Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today's a great day.

Bent over Band Rows pulling arms behind the body which is hard as ****
    6-7x10

Superset Push ups against the kitchen counter
    6-7x10

The push execution was way better than last time where i did 10x10 and rows after, my shoulder - or more likely my collar bone - just need to adapt to the improvements.

Band Rows pulling to stomach 50reps
    - Reminds me of when i'd intuitively and frequently do a ton of rows every day and most of my trouble went away quick. I guess i stopped because i had gotten better and was bored with me only to forget that i had ever done it.

Side Raises 50reps with 5kg
    - Recognize my great progress in posture.

Overhead External Band Rotations in a lunge position 4x5
    - The last set was hard on my right arm and easy on my left for some reason.

Then took the band around my neck and did 100 tricep extensions and to finish off i stepped on it and did 100 bicep curls. Oh yeah, the right bicep is definitely in bad shape.

I do a LOT of rear delt work from different angles that i don't log in here, and after today i'm starting to think that a lot of the benefits i get from them comes from the lat tension required to keep the technique on point, as when i feel great in my torso, my lats are tense all the way down into my obliques.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yesterday evening I did 10x5 tactical frog pose with some inner thigh squeezes thrown into the mix. I began at above parallel and as the sets progressed I began going deep and ended up the last two sets as deep as possible. Could barely make my feet leave the ground, it had a great effect.

Today:

Paused bodyweight Squat 5-6 triples

Felt like random technique work, not training.

Wheelbarrow full of dirt
    4 sets of a pull and pull

Shorter rest times and faster speed, actually a bit too fast at first.

50 Band Rows

Floor Press 6x10x5kg

As i began getting the right positioning and manage the squeeze into the floor on the bottom, i began to do just that each rep. Very intense, i made it much harder than the weight suggests.

Band Rows 2x100

Very good workout, specially the upper body portion. Therapeutic.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

So I had a few days with much less eating, less bloating, more ****ting, a bit less of the daily rehab work (of which i replaced getups and pull aparts with 100 band rows) and now I'm feeling fresher again.

Instead of the morning rehab work I just did this:

Wide stance goodmornings with band 2x30reps
    Great alternative for the leg curls. Hit other places, less strain on the right spot.

Lying alternated leg raises and side leg raises
    2x15
    2x10

Much easier now. And more effective.

Wheelbarrow pulls each way, slippery grass so more like a bit of a fast walk
    6 rounds

Felt much better with walking instead of jogging or even running. Round 6 was more like a normal walking speed, so i stopped. Stimulate therapeutically, recover, repeat.

Overhead external band rotations in a lunge position
    2x6

Then i attached the band high enough that I can do it standing
    4x5 much better

Takes a bit of practice but once I do it just right, it's VERY hard on my lats.

100 band bicep curls

Short workout but VERY effective. I learned some things for future workouts.

Today i went back to the 100 leg curls and rows, and it felt GREAT.

Made a bunch of cold calls for my investment opportunities.

Brief workout:

Bent over row very upright and elbows back 3x15

Really felt it between my scaps in the beginning of every reps this time

5 push ups

Bit of crunching but no pain. Something i can actually work with.

Floor Press with 5kg bells 3x10

The last set felt a lot better, so i decided to quit while I'm ahead and enjoy some better than usual recovery and technical adaptation from it.

So i randomly for in an evening shoulder session. Worked through it with short rest albeit kinda lazily, as I'm not trying to go very hard.

Doorway presses 8x1x10 count

Yeah, i stood in a doorway and pushed my arms up against it isometrically. Made it all about standing correctly and keeping my shoulders secure.

Miniband shoulder triset holding onto each end of the band and not using full rom as it's tough
    10 Face pull external extension hybrids
    10 reverse flies
    10 straight arm pulldowns

4 rounds

Shoulders feel great now and I'm fresh.

I've improved a lot recently, am able to do more with my leg and do push ups again.

I'm considering logging some of my more important workouts, that way I can look in here if i forget when i did what. Maybe it'll help.

Over a week ago i got back to doing push ups on the floor:

Incline push ups 4-5x10

On the floor, spread over a couple hours here and there: 10 doubles

7 days ago i had a session with a wannabe Crossfitter in her home gym:

Squat
    Some doubles and triples with empty woman's bar
    Some with 35
    Some singles and doubles with 45

Many reps were paused, some long paused, some sets with any given weight were a looooong paused single. My hips needed it. Knee loved it.

Bench
    5's with bar
    5's with i don't know 25
    5's and maybe a triple or two with 45

Setup was fine but keeping both shoulders pressed equally hard into the bench was difficult.

Bent over Rows
    10x40 and up to i think 85-95
    6x105
    4x105

That was it, she had to work.

She was a weak ****. Thought she was strong, thought she knew things, but her technique sucked, she couldn't lift anything and she questioned my knowledged despite clear results when she tried my corrections. After 3 days she texted me we're not a good match at all for training- obviously i didn't answer.

4 days ago:

Red minivand wide stance goodmornings 4x25

Decided next I'll do 4x20 or 3x25, still was dumb enough to add more posterior work....

10-15 count paused squat 3-5 singles

Glute Bridges 2x15
    - left leg felt overused a little but, aaand I'm still feeling it today, affecting torso as well.

Unilateral leg extensions
    2x10 left and 50 right

Maybe 10 days prior i did this for a full leg day of 6 sets. This time i could've done more reps in a set with my left leg.

I thought about adding band leg curls but my Odins grasp i quit thinking like an idiot and called it a day.

Yesterday:

Push ups 5x10 with regular rest periods

Today:

15 push ups

Walk to the grocery store, get a bag full of stuff

Wide grip Inverted Rows to counter the uneven lat tension:
    4-5x8
    6 not failure, just keeping it corrective
    Underhand grip
    13+4

Didn't care to keep ROM up on all reps at the end. Good stuff.

1 set of bw biceps, elbow said gimme a break.

Walk home 15-20 minutes with the bag.

Bird dog against counter, again just to correvt:
    3x1x10 seconds

Got me sore in the dominant side, but just a part of it. Likely a much needed part. Overall, this exercise is greater for me than one might think, as it correxts my muscular imbalances without me having to lift my body through a push up, row, whatever..

Lockdown ain't nothing. I'll be building forever.

I just did 100 total push ups and i feel great

Turns out things are getting more and more therapeutic, so i can do something better almost every day now.

Band goodmornings
    3 or 4x20

Gotta target inner hamstring on my right leg, makes my inner hamstring on my left leg stop taking over and ****ing my knee. Helps a lot with close stance.

Push ups
    3x10 and a set of 5 just to make it 200 total in the past 4 days

Really helps screwing my arms into the right place in my shoulders.

Half hour later i was doing Wide grip Inverted Rows 6x8reps EASILY and walked home with a big grocery bag. Leg was a bit ****ed after the leg session but it's better, i walked almost normally this time.

Next week I'm shooting for 500 push ups. Gotta be patient but the reps keep getting better, so i expect to be able to do this.

Thinking of doing it something like this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 100+ push ups

Tuesday, Saturday:
    50 push ups at most
    Wide grip Inverted Rows

Thursday and Sunday:
    50 push ups at most
    Band goodmornings
    Resting squats

Obviously with some extra light goodmornings and some assistance work thrown into the mix.

Tomorrow more for bird dog and band ab work to make me recover better, nothing rough, the day after i begin something like what's written above.

I finished the week with 630 push ups. Monday was the highest at 200 and Tuesday the lowest at 30.

I also did a ton of band goodmornings, quite a lot of inverted rows although the many push ups made it impossible to a row a ton.

I've found out that standing on a door step with one leg hanging besides it, lowering my body until that leg reaches the floor and stepping back up is very hard for me to do with proper control, and it fatigues my knees, quads, upper hamstrings and glutes a lot more than you'd think. A small amount is great for my knee.

Today i began with pull ups again, starting at light 3x3

Serratus and lats are fried from all the push ups but mobility is at an all time high.

I've gotten back to pull ups again and yesterday i pushed it just a little bit as it seems the top half of chins dine right, slowly and specially with an isometric hold at parts of it does my ribs and shoulders good.

In the train in the morning:
    3 maybe
    1 chin with a sloooooow eccentric and a series of holds on the way down which really got me good

Now it's much easier to keep my rib cage centered and that way have no rotation in my hips, which does a lot of good for my knee.

Then in the evening:

Push ups
    Pike
    5 or 6 that felt kinda bad
    1 holding it, going down and up slowly and pausing often
    Felt good so did another one that way

Then i grabbed my 5kg dumbbells and finished my shoulders off:

Standing press hold at lockout for 2 sets of however long
    Did some rotation during to stand just right

Side Raises
    13?

Bent over side raises
    20 again which says some good **** has been happening since it was much easier than side raises and the side raises was very easy to get my shoulders in position for this time

You guys wouldn't believe how much ALL of yesterday's upper body work tapped into my weak fibers in primarily serratus anterior. I'm telling you, I was ****ing winded after this.

I'm using the gym in school now.

The last two mornings I've done 3-4 sets of inverted rows waiting for the train and pull ups in the train.

Yesterday:

Zercher lockout hold- 10 count
    2 sets with empty bar, first squat stance but lateral pressure hurt my knee a lot that day so i moved in to a wide conventional deadlift stance

Back rounded a little bit so i stopped. Fair beginning. Great for my ribs.

Bent over Rows
    10x60
    7x90
    13+3x110

People were impressed. An instructor there who's been in the fitness education for 2 years couldn't even deadlift 90...........

Some jackass told me to start out light although I'm using my 110kg body to do push ups every day and inverted rows 3-5 days per week. Also, light band goodmornings every day that while it doesn't make me strong, it did help make the bent over position feel very natural.... I had literally just told him and his friends about it, and when i told him I don't need to start out easy, he said I'll learn it once i begin the fitness education....

These things made it very hard for me to wanna go through that education.

Better moving to phillipines and live like a king.

Floor Press
    ?x10x20
    3x8x30

Something is off when on the floor but on a bench the lat tightness is intense. Maybe that's on me.

In the evening i did band pull aparts, it hit my upper back muscles a LOT better and after the second of two sets almost all the discomfort in my knee was gone. Thoracic posture has improved immensely and it makes my legs function a lot better.

Today:

Back Raises 3-4x10

Bench Press
    3x10x20
    8x30
    3x5x40

Last set felt perfect so i quit while being ahead

They have a machine for cable cross overs that i did a few sets of standing presses using leg drive. 5 reps each leg per set.

Pushdowns superset preacher curl (assuming ez bar is 10kg)
    10x40 and 10
    10x50 and 15
    10x60 and 20
    2-3x10x55 and 20
    10 and 7 same weight
    10 extensions and 0 curls

That was it but I'm just now remembering i wanted to try that curl exercise where i grip one end of the dumbbells. I've heard it's very hard on the firearms.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 04-27-2021 at 06:51 AM.

So two days ago i progressed but was still bothered, so i reached out to someone and found out my external rotator cuff muscles are in too poor shape.

Goodmornings 4x10x40
    - each set better than the last. Great for me.

High incline controlled 10's with empty bar
    - bicep tendon is easily fatigued, specially at an angle

Flat bench 5's with 40kg again but much better back tightness

I had warmed up with face pulls which felt great and my lats were fried from prior work, so i grabbed the straight bar for face pulls to my forehead and then pulled my hands above and over my head in a strict external rotation movement.

That **** was effective as hell, and after 4 sets it was hard to raise my left arm, which is the side I'm most immobile in with my ribs and scapula. After a little while i could move my arm almost normally and with much better mobility.

Finished with a forearm exercise where i hold the end of the dumbbell, NOT letting my fingers down to hold onto the edge and curled it like that. Just 4kg and didn't get wild burns like when i used to do wrist curls, but little places here and there are still tensing and feeling sore sometimes. Great addition to my toolbox.

Since last night I've done maybe 15 sets of 10 external rotations with my back against the wall and so when i went and did inverted rows, it felt weird and like i was being lifted instead of lifting myself. It was only 3x10 and then 2x15 push ups before my rotator cuffs were starting to fry, but the quality was so much better..... Before that i did 3x15-20 band goodmornings and tied into a weak part in my bad leg that made me MUCH better already. And 4x5 tiny doorstep step ups which felt much better due to the improvement in band goodmornings....

I think I'll just replace the Zercher holds with cable crunches so that i have more room to work on my humeral rotation and regain strength on goodmornings, since i already got bent over rows ready to be pushed ALL OUT.

Today was pretty good

Emphasized deadhangs in the morning train

Then at 11:

Goodmornings
    Whatever number of sets with empty bar, two of which were supersetted with face pulls
    10x40
    2x8x50

The constant rotator cuff work at home is paying off. Pushing hips straight back and being one with the barbell is far easier now.

Bench
    ?x10xbar
    5x40 ****ing easy to set up right
    2x5x60
    2x10x40

Lying Leg Curls
    20reps with
    100kg

Super comfortable machine. Creating inertia feels safe. Another round or two and I'm ready to push past failure again.

Lat pull machine in kind of a pulldown into a semi row path
    15x50
    3x15x70

Superset straight bar Pushdowns
    15x40, 60
    11x75 (full stack)
    ?x60

Then i spend - and i kid you not - half an hour doing external rotations with my back against the wall. A bunch of weightless sets and the rest with 1kg. At least half was weighted and on almost all reps i raised my arms an inch sometimes two inches up along the wall and back down before lowering the weight.

I'll be a ****ing beast before I die.

I haven't been this sore in my upper back since before i got these joint problems.

Now i'll know forever how it feels when i'm using my external rotators vs when i'm not. And i'll abuse it to my advantage.

So i was overreached for 4 days, sucked **** at inverted rows and pull ups this morning, killed it at goodmornings with 8x50 and 3x8x60 vs just two sets with 50 a week prior, then i did high incline 3x5x25 which is the first time I've actually put weight on the bar, because my shoulder mobility is much better, and at the end i almost tore my right lower hamstring doing leg curls. Thankfully it's no longer bruised.

I'm off school for the rest of the week, and today i went to the public gym that only just reopened.

Found the right way to setup on bench today, feels a lot better in my shoulder. Knee is fatigued between workouts, so can't push legs more than about once per week, i think.

So naturally, I'm gonna train much like a bench specialist from now on, though focus is more on quality and regaining the ability to overhead press.

Of course my bench will get a lot stronger in this process.

Floor Press
    4x6-8x20

Not there yet... Felt a bit bad still

Bench
    Whatever with bar
    10x40 damn just flew up comfortably
    4x5x60
    8x50
    10x40
    5x40 on this set i found a new bar path as well
    2x10x40

High incline hammer strength press 2x15x5kg per side
    - gotta watch the collar bone area

Bent handle Pushdowns
    15x40, 60, 70
    10x85 full stack

Pinwheel Curls i think they're called 2x20x10
    - Damn hard for my left lower bicep for some reason. Gotta be careful here.

Back to the Pushdowns
    12 and 9 reps with the stack
    16 and whatever with 60kg

Chest supported t bar rows 20x so and so light

Some bicycling, felt great on my knee. I'm being more attentive to arching my feet, and my legs and shoulders love it.

Here's my new routine:

Monday:

Bench 3x5 starting with 60
    High Incline 3x5 starting with empty bar or 22,5

Adding 2,5kg every time I've done well and recovered nicely.

Little bit of arms to finish.

Tuesday:
    Cable crunches 2-3x20
    Goodmornings 2-3x8

Some leg curls and calf raises, 2-3 sets each, really practicing that foot arch to take pressure off the bad spot in my knee.

Wednesday:

Bench 5x10 starting with 42,5 as i kinda did it with 40 in my last workout

Lots of triceps this day

After 3 months I'll be at up to 70kg for easy general strength and conditioning sets whole throwing around 100kg easily for reps again on other days.

Thuraday:
    Cable Crunches going hard on this day whereas others are more for warming up
    Breathing Shrugs

Bit of neck and more abs. Super brief day.

Friday:

One week is the same as Monday, maybe little to no assist work.

The other week is just high incline practice

Saturday:

Light goodmornings 10-15 reps just to feel ready for Tuesday

Bench practice with light to medium weights. Every other week i might go heavy once I'm back to it.

Some upper body assist work. This time more shoulder oriented.

Every day will have deadhangs and most days will have inverted rows. I did those yesterday where i broke it up into several parts to get the middle trap shrug part of it going for me. It was awesome, I'm still feeling the improvement in my shoulder posture. It made it far easier for me to train my rotator cuffs properly, so I'm continuing as many days per week as possible.

I'll be dating and ****ing whenever and however. Showering with girls on first dates if i have to.

Yesterday my shoulders were **** but with an empty bar i found a better setup and went to 5x60 then packed up and left.

Tired rotator cuffs is no biggie, the workout was a massive succes.

I've decided to make training more about feel and energies. I've suffered coma for two weekends (possible 3 out of the last 4) now and this time was since Thursday.. no more.

Today i worked my external lower leg rotation as i found it ****ing sucks. Takes tons of load off my inner knee and helps me feel a lot better.

So after walking and some deadhang/pull up and moderately intense cable crunches i did goodmornings

To a slant board which helps shins through elevated heel and pushing toes hard into the ground
    2 sets empty bar
    10x40
    8x50
    3x8x60

Last two reps were very slightly off from my upper back fatiguing. Nice hitting the right muscles intensely. 60-65kg next week

Instead of light goodmornings on Saturdays I'll make it a day for calves.

3 very light sets of seated leg curls. Not easy, however. Maximum focus on lower leg staying rotated out as much of the time as possible.

2-3 sets of chest supported t bar rows and then cable crunches, both with tiny weights just practicing shoulder and calf posture on both exercises. Feel it, no hauling.

Lazy biking as i write this. All about feel and ingraining posture.

It's like every little thing is an important detail now. That's how big this discovery is.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 05-18-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Interesting week.

I did some general stretching stuff and bodyweight movements, some running even as i attended a fitness class to see what that education is like. Mostly theory though, i enjoyed it.

Turns out basic stretching of adductirs and ribs made all the difference in the world for me.

Plank makes my ribs sore really fast and mostly in my right side. Incredibly useful.

Then went home and did band shrugs and light neck work, it helped my shoulders and ribs further.

I realised then i need to cut way back on my volume and do some more work on my upper back, planks and basic light stretches.

So Friday i benched 3x5x60 and that was it. Easy though from the recovery but i wasn't yet recovered from the overtraining.

Today:

I trained a 14 year old kid who squatted 125kg and deadlifted 140kg and squats almost every day, Olympic style.....

Taught him how to breathe, brace, stand and grab the bar correctly and he did 110 with much better technique than he's ever used.

Then i trainrd:

Squats with barbell calf raises
    4x5x empty bar

5 squats and 5 calf raises.... All paused to just get my hips mobile down there.... Then 5 calf raises in my squat stance.

Teaching the kid to squat had me realise my knee feels great down there now after that fitness class, and the calf raises made me realize my right foot has a hard time pushing with the outer side.. so no wonder my weight shifts to my left leg and big toe and makes that knee hurt............

Empty bar calf raises were actually hard to do with keeping the load on the weak toes..

Calf raise machine
    8x30 damn, I've moved double that easily before lockdown.. but i guess poorly
    6x30
    8x15

My legs were shaking on at least the last two sets of these baby weights....

High Incline Hammer Strength Press
    20x0
    16x5 per side
    Then 10 reps as endurance to keep loads balanced just isn't there.... Just like with the calves... Probably also because of my calves....

Side Raises
    20x3
    2x20x7

Then hung out with a girl. We were both tired and just relaxed, no fun stuff at all...... Lame.

Today I started feeling pretty good about my progress in mobility and pain....

I started with some hangs and few chins on the rings

That turned into 6 triples of chins

And only after that i did my external rotations, usually it comes first. It kinda felt better this way, although hangs were off at first in a way.

Bench
    4x10xbar
    5x40
    2x5x50 cos first set was half assed with my smaller shoulder muscles
    5x60
    2x5x70

Chest supported T bar Rows
    Semi neutral grip
    2x8 and a set of 5 with 70kg

No warmup, just joined the employee who walked me through my pt contract. Nice to finally be able to just row the boat, ha.

Pushdowns up to the stack and a back off set

Pinwheel curls again

Forearm curls again

Face Pulls 3-4x12-15x25
    Felt amazing

Finished with external rotations again, much better than ever....

.... And i finished feeling ready to bench even heavier.

I've made some discoveries the last two days and think i can really begin to step up the volume on smaller less taxing exercises for my joint health.

Yesterday:

Goodmornings 4x8x60

Lying leg curls, the machine i made an easy 20x100 with which injured me
    10x20 lol
    40kg x17, 20

Rotating my legs outwards and doing a bit more controlled reps hit my outer lower hams HARD. They're severely lacking and my knee is a lot better of having hit them. I'll be doing it twice weekly.

Cable Crunches for 20 reps up to 60kg which were still a bit easy. Can do the stack with no issues soon.

Today:

Bit of deadhanngs and semi sup t bar rows, felt great so didn't do triceps or face pulls. Will do so next time though and you'll see why.

Bench
    3x10xbar and 10 externals and internal rotations against wall and on floor with 1kg bells
    3x10x40

Not good enough....

T bar rows overhand grip
    20x20
    3x20x40

Helped a ton, decided to try benching again

10x40
    3x10x50

Alright so I've gotta lie down with tighter muscles around my shoulders. Basically my humeral rotation muscles.

Then after being home 3 hours i did a series of band upper back movements and probably 5-6 sets of external rotations with the band. Helped me recognize the nuances in my rotational stabiliry.

One shoulder needs to just stay back and another need to rotate in so as to not come too far back but still stay back. Kinda the same old but i felt it in a new way with more awareness as to how.

So I'm definitely gonna do a bunch more external rotation work from more than just the overhead angle, face pulls, reverse flies and t bar rows where i imitate the bench path.

I'm also changing the Wednesday bench from a light day doing reps and unconsciously being a bit too lose to sustain the duration of the sets into a slow technique day where I'm gonna get as tense as ****ing possible with light weights and move slowly. So it becomes as tight as on "heavy" weights but more focus on the mechanics and still light so as to recover faster as I'm still learning to do it right like i used to before all this pain bs.

Was gonna wait longer before logging, but i just keep learning.

Yesterday i was in the fitness class in school again, we ran a lot and then when my legs were tired and i wasn't sure my knee was gonna hold up we ran some intervals.

First interval had my psoas ****ing bursting like they were about to tear, and it took away the feeling on my knee being loaded, as well as i found when i use my left leg - specially the top part - more i walk and feel a lot better.

Integrating my left leg more seem to allow me to use my left lat more as well, so my right arm is more stable in the shoulder socket from ribs being more centered. It's all coming together.

So today I benched and tomorrow I'm gotta spare the knees while pushing my top quads and adductors more through narrow stance squat lockouts and sumo block pulls. And that's assuming my legs aren't still too ****ed to do something worthwhile tomorrow....

Oh and last night i did band shrugs 3x20 which helped my shoulders a ton.

Warmup:

Joint rotation stuff with ankles, knees, hips, wrists, elbows and shoulders

Tons of pull ups and deadhangs were done in the train today as i went somewhere else and then took a train to the gym later where i did more.pull ups. So i was plenty warm at this point..

Face Pulls

Bent Rows

Pushdowns

3x10 each

Workout:

Bench
    4x10xbar better but still feeling all the previous bad reps when i actually do the exercise, specially after rep 5 or 6

2x5x40 better
    5x50
    3x5x65 matching Mondays workload on 60 and 70
    10x40 confirming what i said about psoas and lat integration

Pushdowns up to 10x60

Bent Rows up to 8x90
    Easy as hell to hold, confirming that the farther i bend over the harder it is for my psoas to coordinate

Face Pulls 3x12-20x30

Pinwheel curls 1x30x10 barely felt it in the sore spot this time

I'm gonna do a bit of running every week to build my work capacity and legs, and as i said I'm gonna do narrow stance squat lockouts and sumo block pulls tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Today's session was the most rewarding I've had in years!!!!

My leg is finally able to begin supporting heavy weights, and my upper body is a lot stronger now!!!!!

High bar narrow stance squat lockouts with 10count holds
    3x3xbar
    3x40, 60, 80
    100 maybe a double

It spared my knee a lot, integrated my psoas without tiring it much and actually I've never felt 150kg being so light on my back before. It was almost like an empty bar.

Sumo Block Pulls
    2x5x40
    5x70, 100, 120

Easy, just gotta get my quads and adductors used to lifting weights again.

Seated leg curls
    20x35
    3x20x50

Calf raise machine
    ?x20?
    12x30

Calves are very tired from the running, just wanted to do SOMETHING.. and that something was more than last time and EASY.

High incline Hammer Strength Press
    10x0, 5 per side, 15
    8x15 per side

Much more stable and much stronger.

Did i mention i found out my rhomboids and possibly trap 2 in my right side wasn't enduring enough, and being mindful of that centered my rib cage all the way so now i can use my left lat better and get more use of it? Well, now you know.

Side Raises
    20x6
    15x10

Close to my record so fast. Fun fact, last time i made a record it was 2-3kg jumps of 15reps until 14 or 15kg for 9 reps.. and very fast, just two or three weeks back to doing the exercise with a good feel again.

External cable rotations 3x10x2,5 no rest between sets

I feel really ****ing good in my muscles and about myself.

Today and yesterdays training went very well, i just didn't do much as all the work it took to find the keys have fatigued some of my muscles, as well as some experimentation caused mild yet lingering irritation.

Yesterday AM:

Ran over 1km to the train station

Stretched

Bodyweight face pulls 3x8-12

Inverted Rows 3x4-8

Incline push ups done as kind of a plank as well, shifting from side to side to feel out my center.....

In the train i did deadhangs and pull ups as usual.

Later:

Bench
    3x10xbar
    5x40, 50, 60
    3x5x67,5

Side Raises 2x10x14

My record is 15 reps ramp up with 2-3kg jumps until 9x14 or was it 15kgs.. so I'm once again at PR territory with barely any practice on the exercise. Funny how some things work out that way.

I walked a lot the last several days, this day included. Enjoying my knee improvement and practicing my gait..... It began to leave a mark.

Today:

Ambivalent with the leg fatigue as it has moved down lower with the upper part adapting and now knee attachments are fatiguing due to all the standing and walking lately..

In the train i did a set of 10 pull ups, it went really well.

Gym later:

Goodmornings
    3x10xbar
    10x40
    8x50
    3x8x65

All sets were good and the last one was the best. Next week I'll have better handle on my leg recovery and do 70 even better!!!!

Easy 2x20 superset of 40kg cable crunches and 50kg leg curls. My hams are less protected by my system now so I'll be back to 100kg really soon.

The last two days I've had a relapse with my leg that went up into my ribs, neck and sucked me dry of energy and focus. It turns out my outer quad is tight and sore as ****, so now I've likely found the root cause of my inner knee stiffness. No actual joint pain this time, which itself is a big deal.

I did a fitness test and interview for the fitness education today.

We ran 1km for a warm up, then after nearly no rest time we ran 3 timed laps of that km. No assigned rest time between laps, i chose to stop and have some water then go for the next lap immediately.

18 something minutes total for those 3km..

Then some dance flow leg lift squat bull**** session to show us what's a part of the education..... Got a hold of the weak muscles in the good leg and suffered several cramps there for **** sake....

Felt fresh enough to not completely deload starting today afterall:

Nearly no warm up needed before benching

Bench
    3x10xbar
    6x40
    5x50
    5x2x60

No need to add weight twice per week and do many reps.... I'm gonna dial in technique on Mondays and Fridays from now on, that'll allow me to progress faster.

Around 2cm Sumo Rack Pull as that's just how the squat cage is designed
    5x60
    2x100
    1x140

Kinda easy, turns out my right outer quad is weak and so the leg isn't all the way out, hence why some pulls have been uneven and my left leg is tight and hurting.... At least i think that the outer quad issue is the root cause now.

Chest supported machine Rows
    20x80
    15x100

Great machine to hit just where my loose side needs it. Maybe doing inverted rows with head far behind the bar is my new go to in the twice weekly morning rounds.

External rotations 4 sets

No training tomorrow. Maybe some type of deload of just severe moderation in the following week.... We'll see.

Haven't trained much, found out my left leg is problematic due to deficiency is hip abduction. Side stepping with a band wrapped around my thighs makes me forget I've had chronic pain for 3 years.

Kinda deloading, kinda not even training. Spent Sunday and Wednesday cutting weeds on my cousins farm.

Training today was awesome. Lats really needed the rest. I just did some inverted rows and such a couple days ago, short round. This morning was just some light band rows, minding feelings over fatigue.

So the workout:

Machine rows 3x20 moderate intensity

Rotations whatever

Kinda more than a warmup but whatever whatever

Bench press
    3x10x20
    5x40
    3x3x50 i felt I'm doing better but i need low rep practice.and can probably control a bit heavier weight better
    70 correct
    3x80

Damn. I need to up my game and really force my setup through upping the load and minimising the reps. Maybe I'll do conjugate on Mondays.

Bent over side raises 3x12x3 kinda hard actually as i rotated out and paused and hit some weaker muscles hard. Wait and see how I'm gonna use this.

160+kg Sumo Block Pulls coming up two days from now.

So the template starting back up:

Monday:
    Bench medium to heavy

Ohp practice

Tuesday:
    Sumo deads 1 inch off the floor or after next week i can do it off the floor actually

5x3x50% / 5x2x60% / max effort

Goodmornings 3x8x80% of those sets best / match or beat the best / knee extensions for just my right leg

Wednesday:
    Bench 5x3x60%

High incline and majority of arm work

Thursday:
    Traps
    Neck
    Hip flexors

Friday:
    Bench 5x2x70%

Saturday:
    Sumo Block Pulls 5x2x60% / max effort / 5x3x50%

Goodmornings 3x8 / knee extensions for the right leg / Goodmornings 3x8x80% of the best

This day I'm able to use a slant board for Goodmornings but after next week I can use it on Tuesdays also.

I don't think the gym outside of school has incremental plates so in summer I'll be adding sets often where I'd have preferred to just add weight and keep it short and spicy.

In the pm and am I'll do exercises that prepare me for the upcoming workout. That's right, 3 sessions a day though pm is super small and a lot of times I'll do some light stretching. In fact Tuesday and Thursday am is for stretching specifically, very little actual training.

EDIT:

I got the sumo percentages wrong.

It's:

Sumo 50%

Blocks 60%

Sumo max effort

Blocks 50%

Sumo 60%

Blocks max effort

Repeat
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 06-10-2021 at 04:32 AM.

The past few days I've been doing light work on my outer legs and glutes, and today i did 180kg on Sumo Block Pulls

It barely felt like a workout

Using lighter days is amazing for my rehab and recovery. I might change to having only one light bench day per week, though.

Yesterday:

Sumo almost off the floor 5x3x70

Goodmornings 3x8x50
    - more control, more technical, tore up some well needed fibers in my leg.

Leg curls and calf raises, they really do matter

Today:

Bench 3x3x50

Really nailed the technique on the third set so why go on and risk lower quality from there

Chest supported row machine 2 sets

Rope pushdowns with elbows out and pinwheel curls 2 supersets

Damn

My glutes, hams and a bit calves are tired but I'm doing a lot better and all joints feel better too. Lower part of bench is rough, though. It used to be easy to stay tight in all the right places for a 10x10.. So i might have just a secondary bench day and not a middle day.

Today i did 3 super light sets of machine rows and 2 super light sets of leg curls

No more

After the deload i became a lot more pain free and that made me able to tell that though the barbell work makes me improve faster, it also irritates some of my small muscles when i do it often. Specifically my rotator cuffs and upper lat/back muscles.

So starting on Monday I'm gonna alternate upper and lower sessions thrice weekly with a day in between and do it kinda like westside conjugate.

Upper:

Day1: moderate or max effort

Day2: light rep work

Lower: the same as before with two 50-60% days and Goodmornings then the third is a heavy session. Still alternating off the floor and from blocks.

This way it'll be a little bit longer between heavy days.. 9-10 days for bench and 13-14 days for sumo.

Tuesday and Thursday will be super short accessory day for recovery of the joints. As little work as possible, I'd rather 2 easy sets of band flies to feel great than irritate my shoulders with some extra bench technique work with baby weights. This way I'll still have frequency come into play.

3 days ago:

Bench to pins an inch or more above chest
    4x10xbar
    2 sets of whatever usual with:
    1 or 2 singles with 90
    2x100

I've done a single with 100+ to pins at chest height, but don't think I've done a double.. so this might be a free PR

That second rep really got my muscles tightening up where needed. Very beneficial.

Yesterday i did 140kg sumo deads pain free but slow and with terrible leg coordination. But it somehow made my entire left glute more engaged, so I'm doing much better now.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast