Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've begun working manual labor with my brother, we're currently putting tiles for someone who lives near me, and i go into a fatigue coma every night after work, lol.

Today is my day off, and i was in a coma most of the day, but it got a lot better as i finally got out walked at 1pm.

So i walked to the iron bars and trained:

Curved bar Wide grip Pullups
    3x2
    2x2

Hanging for 5 seconds before beginning each set and moving slooooow, doing reps based off of what i felt was good pain wise.

Inverted Rows very slow
    5-6x2

Incline Tricep Push ups 5x15
    Elbows out and turning it kinda into a JM Press

Manual labor work turns out to be very good for my rotational stability in hips and even moreso shoulders.... So i know i gotta train full body every day when i'm not working, although with some training being hard and some being very easy for recovery.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today i worked again, shovelin and putting down tiles for 5 hours.

Then after i got home and ate i took a walk and trained.

Stretching serratus anterior to get left shoulder back in place..... helped a ton of everything, apparently.

Curved bar Pull ups
    7-8x3

Felt much better after the slow work and the getting shoulder back.

Walking back and forth between Squats and Diamond Push ups

I might've done the triple twice, but whatever.

Bulgarian Split Squats superset Bodyweight Face Pulls 6x5

Felt good, knee got tired, the vmo area didn't. Sounds dangerous, but i'll go slow for a while.

Tonight i'll train some abs and stuff, then work again tomorrow.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

Yesterday I wrote this without posting it:

Began my day walking to the iron bars.

Inverted Rows
    2x10
    3x8

Rest time was as long as I stood in a wide stance to stretch my adductors.

About 2 hours later:

Straight arm band pull down 20 second hold with 1 arm

Then i attached the band to a door knob and did deadlift motions while holding the band in the place I would hold a barbell
    3x30sec

30sec rest between each arm.

Then I decided to put the band around my feet on the adductor stretch and deadlift it with legs straightened at all times
    Double wrapped band
    3x5

Pretty hard and feeling good alround actually.

Close grip Push ups 3x10
    Superset 5kg standing DB Press 3x12

The last set felt ****. Like bone and tendon training. Weird.

Side Raises 2x10x5kg

Yeeeeeah, time to stop.

Third session, iron bar area:

Chins 20-22 singles

I wanted 40, but bicep began to ache, and I wanna build not test.

The lat work really helps me open up few places, during chins I felt I was breathing into few vertebrates, lol.

Dips lockout hold
    3 sets

As long as i felt was good, the last set might have been failure..

3 restless supersets
    Incline tricep extensions 12reps
    Bicep bodyweight curl 8reps

20 bodyweight Face Pulls

Today my knee feels good from all the lat training.

Yesterday I worked and had a lat session. Leg training felt off so didn't do it.

Dead hangs 4 sets
    Last set a bit too long, hurt.

Chins
    20 singles

Felt better than last time.

Inverted Rows
    10 triples

This cued in my abs and lats, so I felt and moved much better.

Chins
    3x3

Then I talked to someone about my shoulder, tried one of many suggestions which was straight arm band pulls with shoulder in different positions of elevation and suppression.. The slightly front and slightly low position might actually be my real neutral position, as it made part of my lat cramp and pull my ribs into perfect position. We're talking very slight front and down here, nothing exaggerated, and the position makes me engage me trap 2 and 3 much more easily.... So maybe I've been exaggerating how far I pulled the shoulder back to have "good" posture a bit.

So i began my day doing a bunch of bodyweight goodmornings, as well as some squats and even mcgills big 3 for 3 sets of 30 seconds, but easiest variations. Although doing the side bridge against the wall and the bird dog against the kitchen counter is definitely not as exhaustive and holding all of my 110kg bodyweight on the floor, these variations made it possible for me to really stay in position and exhaust the few weakest links, which in a way made it harder on me. I'm more fresh but more tired. It's neat.

In the evening on my walk:

Inverted Rows
    2x10

As i've done scapula rotation mobility work, i've exhausted my lats and i just feel easily exhausted but also better at doing it well and explosively, in a way.... Kinda depends, i have to be very aware of the execution..

Superset 4x10 squats

Wide grip Pull ups superset Close grip Push ups where i pushed hands towards each other for 4 triples each

Not too bad but mixed feelings with all things overhead... Getting better, buuut....

Bodyweight Face Pulls 3x10

Superset Uni RDL 3x5

I felt a lot of good things going on, and i can definitely see myself spend hours of spreading total reps out to improve my execution and spend more time on my feet to burn more calories.

Tomorrow i gotta work for maybe just 4-5 hours.

Today I worked for 3 hours, which is funny cos we were only shooting for 4 and then heavy rain came pouring down all of a sudden.

The last few days I've felt half asleep half the time. Like walking outside while fighting to fall fall asleep, lol.

Tonight's session:

Inverted Row
    5x6
    5 where the last two were made far harder with tempo and pauses

Chins 4 doubles

Bodyweight Face Pulls 2x15

Then at home 2 sets of band biceps

Who'd have thought I'd feel and move a lot better, if I hold back a bit earlier. Typical meathead mentality.

I've improved my knee a lot, no pain, sometimes just discomfort. I've also begun stretching my hip joints, which helps further.

2 days ago.

Squat 3x15

Bulgarian Split Squats 3 or 4x5

2 or 3 sets of band Zercher Squats and goodmornings not counting reps and just getting some kind of a pump, no hardcore work there.

Yesterday my leg was ****ed. No pain, muscle a were just ****ed.

Today I stretched for longer, and it helped a ton. I'm learning more about how my legs work as well, so it'll be a necessary evil, I presume.

New muscles are taking over, and they will get used to it in time.

Today I just did 5 reps in inverted rows. Don't know how many sets, probably less than 10. This exercise helps a lot. Tomorrow I'll probably start doing push ups again. But not many.

Stretching my quads have brought me lots of new perceptions and also got me pooping 2-3 times per day instead of once, as well as seem more tolerant with all foods.

I also did at least 5 sets of 20 spread out from morning until lunch of band rows with only my right arm, to correct a left side over compensation.

Alright so I walked 30 minutes outside, feeling good and breathing.better towards the end. But due to all the new improvements in my body, it actually drained my and made me feel like I shouldn't do any training.

After some relaxation I trained.

Lol, you think I'm just gonna change personality so that I can stop training?

Lololol.

Red miniband to a door knob and doing deadlifts while holding the band in my side with a straight arm
    2 sets of 30 seconds

Felt great

Black miniband underhand rows 3x20

Dead hangs 2x?

Numeral scapula rotation with arm in front and to my side resisting the heavier end of the broom on the eccentrics, going sloooow
    1 set of 4 reps because why push it

Going for awareness and technique over reps and records..... Well, it fatigues the hell out of me.

I'll train lats every 2 days, legs every 4 days and shoulders every 4 days, consistently coming back stronger.

Today is my first day back to pushing my shoulders in several weeks, and as you can see me struggling to do just this with arms remaining straight at all times, you can probably imagine the problems I've dealing with while forcing myself to lift heavy despite inconsistency in performance and semi regularly being in pain.

Bent over Side Raises 3x15x5kg

Side Raises 2x15x5kg

Front Raises going high
    8x5
    6x5

This is my new favorite exercise. It was recommended to me with the sole purpose of teaching my pec to let go when it's time for my front delt to take over, and as you can see, my front delt really needs to learn to take the weight.

100 partial band pulls targeting rear delts. **** it was hard.

My right glute is way smaller than my left, and my left is much tighter than my right. Although it seems my left has grown rapidly in the past couple weeks from when I began consciously tightening up the kinda sleeping glute medius, it's no wonder I've been having full body problems with such discrepancy. I even think the glute med was doing less cos I have been focusing too hard on right glute, and rightfully so.

Today I trained legs again and it went a lot better.

After the stretching which is fairly hard on my groin, cos my groin is really tight. Groin.

Hatfield Bodyweight Squats 4x10
    The last set felt great.

Uni RDL 3x8 and a set of 7 with my right leg

Hip Airplane 2x2 superset doorstep Calf Raises 2x12

I really began to get my weak spots going, and so now I feel like I'm walking on almost normal legs again. Neat.

Today went very well. I learned new things once again, and finally am ready to train progressively harder and do 2 adays.

AM

Right after my hip stretches and also I did a peg stretch cos left is really tight and right is really small and loose.

Also tried doing 3 or 4 push ups with numeral rotations during, as a way to test what's right and wrong. I haven't done push ups in 2 or 3 weeks, so nearly everything about it felt wrong, lol.

Then 3 supersets of 5 push ups and 10 band face pulls.

Black miniband Rows 10x20

Hell yeah!

Ribs on point and better almost every set. Tightening my right pec helps a ton!

Chins 3x3 as kind of a courtesy visit to grease the overhead stability groove.

PM

4 rotations with heavier end of broom on one end, front and side arm position.

Bunch of resting squat and squats because a muscle in either my hamstring or inner thigh gets super tight super easily. And I mean, I ran errands for my investor today, because 2 people are handing over more money than his bank account allows at once, lol.

Driving my car is apparently torture for my left leg with this frustrating muscle that goes back and forth between being nearly fine and just about terrible during the day, and much much worse after driving for a little while.

Okay well here's the actual PM session:

McGills Big 3, easiest variants, 3x30sec with 30sec rest between all 9 sets

Couple minutes rest.

Then I did 30 sec between all following sets as well.

Unilateral red miniband iso hold while doing Deadlift motion
    30sec easy tension
    3x30sec harder tension

Reverse Plank 2x30sec

Hams were a bit tense while doing the plank, and during all this session I found that I tend to over arch / be too soft in oblique in my left side. Might be a habit formed to lessen my groin issue.

Everything is coming along nicely. Tomorrow I'm gonna work that pec.

Today was a vast improvement on the last time i did everything on this day's dirty, dirty laundry list.

AM:

Unweighted Raises front, side and bent over backwards. First two as high as possible
    3x15
    Last set was way too tough, not warmup-ish at all.

5kg for all remaining raises:
    Bent Side Raises 3x10

Side Raises 3x10

Front Raises as high as possible 3x5

Side Raises 3x5

Bent Side Raises 3x5

Neat way to get in more work. Roughly the same total reps as last time, but i felt able to do MUCH more.

Then i found out the reason sitting sucks, and my leg feels ****, is cos highest part of my inner hamstring is tight as hell. Stretching it helps after doing it a billion times during the day. Got me dizzy, even....

PM:

Push ups 3x10
    - slowly beginning to push again

3 Trisets:
    20 reverse grip red miniband pushdowns
    8 close grip push ups
    15, 12, 12 black miniband curls

Doing in 2 workouts what nearly everyone can do in a single workout is pretty neat, with how weird my mind and body often feels from improving all these postural issues. Next step is push closer to the limit on small parts of my training.

Today i tried the stretch that's very similar to a lateral lunge, and man it was hard on my overly tight adductor magnus and my knees. So i only did pidgeon stretch and called it a "day" as what pertains to my morning stretching routine.

Then ate breakfast and walked, where previously i'd eat first then walk and stretch.... I like todays sequence better.

Warmup

Unilateral Straight arm Pulldown 3x5

Hip Airplane hold for 3 sets of 5 seconds

Leg adduction on the floor, other leg up on a chair 2x10

Uni RDL 3x5

Superset Bulgarian Split Squat 3x3
    - I think i'll be avoiding unilateral quad work until groin and posterior chain improves, because this stuff is way too inconsistent and uncomfortable.

Workout:

Paused Hatfield Squats 6x10
    - They were also paused last time, just didn't say it.

Much better than last time, and i feel i'm really onto something. It's as if i can just do 10x10, lol. But not yet, gotta go slow and notice patterns....

Uni RDL 6x5
    - Really feeling the stretch, it's good. Left one is bit too tight, so gotta work on that as well as keeping the adductor magnus from getting too short and then of course have it coordinate properly with my right one, which seem to be weaker (as is the entire thigh).

Calf Raises on doorstep 2x20
    - really feeling my left calf engage and begin to create momentum to catch up to my right one.

Kneeling quad and hip flexor stretch 3x1minute.

Baby steps back up to a 5000 caloric maintenance level....

Today I think I did the stretching just right.

Routine was:

Reaching for toes 3 minutes

Pigeon stretch 3x1minute

The quad stretch with a lunge like stance but with back heel on the ground to improve calves as well 3x1minute

Lateral lunge type stretch 3x30seconds

Lat session went better today:

Black miniband rows
    3x30
    7 or 8x20 with more tension

Chins 3x3

Few hours later I just did the mcgills big 3. Pec minor has been hitching on and off, guess I gotta groove it tomorrow.

Today the pec was moaning so I trained a little bit differently. Then later I did the training outside cos I was pissed, AND THEN I FOUND OUT HOW TO RID MY SHOULDER PAIN, so training became a lot different.

Uni pec fly 3x15

Weightless raises 3x15, found out I have way less range of motion than I thought, now that the pec flies helped tighten me up like it need to, making pecs integrate nicely with lats.

Bent over Side Raises 3x10x5

Side Raises
    10x5
    7x5
    6x5

Front Raises
    5kg x3, 6, 5

Man strength decreases when I do better to move right and decrease pain.

Incline Push ups 2x15 superset band Face Pulls 2x15

8 push ups

Some arm rotations

PM:

So it turns out my humerus just needed to externally rotate a teeny bit more in my shoulder joint. ****ing ****, lol. All that time in pain, and maybe it was just cos of that.

Pull ups on the bent bar
    Deadhang 15 count
    Deadhang for a way too quick 15 count and 1 pullup
    10 doubles no deadhang

Damn.

Inverted Rows 6x4 stopped cos i can feel I'm tapping into new, less enduring fibers.

Incline Push ups with kind of a close grip 2x20

Incline triceps extensions 4x6-12

Bodyweight bicep curls 6x8-15

Bodyweight Face Pulls 2x10
    - see the decrease in reps but far better feel to it.

This Legend will be built in time.

Went to my friends funeral yesterday and learned that he met Arnold Schwarzenegger once. That tells me I need to work on my social curiosity.

I didn't really stretch for the past two days, felt it wasn't needed, and also I didn't have that weird "muscle pull" feeling that often follows. Or at least I think that's where it comes from.

So today I cut the time in half on 3 stretches and just kept the last one at 30 sec, but with barely any range of motion so as to just let muscles work without forcing the stretch.

Added a non timed doorway peg stretch, just feeling muscles work, treating like activation work rather than stretching. The effect was extreme.

All the changes felt great.

It was all useful enough that I didn't need to have a little break before training, and I even forgot to do unilateral warm up stuff, and frankly with 3 stretches being unilateral, I might as well not.

Paused Hatfield Bodyweight Squats 7-8x10

They went very well, but in later sets it became more of a focus on stretching my left adductor magnus. This may have been a small mistake (small as I didn't force anything).

Hip Airplane
    3x3
    4x2

Damn, effective.

Calf Raises on the door step and without holding onto anything this time
    2x20

That's 9 sets of balancing on my feet, lol. Wrecked.

Band pull with straight arms and staggered stance 2x10 to finish up tall

Being tired from all the extra lat work i did, today was a bit different. Good, but different.

Stretching was the same as yesterday, seems like no more changes are needed.

AM

Straight arm pulldown with red miniband 4x8

Cable Rows with black miniband 4x20

Face Pulls with red miniband 4x6 with sloooow reps trying to maintain the external rotation. It kinda sucked..

PM

Straight arm pull over from the side with a side bend with red miniband 3x8

I see no need to challenge my joints further today, but i may add a little bit of abs to the next couple workouts.

Today some guys threatened to shoot me!

LOL....

So i woke up and was beat as ****, lol. Yesterday i just did 3x10 push ups and called it a day, today wasn't much better with maybe the exception being in the pm.

Raises front, side and bent with arms by my side 3x10

Using correct tension made it hard as ****. I really tapped into that beat up spot where 2 ribs attach and stretched out the muscle, getting me dizzy easily..

Pushups with red slingshot 3x8

Then took it off cos it's a pain in my ass to wear it... It's hard and useful though, as it engages weaker spots in my sides, shoulders and back.

8 push ups and 20 weightless bent over side raises.

PM

Walked to the outside area with bars..

Deadhangs 3 sets not too long, hit the right spot and so was much harder than usually

Dips 4x15count holds

Then some brown ****s came driving by slowly, the one on the passenger seat pointing a finger gun at me saying "bang," i did the same to him, then he kept doing it and the one behind the wheel yelled "we'll shoot you!"

You'll notice i say "one" in place of "man" cos i said "do it" and they kept driving.

Pussy kids with schitzophrenic gang member cousins, lol. And yeah, i'm hinting at some people around these parts.... Only people don't do weird **** like what i saw today, cos it's a small town, meaning people know and respect each other, and we know that fights are severe because people know each other.. There are no street brawls here, it's deep and personal 9 times out of 10.... Except when a schitzophrenic **** had his lackey stab a man through his arm in broad daylight over 200 bucks that wasn't even owed by him. But it's mostly not stupid **** like this that happens, because most people know better.

Chins 2x4

Then i bought some groceries.

Then i trained again.

Lol.

Wide grip Incline Push ups 2x20

Incline tricep extensions superset close grip incline push ups 3x6 +6
    - Digging more into the triceps, i found the extensions much harder today, and much easier on my shoulders.

Underhand grip Inverted Rows 3x6
    - They felt ****ing awesome today.

Bodyweight Bicep Curls 3x12

12 Bodyweight Face Pulls

Walked home with groceries, chilled half an hour....

Reverse grip Band Pushdowns 3x10-25 lol tired
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 05-26-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Today i slept very late and felt kinda ****. Then forced a glass of water with a gram of pink salt in it down my throat and immediately freshened up.

Then i had an apple and my stomach felt poisoned.

****ing ibs..

But hey, i've farted a ton and today i woke up 1kg lighter.. So in following days we'll see if it's got to do with salt deficiency or also the "gas leak" and extra bowel movements..

Paused Hatfield bodyweight Squat 7-8x10
    - Lost count again.
    - Much better body awareness, will probably repeat a few times and then progress rapidly.

Unilateral RDL 7x5
    - Hard stretch on left hamstring, and leg shaked a bit on last 2 sets.
    - Felt some tension in my bad spot but not in a bad way. I'm walking very well from it, it seems.

Doorstep Calf Raises with no support 3x20
    - ****ing tough, no fast movements, all controlled.

This was pretty rough and took only about 35 minutes, maybe up to 40.

Today was a good day. Subscap is a bit beat but in a way that felt in my control. Awareness is up, everything improves.

Straight arm pulldown hold
    10sec

Black miniband Rows 4x20

Damn good contraction. I can do lat spread easily now. Things are coming back together, 180kg bent rows in the not so far future..

Skipped the rest to ensure longevity with the inflammation and frankly the sets being harder now that I'm doing it with better technique.

It'll get much easier shortly.

PM

McGills Big 3, easy variants, 3x30sec with 30sec rest.

Took 12 minutes and was easier than ever.

I'm coming a long way.

Today was pretty good, though i'm still not doing many reps for chest and shoulders. It'll come as finding and maintaining perfect humerus position improves.

Weightless arm raises front, side, w for 3x10 which was much better and veeeeery hard to maintain high rom

Close grip Incline Push ups 2x20

Close grip Push ups 4x5

Front, side, rear delt Raises 2x8x5kg

Face Pulls 2x10
    - Using a much easier path with shorter rom
    - This felt great and made my tight serratus loosen immediately

PM

Reverse grip Pushdowns with red miniband 8x20

Then walked to the grocery store and bought some stuff.

Then walked across the street and trained.

15 count Deadhang

Pull ups
    3x4

Incline tricep Extensions
    3x4
    8x6

Bodyweight Bicep Curls
    4x10
    3 with the inverted row height, much harder
    10 with normal height
    4x10 with bit wider grip, much more comfy on shoulders

Bodyweight Face Pulls 2-3x8 just greasin'

Off day tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Two days ago I went on a date who knows a few things about massage and found out that a nerve in my knee was out of place, then put it back in.

So I took an extra rest day and today's leg session went very well. The knee is still sore, but not too sore, so I went ahead and trained.

She also found that it wasn't just part of my serratus anterior that locked up my ribs.. No that whole damn side was too tight, and touching the bottom lightly helps a ton.

Haven't stretched for 3 days and I feel better, lol. That's finding the root issues for you.

Paused bodyweight Hatfield Squats 5x10

Hip Airplane 4x2

Doorway Calf Raises no support 2x20

Core twists with red band 2x10

Stretching my left serratus/lat really helps. I did it a bit yesterday and this morning, and i'm feeling a world of difference. I felt way different after even the first time.

AM

Straight arm Pulldown 2x20sec hold

Black miniband Rows 5x20

Chins 10 doubles

PM

McGill's big 3 for just 2x30sec today, rest 30sec as always
    - Being more in tune with the lat being my limitation factor, even just 2 sets were hard without tightening it up.
    - The last set of birddog had my shoulder glide back in better place.

Close grip push up position, raise one hand off the floor and back, then the other 2x3

Superset same position but doing it with legs 2x3
    - Balancing my body with one arm was impossible. Torso stability is way off.

Straight arm Pulldown from the side with side bend 3x10

Reverse Plank 2x30sec with 30sec rest

That's 13 sets in about 20 minutes. Not too shabby just stopping sets while i'm ahead to help the lat keep up, working my lats and obliques from different angles to promote rehab.

I'm gonna try the old foam roller now, see how it helps.... Cos the girl just touching my ribs hurt like hell as it appeared half of my ribs had "just the right spot" on them, hahaha. Oh **** it was painful.

So I've taken extra rest time, 3 days ago I put down tiles, didn't feel it the day after, and yesterday I drove for an hour to shoot a bow and fight with swords, though mostly plastic.

The past couple days I've been feeling pretty good, but very sore in my right side upper back from the muscles tightening up and holding my arm in place in the joint. Training less and stretching the lat definitely helps.

Knee has been feeling a lot better too.

So today I trained less, with emphasis on maintaining the progression:

Staggered feet band pull to the side 3x10
    - great for stretching serratus and cuing cirrect shoulder positions.

Hatfield Paused Bodyweight Squat 3x10

Hip Airplane 3x2

Unilateral RDL 3x5

20 bodyweight squats

Yeah, it's definitely a matter of stretching the lat and hamstring, as well as really engaging hams to the point of perceived absurdity during squats.

My gym is free to open starting today, but what do the pussies do, keep it closed due to not yet knowing which guidelines they're supposed to follow..... NOBODY KNOWS AND YET EVERYBODY ARE ALLOWED TO OPEN FOR **** SAKE.

Simple bodyweight squats make my knee tense days after, but it helps me maintain proper footing.

Finding the rotational weaknesses in my arms and shoulders cause for more effective rehab but much lower work capacity.

One arm iso straight arm pullover while rotating arm in and out
    3x1x10sec
    - More band tension each set.

Band Rows aiming for the arm position that gets the most tension in the right places
    2x20
    - More band tension each set.

Left lat feels a lot better now.

I didn't know until now that my gym opened 2 days ago, I'll go do the big 3 tonight.

Didn't get to the gym as promised, but today i went....

Began the day feeling ****, had to run gravel in a wheelbarrow with my dad while my brother made pole holes for the new fence.... Some water with salt and relaxation post work helped, though..

After work i did a few power cleans and RDL's with a big long curb rock or whatyacallit. Was fun, the left lower hamstring is definitely short due to weakness.

In the evening i trained:

Uni RDL 3x3

Bodyweight Squat 3x10

Paused Squat
    10x20
    3x5x40

Definitely not used to weight AT ALL....

Bench Press
    7x5x20
    5x5x40

Deadlift 3x5x70

Uni Leg Curls
    10x5
    10x10
    - Much easier for my right leg..

MAG grip Face Pulls 3x10x10

I'm feeling it in whole new ways in many more places than i was even considering to pay attention before i really began working on my injuries.... Good stuff.

Second time back in the gym. It was great because my weak hamstring got hit hard.

Warm up:

1-2 minutes foam rolling my serratus.
    Brief deadhang
    Leg Curls 20x10 - this was a bit hard lol
    Uni RDL 1x5
    Cable Rows 10x40

Workout:

Box Squats
    10xbodyweight - felt great!
    3x10x20 - felt much different but improved each set
    3x3x40
    5x40 without the box - felt much better than usual!

Knee got some adaptation to do, lol........

Bent over Rows
    20x40
    20x70
    15+5x70

Wasn't sure if I was about to get a cramp in my right lat lol. Damn.

Snatch grip Shrugs
    20x20
    2x20x40

Gave my serratus hell and improved my injuries.

Leg Curls
    15x20 yeah no

A tendon felt off lol. Goes to show I'm using my hamstrings more than ever now!

I'm beginning to step up my extra training, as I'm improving posture and awareness of my limits.

Last night:

Band twist 2x10 bit slowly and breathing deep

10 uni rdl

6 face pulls, they really got to my ribs.

Today am:

Face Pulls 2x10
    - Much better now

Walking to buy a Pepsi max and have some fun with the iron bars.

Inverted Rows
    3x5
    3 quarter reps with slower eccentric to practice keeping shoulders back at the top

Chins 3 doubles
    - Plenty control to keep shoulders back, no half measures anymore.

Incline Tricep bodyweight Extensions 3x5

Bodyweight Bicep Curls 3x7

Probably gonna do band triceps and push ups tonight, in small dose.

Man the sun makes me dizzy.... Pain in my toe doesn't help much either... Anyway:

Last night:

2 rounds:

20 reverse grip band pushdowns
    3 slow push ups
    1 sloooow uni RDL with multiple pauses going down to end range

There may have been 10 face pulls in the mix as well. Or afterwards. I don't remember.

Standing DB Press 4x6x5kg
    - Got an amazing upper back tightness this time. Gonna hold onto that.

Woke up sweaty and dehydrated, ****ing sun.

After breakfast I did 2 sets of dead hang to help things back in place, its as if training hard and getting roasted creates tension.. Then took my half hour walk and things really sorted themselves out.

Stone session AM:

10 slooow face pulls.

15 oblique twists

10 second isometric hip airplane

Small stone:
    5 slow RDL and walk 20-25 steps.

Rest and repeat walking back.

More normal size rock for 2 sets of walking around 55 steps away and 55 steps back

Good work

Then I grabbed the curb rock that's about as long as my arm and very thick.

Did 5 sloooow RDL's threw the rock on the ground in front of me, it hit the ground with the edge and rolled back on my left big toe.

Foot pressure hurt, taking away focus so I decided not to train anymore. After a couple minutes I really felt the dun and combined with the pain it made me dizzy.....

It might be a blessing in disguise, though. Rocks can break bones and I'm okay. Training every day can cause pain relapse, and stopping my session at that point, after just few sets of different exercises, I'm okay.

Tonight is stretching and active recovery, nothing worth logging.

Tomorrow is bench day, the toe better be prepared to walk to the gym and back.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 06-17-2020 at 05:12 AM.

So yesterday I walked 4,8km to the gym and couldn't get in then walked back home.... Waste of knee fatigue but guess it was healthy in that short term..

Today I got a ride to the gym (they have staff today), and found my card was deactivated for no apparent reason. The system had been taking and returning money to my membership account and put me in a deficit lol....

We got it solved fast, though. So all is good.

Did a fair amount of warm up and EVERYTHING I did today was with slow tempo.

Back Raises 3x5
    - Hard, knee got tense. I really gotta work my ham engagement.

3 supersets of Bent bar Face Pulls 10x10kg and 5 serratus push ups
    - This had me shake. Serratus definitely need work.

Close grip MAG Cable Rows
    3x10x40
    2x15x20
    - The last set got my right lat engaged.

Bench Press 4x10x20
    - Went well but my serratus fatigued rapidly.

Incline DB Bench Press 4x5x6
    - Serratus wasn't very helpful when locking out elbows.. Hard thing to do, and exhaustive, apparently..

Side Raises 3x10x1kg
    - Got my traps sore lol.

MAG Pull down Rows 3x10x20
    - Got my left rear delt and part serratus sore as hell.

Bent bar Pushdowns 3x12x10
    - Serratus again....

Barbell Curls 4x6x20
    - Easier on serratus actually.. STILL SUCKS THOUGH

Man the newbie gains I'm about to make.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast