about not wiping the threadmill after i was done, the woman getting hysterical and the man not looking me in my eyes as he was talking to me. I barely said a thing.

Straight arm MAG grip Pulldowns with arched back like on bench press 4x10x10
    - Awesome way to do it.

Serratus Push ups 2x8
    - Much better but not worth it compared to shoulder presses or static delt work and rows, i think.

Bent over Side Raises 2x10x1

Workout:

Bench Press
    3x10x20
    3x8x30

I had some trouble keeping shoulders down and my chest from rolling to one side or the other. I just need time and more focused execution.

Seated DB Press no back support 3x10x6
    - Comfortable except end of last set made my arm a bit tired, probably the lat connection thing, which is of course still improving and at a rapid pace.

Back supported static Front Raise 2x30secx1kg in each hand

MAG Pulldown Rows
    2x10x30
    16x40

Damn that lat tension got better quick.

Straight arm MAG Pulldowns
    15kg x8, 10, 13

MAG Pushdowns
    14x15
    20kg x10 or 11, 8

This made my lats wide, lol.

Barbell Curls
    12x20
    2x10x25

Bent over Side Raises 3x20x1

I'll warm up with shoulder presses next time and do slow bench presses, then i'll decide if i'll keep working on the bench first or make it a shoulder based day for a while (not that it'll involve much change).

Finally set my ego aside and started realising how ****ty my left scapula mobility is. Let's just say it does NOT move freely.... So i'm doing deadhangs for 5 total minutes every day now. It's brutal but i'm kinda fresh from it cos it works!

2 days ago when i started, i did 2 sessions of 20-25 minutes each where i did as many sets as possible for as long as possible.

Yesterday i did 18 sets of up to 20 seconds (yes, i use a metronome) for a total of 5 minutes. That took upwards of 45 minutes.

Today as i drove to the gym at 4pm:

Deadhangs with straps 10x30sec
    - I didn't want to fail, so i held the bar in my palms instead of in my fingers. That's ****ing painful being used to lift mostly with the weight in my fingers.

Deadlift
    4x10x40
    6x5x70

It turns out the slant board made it harder to set up my upper back due to the lift being longer. As i'm 6'2 and 240lbs, i'm thinking i might need a stance where knurling can get to hurt my shins, actually.

Technique was much better, knee is much better, next time 80kg will work much better.

I'll try some bodyweight work on thursday to gauge my newly improved abilities and Squat on sunday.

Since I'm hanging a lot every day,I've decided to log once a week. Part of this entry has already been logged.

Week 1 of daily deadhangs:

Day 1:
    Bench day

2x20-25 minute deadhang sessions, no timer.

Day 2:

4 hours mostly light physical labor work.

Deadhangs:
    20seconds

302 / 300 total

Day 3:

In the gym with straps
    30sec

300 / 300 total

Deadlift 6x5x70kg
    - An improvement due to better upper back setup. It also helps my knee a LOT.

Day 4:

Deadhangs
    20seconds
    5 and 15
    12 and 5

300 / 300 total

Day 5:

Deadhangs
    20seconds

300 / 300 total

6x5 slow paused bw squats
    Superset 3x5 shoulder presses 5kg db
    Superset 3x5 push ups

Day 6

Deadhangs
    20seconds

300 / 300 total

My pinky was tired so it took ****ing 75 minutes. Tomorrow I'll be ready.

Day 7:

Deadhangs with straps
    35seconds

300 / 300 total

Box Squat
    40kg
    2reps

30 / 30 total

I'm tired of seeing reps get harder to do right after a few reps, and so I decided to follow the lead of deadhangs. Lower reps helped a lot as did the daily hanging.

I'm thinking triples next time.