Thread: Abs and Cardio

bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Abs and Cardio

Right now I am cutting and mainly working on loosing some stomach fat. I have been doing good cardio and keeping my calories/ macros in check. Overall I’m happy, but wanted opinions from others who may be able to tweak this routine.

On cardio days I am working out my abs first before running. I don’t have a big gut but I also don’t have a flat stomach, so it is necessary to do “ab exercises” at all?
    Or should I just spend more time on cardio ? Your not going to see any 6pack here soon so how do I train this area? And first, then cardio.. or cardio then abs? I have the time to do both, but am I wasting my time doing abs?
    Last edited by bignasty00; 10-11-2019 at 02:08 PM.

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bignasty00 View Post
    Right now I am cutting and mainly working on loosing some stomach fat. I have been doing good cardio and keeping my calories/ macros in check. Overall I’m happy, but wanted opinions from others who may be able to tweak this routine.

On cardio days I am working out my abs first before running. I don’t have a big gut but I also don’t have a flat stomach, so it is necessary to do “ab exercises” at all?
    Or should I just spend more time on cardio ? Your not going to see any 6pack here soon so how do I train this area? And first, then cardio.. or cardio then abs? I have the time to do both, but am I wasting my time doing abs?
    It makes no difference which one you do first.

Secondly you should train your abs on a cut as the same with training any muscle without training abs you potential can lose muscle the same as not training any other muscle. That said you don't need to do stupid amounts of ab work vs everything else. A few good weighted ab exercises or challenging ab exercises will be enough when combined with high intensity compound lifts such as deadlifts, OHP and squats.

bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bignasty00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are some weighted exercises that would help me ? Does it matter , or just whatever I prefer?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If abs are done at all, they need to be done in proportion with other exercises for your whole body. As always, this is one of many problems that can be sidestepped just by getting on a well known expert designed routine like Fierce 5.

FYI, when I've done ab exercises, I prefer ab wheel rollouts, hanging leg raises and dragon flags. If you are a novice, you probably won't be bothering unless the routine says to do some.