Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I rolled my quads a lot yesterday specially outer quad and after some more walking I felt much better than usual. I think I've neglected that and also I've come so far, movement and tension actually helps break up a lot of the stiffness. Rolled my outer pecs at the attachment point and holy moly..

3 sets of deadhangs with straight arms now that the pecs arent as tight. Helped tons. 15counts.

Ran 6 laps took a bit longer but better awareness and honestly yesterday I thought I wouldn't at all be ready today but then slept like a baby and felt ready.

Went home played phone game to chill but not for long.

Situps
    15 reps
    Like a minute rest or less
    8 reps and about 30 total short leg raises (I think they're called flutter kicks but longer and more controlled)

30 band goodmornings

Definitely a matter of light to medium intense movement for loosening muscles and breaking up knots.

I have absolutely no use of rolling now. Will do it later after chilling as a means to break up less active hours and prevent falling backwards.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOMSPOWER is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's incredible how well I'm recovering now and feeling better everywhere but strength didn't come back in time.

Sled pulls 4sets only 15kg this time and seems more useful since it's the first thing I do to warm up

Squat
    10xbar
    5x40kg
    2x60
    1x80
    1x100 much better position in the bottom though

Reverse grip Pulldowns
    2x10x50lbs
    10x110
    10x150
    7+2-3 partials or something like that x210 PR

Didn't feel good lat tightness at all today until after the 150.. slight lack of internal rotation. Proved it on hanging knee raises standing the other way so my arms were rotated inwards and worked on it with 1kg dumbbells on the floor (external as well).

Basically, I do well with a lot of light stuff, specially few repeated things every day and runs inbetween, but actually pushing weight and going hard has to be minimal workload.
    Go to my log and share something brutal i might wanna try: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177638011&p=1589549301#post1589549301

Today I did some hill sprints. Harder but I think safer although I did only 4 runs this time.

Then 3x10 count deadhang where I really dug into my lats.
    The left one is apparently not well connected. So now I'm working on that.

Then did some easy band rows but nope my lats are really tired from the pulldowns and deadhangs.

Went to different gym and walked a lot beforehand.

4-5 hours of sleep but feeling awake.

Sled pulls 3 sets 15kg went better than ever.

Squat
    10xbar
    6x40kg
    15x60

On 40kg my mid lower quad felt stiff and so I got angry and went quit whining you little bitch and went to 10kg more than last time while doing the same reps.

I can apparently do that now.

Bent over Rows
    15x60
    10x90
    15x120 close to PR maybe

Bad girl machine
    15x20kg
    15x40
    15x60
    15x70 very hard

Neutral grip reverse fly
    15x15kg
    2x15x25 fast reps fighting to uphold elbow position

Am feeling very good tonight. Constant adaptation.

Yesterday I saw some short videos by SquatU about lateral posterior rotator muscles and tried an exercise for it... Hit home. Then tried weightless benching on the floor and standing back against the wall with miniband around my wrists and it was EXHAUSTING.

Tried also band above ankles for two squat reps and it changed EVERYTHING.

Then ran only three laps from a mixture of systemic fatigue and improved kinetics made me run slower and feel all kinds of things in my shins.

Now I know that the weird feeling in my side delt area that kept me from doing side raises hard and the pain there that made it hard the first time I tried a slingshot is actually a rotator cuff weakness which is hard to solve with just regular external rotations. Gotta relax rhomboids for that and add the element to presses and who knows what other ****.

Definitely have not recovered as fast as I thought.

Other gym, alternate and I'll say superior warmup protocol.

3x10 back raises superset 3x20 floor rear delt raises with brief hold

Side bridge from knee instead of foot followed by a kneeling quad stretch

Squat
    3x3xbar long paused
    3x3x40
    5x2x60 to practice keeping weight on my right leg

Rack pulls
    10xbar
    5x60
    3x80
    2x110
    1x140 super hard

And here my right leg took over, left leg dead and frail.

Yesterday I ate tons of pastries and relaxed almost all day, so today I was super energetic and up early for once.

Then are healthy and went from better than usual looking to semi pregnant belly sticking out.

LOOOL.

Did those banded rotator cuff exercises and squats then couple hours later ran 2-3 laps when a friend texted me and asked how much pay I want to drive him a long distance.

So I went home and waited while he figured out times etc.

Did McGill's big three to help close the open scissor in my rib ab area as well as push out obliques and integrate it all with my glutes and hams.

Modified curl up is vastly underrated, at least for me.

Regressed side bridge like I did for warmups last workout.

Bird dog usual and burnt..
    Then placed my hands closer to my hips and it felt better.
    Then closer again and very little burn but front delt lit up and arms were shaking.. so will have to try a few days and see if a regressed version is necessary or if I can adapt quickly.

3 sets of 1 rep for a 10 count hold on every exercise.

Extremely useful for those lacking rotator cuffs actually. Specially the side bridge where it feels like I'm forward when I keep my top shoulder right above my bottom shoulder.

Yesterday I walked for three hours total.
    Walking is about the only thing that can mold my legs instead of just fatigue them and make them hurt.. or so I thought until I did tempo training today.

Warmup aside from my morning routine of some full ROM external rotations (elbow up hand starting way down), trap 3 exercise where I lie on my stomach and do a shoulder press motion and 3 count hold each rep and finish off with modified curl up.

15kg sled pull 30m with one exercise following each set

Side bridge from knee not foot.
    Bodyweight squat.
    10 count hold on both.

Barbell squats with miniband around ankles
    1xbar 10 count pause
    5xbar
    2x5x40 and quad felt hit wrong again ..

Every little bracing error went straight into the leg.

Then I did 3-4 sec both ways for the remainder of exercises.

Reverse grip Pulldowns
    10x50lbs
    10x90
    9,5x130

Super hard now that rotator work has finally made little bits engage and do their part plus the slow tempo really killed them. Usually they'd get ready just before my topset.

Machine dips as high up as possible to build cuffs back up to bodyweight full range dips
    3x10x30lbs

Really had to force the stretch on my left lat or else my pec would tighten again.

Reverse pec deck 4x6x15lbs
    Turns out that top lat/whatever has been blocking shoulder retraction. This exercise helped a lot with engaging and softening it.

Leg extension
    1 set of 10x15lbs

Quad was shaking.... No wonder knee knee keeps bitching!!

Once again 6 days between two squat sessions paid off nicely. Am gonna do technique weights and upper body on the repetition day from now on.

Warm up changed cos I'm in the different gym and couldn't see the sled but a big chunk of area was covered with unpacked boxes and equipment.

Elbow and shoulder against the wall, rotate hand away from the wall as much as possible and hold for a 30 count.
    3 sets.

Superset with 2x7 count one legged glute bridge hold which was bit much for the tendon.

And 1x3 reps split squat which engaged the quads nicely.

Paused Squat
    5xbodyweight
    5xbar
    No pause
    5x50
    2x70
    1x90 went surprisingly well
    1x110 probably not to depth but knee felt very safe and strong for a change

Rack Pulls below the knee and bit deeper than usual
    6x50
    3x100
    1x140

Much better than usual, came up easy and braced better some places. No need to push it when I pushed the brace and had both exercises go well for once.

Leg curls first time since forever.. seated
    10x20kg
    10x30

Pretty therapeutic actually.

Leg extensions same brand machine
    Same weights same 1-2 sec hold at the top
    Significantly harder.

3x15 weightless seated calf raises, felt like the calves needed blood flow and relaxation so didn't put weight on.

Today's workout was ****ing baller. I've really found out how to fix my shoulders and knee, so I ended up training for two hours just doing one exercise after the other that made me feel and move better.

Warmup
    One set of that wall rotator exercise

2 supersets Halo with my water bottle and 10 count glute bridge hold

1 rep hip airplane.
    I've been doing unilateral Romanian deadlifts with bodyweight several times a day for the past few days and now do the airplane a little bit.

5 bodyweight squats

Halo again

Couple squats using my phone camera as a mirror, long paused. Correcting things.

Then an exercise I tried yesterday, which made a HUGE difference.. band around my shoulder pulling it back. I pushed shoulder forward, inward like a fly and reached out in front of me with shoulder coming forward and a bit of pronation. Then used the band to pull my shoulder forward and I pulled it back against it. Each of those four movements were done for 30 sec each. One round per shoulder. Improves a lot plus reveals and fatigues a lot of weakness around my collar bones.

I think that's how my warmup went today. Something like that.

Barbell Squats
    10xbar
    10x40

Didn't even have to start at fives or threes. Was already ready.

Then no more since I'm doing it for technique and wanting to allow more recovery between heavy squats and rack pulls.

Bent over Rows reverse grip
    15xbar
    10x60
    10x90
    Straps
    12x105 - not a lot of cheat and upright like last time.. need whole upper back involved currently

Cos I had much more little shoulder muscles engaged and better awareness, I was both much stronger and needed more to play it safe this time.

Pulldowns with pretty wide MAG grip and 3-4 sec down and up
    10x20
    2x10x40 had me shaking

External rotation where elbow is on the knee 3x12x2kg no rest between sets

One arm at a time dumbbell bench press 3-4 sec down and up
    3x10x8kg
    Then incline and 3kg for 2x10

Damn those exercises hit me like a ton of bricks!
    Really improved my shoulder positions and overall tightness!

Neutral grip reverse fly machine 3-4sec up and down
    2x10x15

Then arms and this looks like a lot but it was fluid and didn't really take long.

Unilateral everything
    Cross body kinda pushdown 2x10 and 1x8 with 25kg

3 restless sets of 12, 8 and 7 cable curls head height curling to opposite side of my face

Wrist curls in that arm wrestling kinda position with the cables
    30x25
    15x40

Reverse wrist curls with hand right out in front of me
    20x10
    15x I don't know maybe 25
    Pretty sure I did three sets on this one.

Then charged my phone a bit.. thought I saw someone who ran for a months rent plus some other stuff after I let him live with me years ago.. walked back in and it wasn't him.. tried Halo with a wide 5kg plate and it was easy due to the diameter, so I did 15 reps each way.

Doing lots of rehab work like Halo and Unilateral RDL every day as well as 3 hours walking total per day and all the extra stuff last workout, I'm moving and feeling a lot better but some smaller tissues were sore lots of places in the morning. Also couldn't get much of an adrenaline dump and lower quad is a bit tight- however I'm still stronger.

Warmup
    3 supersets
    15x1kg bent over side raises
    10 count glute bridge hold
    Left glute is apparently weak. Explains the tired lower quad and some uneven leg use on deadlifts in particular. Flexing hard helped tons but didn't realize until top weights on deads.

Paused Squat with band around ankles
    5xbodyweight
    5xbar
    3x40kg
    Regular Squats
    3x60
    1x90
    1x110 kinda easy this time

Rack Pulls
    10xbar
    8x60
    4x100
    Straps
    1x130
    1x150

Last time I went straight from 100 to 140. This time I did 130 first then 150. So in average I only did 140, exactly same as last time.

3-4sec each way and 1-2 sec holds:

Leg Extensions 2x10x15lbs

Seated Leg Curls 3x10x25lbs
    Really got the inner hams this time... Deep in that weak spot near the tendon.

Seated Calf Raises 1x10x0

Much better positioning and use of my legs today.

Man these last few days have been wild.

Seeing as left hip had gotten very lazy during three hours daily.walking, I began walking less but doing one legged hip RDL multiple times a day as I felt useful. And eventually got my balance back to being able to do one poor hip airplane.

Doing both of these for several days plus two days of doing bodyweight deadlift motion and good morning front left and right for getting a solid glute stretch (and doing squats more like a good morning which cleared up some form and pain issues there as well)....

.... My tail bone cracked, popped and moved yesterday.

Leading to more stable hips, more engaged glutes, better placed ribs and more relaxed muscles in the torso.

As well as walking like an old man and getting winded after 5 minutes LOOOL.
    But that's improved somewhat during later half of today.

Also then with everything being better i tried 100 floor presses and lo and behold my shoulder girdle was much more involved. Thanks to that one armed slow presses over a week ago as well.

So I did two push ups.

Then three.

Then against kitchen table I did 4-5 sets of 8.

My knee and shoulders are much better now.

Starting work on Monday, gonna stand and do nothing or examine candy by hand to throw out bad pieces most of the time. Yeah by hand without gloves and no one cares about washing them, nose picking, floor touching, ass scratching etc.... That's what you're eating.

I will be doing push ups against the safety rails every day there for health, upping as I get in better shape and benching heavy weights when I begin to be able to really push myself with push ups at work.

Maybe tomorrow or the next day I will squat, deadlift and goodmornings.... But for health not strength.

It seems training for tiny muscle conditioning and going for health on the heavier exercises will be the way to go for me.

Done right, this will make it so my work actually makes me healthier this time.

Turns out my collar bone instability is tied to my pecs not really wanting to flex the right way and stretch properly in training. So I worked on that and then moved onto working my hips and knee.

Dip machine
    50x30lbs
    15x70
    8x90
    See how much it improved. But up the weight, down the technique..

Each set followed by 15 band shrugs where I put my head down like Louie Simmons says. He was right. The trap 2 engagement was insane and even trap 3 got in the game good. I always thought that was bad form but it's much better.

Reverse machine flys 3x15x14kg

10 count paused Squat
    3x1xbar damn good hip engagement
    Single with 60kg which was a bit too much

Squat
    2-3x1x80kg
    Last single shifted tension away from my inner knee onto outer leg so I stopped while it was hot.

Deadlift with vertical shins in the bottom and 4count up and down
    5x60kg
    Straps
    4-5x80
    4x80
    5x80

This is UNREAL.... So much engagement in the hip and hamstring that I don't normally get. Can always do 4 plates for a single or reps but 5reps like this would have been too hard with 2.

Good morning forward, left and right.. that's 3 reps. I did 100 in one set with an empty bar!

Aaaand that had me kneel after a few minutes.

Then to the floor.

Then 20 leg raises since I was just gonna keep lying there.

Sweating all over. This exhaustion was nice for a change.

Being on my feet all day was far more endurable than it used to be. Some incline push ups here and there went well, even a few bench dips when no one saw.

The cafeteria offer meals to take home as well. Bought three chili con carne. Whatever was on the menu for lunch is available.

Home workout was brief for health:

Band curls to face 15 reps
    Superset band tricep to me sides 12reps (not hard on my upper back anymore)
    3 supersets

One superset reverse and regular wrist curls with the band, not counting reps and doing long holds on some reps.

Felt it more in my tendons today. So that has to become a focus point for health.

Today went very well. I learned some new stuff at work with emphasis on being able to do it all by myself shortly and then half hour after work I got a text that I'm fired for not doing as I'm told, which couldn't be farther from the truth as I've done it immediately and enthusiastically every single time anyone asked me to do anything.

I was at the gym at this time to flush and condition my hams and glutes for upcoming squat workout.

Underhand grip Pulldowns 3-4 sec down and up
    10x50lbs
    10x90
    10x110
    8x130

Squat stance Goodmornings
    3x8xbar
    3x5x40
    5x60
    5x80

Hips had a hard time staying in place, so I really need to practice.

Staggered feet goodmornings alternating foot forward each set
    4x12x40
    Very good exercise.

Low back machine which is much like an incline good morning
    100x90lbs I think it was
    Had my knee shaking from the ham stretch

Dip machine
    2x15x70lbs most reps near full ROM, some were full
    50x30lbs all full

Hanging knee raises with a not so good handle 3x3
    Short rest.

Other than all the nonsense, it's amazing I can stand on my feet all day and not have knee pain now. My hamstrings and glutes are very good at maintaining their tension.
    Last edited by DOMSPOWER; 06-28-2023 at 10:26 AM.

No work no problem, this morning I did 5x10 2/3 or more ROM incline push ups.

Pec started tightening but 20 minutes later loosened almost completely and turns out the bicep is very stiff.

Weakness in both places. Hand rotations in and out against the table surface and ultra light bicep curls help a lot.

Then some one legged RDL and hip airplane like always. Much tighter hamstring after yesterday but not so hard to balance out with the stretch and contraction.

I actually feel pretty good everywhere now.

Today my shoulders and lats were achy as hell but I found myself in a park with some exercise machines.

Lat pulldown pretty short ROM where I sat on a seat and pulled the handle down so my seat came up
    6x12

Superset dips less than half reps but more than lockouts 3x3

Then superset some arched thing that I could lie on and do situps starting from nice comfy arch and ending in neutral spine sitting up 3x12

Helped a lot with integrating pecs and lats to remove all the soreness and get my weak and tired psoas going. Helped a ton with today's posture, feel and mental energy after being tired from the three days work on my feet and daily push ups.

Woke up early once again. Not a full night's sleep this week due to warmer temperature.

So I trained earlier and was done when I'd usually leave for the early gym session.

Band rows 5x50reps
    Elbows never came behind torso, that helps a lot with using pecs properly and integrating them with the lats.

Floor presses
    100xempty hands
    2x50x2kg dumbbells

25 incline presses leaning back against the wall but had to use very small ROM to avoid ACJ pain.. dips can load that joint up a bit but incline barely can.

Then had a break and some useless screen time.

Park area arm exercises.. alternated them with low rest but not supersets.

Bodyweight bicep curls 3x9-15

Bodyweight incline tricep extensions 3x20-25

Now I have more energy cos I did light training which altered my brain chemistry.

Team Lilliebridge meets Louie Simmons meets Mike Mentzer.

This Monday was Squats after warming up with band shrugs, goodmornings and cable crunches
    3x40 paused
    3x60
    2x80
    1x100
    1x112,5

Still bothers my knee a bit at about parallel and below. All lifts around parallel. Other exercises feel completely fine and makes my knee better.

Goodmornings front, left and right 100 reps empty bar.

30 lying leg raises

My neck has been bothering me again lately and this time it's not just sleeping wrong or too much volume. It's clearly some weakness.

So I used my neck harness with just 2,5kg and it got me pretty good although it was just 1 minute of moving around however I felt like with the weight hanging in front of me and then a minute with the weight behind me.

There are men who do the same with 90 ****ing kilos.

Ny ribs are trashed and lats worn out from goodmornings, so I think I'm on the right track.

Didn't get to do my morning health exercises but in the gym I started with bunch of partial band pull aparts from all kinds of starting positions from above head to belly and a weightless set of 100 floor presses.

Lats 3-4sec down and up:

Underhand Pulldowns
    2x10x40lbs
    8x80
    8x120

Chest supported neutral grip Row machine
    10x30lbs
    10x50

Neutral grip dumbbell bench press
    4x15x5kg
    20x5

Dip Machine
    15x30lbs
    3x12x60
    Hold at the top and feel the collar bone stretch and crack. Makes a big difference.

3-4sec up down dumbbell curls
    15x5kg
    14x7

No wonder I have little spots of tightness in biceps and feel it in my elbows a lot... Slow down eliminate all momentum and I'm weak as hell and tighten up with 7kg.

Unilateral wrist curls on another heavier pulldown machine
    20x25lbs
    14x40

Turns out my lower lats are under engaged, and since I found out I've been in a coma for a day and a half.

So today I worked on that and as you can see, it makes a big difference.

Warmup: band shrugs, different ab moves on the pulldown machine and close stance goodmornings.

Workout:

Squat stance Goodmornings deep as possible to get the lower lats among posterior chain
    2x5xbar
    2 or 3x5x40kg

Staggered feet close stance
    1 set left one set right
    10x40kg hard as hell on my good leg now!

Reverse fly to practice good position 2x10x14lbs or kgs or whatever going bit slow.

Neck same as last time.

Alternated leg raise while hovering above ground with the non used leg 16 total reps.

Ok so the latter part of all week I've worked on engaging my lower lat, practicing to get past halfway down on bodyweight squats now that the lat is finally working better which changes everything and makes depth and issue, and getting some movement and blood into my hip flexors.

All that sparked a Saturday night GPP workout to help me kill Deadlifts on Monday.

Alternate leg raises 6x10 each leg

Some squat practice.. I think I got close to parallel before my lats quit on me.

Isometric straight arm pulldown hold in deadlift position at knee level
    10 count

Band shrugs
    10reps

The lat really improved and stiffness went away from my ribs plus holds at the top were easier.

5 unilateral RDL.

3 hip airplane.

Usually just do 1-3 reps and 1 rep morning and evening due to balance. Much easier now.

Although some bs had me train two hours late, it turned into the most productive and good feeling session in ages.

Band Shrugs 3x20 for warmup but two days ago that was hard.

Squat with however long pause I felt like to really coil up my back muscles
    3x1xbar and I actually came below parallel pretty easy with this tiny weight
    4-5x1x40kg

Deadlift
    4-5x2x70kg

Tightening my lat from back to front felt super weird here. Then I finally got it and stopped.

Turns out they removed the GHD machine now for **** sake!!

Incline lower back machine cos goodmornings feel unnecessary and hard on top of all this practice.
    ?x90lbs
    15x135
    2x15x180
    Leg shaking and all types of new muscles getting sore since I'm doing it differently on this exercise than all others.

Cable Crunches
    15x45lbs
    15x75
    10+5x100 (full stack on this new rack....)
    Rope slipped to stack fell down on the 10th rep.

Practicing my back tightness makes it very easy to get my needs met. The lower back machine got the back muscles good and in a way that also tuned my front. Then the cable crunches had me tighten hard in the front and finish the job.

Maybe I'll repeat this on Friday.

Had some stuff to go and do so that I'm set up to make loads of money the coming 3-12 months, so didn't train until 8pm.

Also heard Louie Simmons today talk about box squat being primarily used to teach leg drive, and that got me to connect the dots on how squatting bodyweight on my parents couch is usually very comfortable for my knee.

And yesterday I read about the transverse abdominis muscle. I already know about it from Dr. Stuart McGill who made the whole world aware of it's importance, but I forgot that it's a big sling around the torso and not worked so much on regular ab exercises. So I've done loads of planks cos clearly I need it- I'm sore all over and my shoulders are much healthier for it.

Warmup just 4 sets plank however long I felt on a bench

Reverse grip Pulldowns 3-4 sec down and up
    2x10x50lbs
    Isometric hold at weak point
    15 count x90lbs
    15x130
    15x170
    10x245 too heavy

It was hard to do it properly cos as I neared halfway down a part of my left lat is tight and weak so posture changes. Isometrics are extremely effective for this, I pretty much feel swollen around my pecs and arm pits still.

Close MAG grip Cable rows with a forward lean 3-4 sec down and up
    8x70lbs or was it two sets
    Normal tempo and at most elbow close to line of my torso
    15x70
    12 or was it 15x100
    8x100
    Hit the weak spot much better this way. Elbow in front or behind torso, the lat wants to pull toward torso, elbow reaching and passing torso the lat goes wtf stay come back. My exact weak spot has a hard time with this.

Dumbbell bench were this time I didn't have to use neutral grip for avoiding clavicle pain
    2x15x5kg
    3x15x7

Dip Machine with clavicle cracking on every set of 60lbs!
    20x30lbs
    3x12x60

1-2 sets of isometric reverse fly, bicep curls, easy floor neck exercise and reverse wrist curls. Hip stuff when I get home.

The last few days I've done lunge like stretches, movements and leg lifts for my hips. Inner thighs are apparently very problematic. Also found a "yes no" exercise for my neck which helps a TON. And so I didn't train yesterday, the **** was hard as hell and I was beat up all kinds of ways from it.. then today i felt very fresh and decided to go try out using box squat for leg drive instead of just hamstrings.

Also made a change that while I work my mobility and sore spots, I only train for recovery not strength unless a muscle or joint necessitates a little bit of it like the dip machine that only gets my clavicle back in place with a little bit of weight.

Warmup was the whole adductor routine.... Ending with a short Copenhagen drill actually.

5 supersets no rest
    25x60lbs lower back good morning alike machine
    20 weightless ab rollers

3 trisets using the last exercise as rest time
    Less than half rep box squat 10xbar
    20 count plank on that box
    Yesno for however long I wanted to

Regular high box squat
    5xbar
    3x40
    Parallel or tiny bit below
    2x3x40
    Step on 2" or so iron plate
    3x40
    Add a 2" iron plate.. dangerous. Use rubber under iron and always feet on iron or it slides unless you can push them against the rack
    3x3x40

Didn't think I'd be able to do the last height without having knees come forward but my knees were able to just bend and somehow the legs helped me remain upright!!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Going deeper bit by bit should be tried by everyone!!!!

Goodmornings 3x15xbar

Reverse grip pushdown no rest
    20x25lbs
    20x40
    12x60
    Severely underrated exercise.... Also I found out with the mobility stuff my left forward is very weak. These pushdowns hit the weakest part.

My hips have improved a lot and so has my shoulders from doing half circles with the band pulling back and forward on my arm.

Changed exercise to exercise with no rest between the supersets and trisets.... Revealed tightness and weakness in the left lat plus better control of the other shoulder, so dips are more risky now until the clavicle adapts.

5 supersets
    Lower back good morning like machine 25x75lbs
    Ab roller 20x0

3 trisets
    Incline chest supported dumbbell rows 20x12kg only wtf
    3 thoracic glute bridges
    Some yesnos

3 supersets
    Wide but not very wide grip Pulldowns 15x50lbs
    Dip machine 20x30lbs, 8x60, 15x30

Then one of the biggest guys in my gym showed me an external rotation lookalike exercise that is really a scapula movement. Standing still, rotate out by moving the scapula and engage a lot in the upper back. 12kg was too heavy, so was 8.... Did maybe 5 practice sets with 6kg. Very hard to do and hits super hard when I got it right. Easy when done wrong... Don't judge a book by it's cover.

3 supersets
    Dumbbell bench 20x6kg no problem with elbow passing torso anymore
    Rear delt band face pulls from below chest height 15reps.. very hard last set!

2 supersets
    Reverse grip pushdowns 25x40lbs
    Dumbbell curls 25x7kg got super hard in left lower arm.... Weird lat and bicep weakness in that side....

3-4 days more and it's time to low box squat again.

3 supersets

Began the day with the banded arm circles, it was pretty hard after yesterday's workout. Ended the afternoon with feeling healed and ready for more. Only one round of my hip stuff but a bunch extra forward lunge stretches to get the **** sorted and walk more evenly and lightly.

Saw a lateral rotator cuff exercise like the one I've been doing just with straight arms.. really helped me get my right upper arm to sit properly in the shoulder. Didn't even know that was my problem. It was excellent for the side raise weakness or however to describe it, as I can now do some 2kg shoulder presses easy as nothing and side raises to ease back into it.

Tested 5 push ups, went much better than it has in a long time.

Decided to go to the park and test my pull ups.
    2 reps much slower than I expected
    Then singles while talking to someone who also just got back to them after an injury.

Probably did less than 10 sets.

Then went home.took a dump and did 5 doubles on push ups before the cuff began to revert.

I don't know maybe I'll do more later like incline push ups, rows, planks etc......

I haven't been attentive enough to really feel my lats and pecs work together on the eccentric part of my chest presses lately.. did that.much more this time.

The amount of practice and light healing volume I'm getting into may be too much to log in here.

Legs were sore and less flexible today from doing hip and adductor mobility work every day and a few lunges different ways and wall sits yesterday.

But I felt that they're still improved and just need to be warmed up, and then they'll have more to push with.

I was right.

Came in after a bigger breakfast and did 5min lazy bike and some stretches.. tactical frog pose as well, it's much better for getting into that squat position. Could barely do the leg lift whereas 10-20 lifts used to be easy. No wonder **** stinks.... Retest bodyweight squat, much better.

4-5 supersets
    25x75lbs lower back machine
    20x0 ab roller

4 trisets
    One legged RDL with hands gliding down to front, outer and inner knee 1 rep each
    10 count pull band to me diagonally, slight bend in my side for abs and hold
    8 rear delt face pulls using same band. Bit bigger than usual band

Box Squat
    2x5xbar high box
    5xbar parallel or barely above
    2x3xbar below parallel
    Way below parallel
    2xbar
    2x40
    2x50 PR
    1x60 PR

Felt it in inner knee, the bad area, however in more of an adjusting and adapting sense for future healing than the previous usual bad sense. Stopped easy for that.

Staggered feet goodmornings
    2x10xbar both legs each set
    Felt it much more behind the knees than anywhere else!

Deadlift 3x3x70kg
    Much better tightness everywhere now. More hip focused.

Seated Leg Curls 2x12x30lbs slooooow cos the muscle or tendon moved around.

Lower hamstrings are a big weak point, and if I am to retrain it, I have to be very careful and intelligent about it or I'll revert like all the past times.

After watching Jim Wendler's new video on how he trains with a weight vest every day, I decided to try something like it for a second workout of today.

4 restless trisets
    10 Hatfield Bodyweight Squats
    3 incline push ups
    1 pull up

Felt very healthy today.
    I might do a lower body push, upper body push and upper body pull rehab type of session every day now. Although perhaps lower pull instead sometimes.

Yesterday I added another mini session.

4 restless trisets
    5 Hatfield Bodyweight Squats
    5 incline close grip push ups
    5 inverted rows

Then I got home, took a dump and did a few lunges and uni deadlifts to different angles.

Then took the bus to a local bar to confront someone who attacked me and he explained what happened and admitted he went too far even though apparently I had got enough and talked **** and pushed him before he got violent. Drunks and junkies, man.

This morning I'm sore in my knee area but in the safe way, so I did an easier round:

3 trisets with some rest
    20 count wall sit above parallel
    20x2kg dumbbell floor presses
    10 band rows

Unlikely to do more of this tonight.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast