AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AD1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

.6g/lb protein at lower deficit or .7g/lb at higher?

My understanding from examine.com is that .73g/lb is the limit for muscle sparing benefits of additional protein; I know a few studies show higher but I understand the .8g/lb requirement to be a safety buffered recommendation.

With that considered, I have 2 options. I can have 95g protein at about 1,800 calories or 115g at 1,920 calories. At a bodyweight of about 170 lbs that comes to about .6 vs .7g/lb.

I know I could do better but these numbers are on a meal plan I enjoy and I'd like to pose the question to you guys if that extra protein would noticeably spare muscle during a cut. The lower protein option also has a larger deficit of about 600 calories compared to 500 for the higher protein meal plan. In past cuts I've found that I'm not the type who can cut at 1,600 cal/day or lower and still have motivation for the gym or even my career work, 1,800 is okay though (even then I eat at maintenance, about 2,400 cal, one day per week).

If these options are close enough not to matter I think I'll rather go with the lower protein option. Thanks for any feedback.

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Will the difference be significant I doubt it. However during cutting protein intake is more important then when bulking and consistently science has shown a trend of an optimal amount to be around 1.6g per lb of kg of body weight so around 0.7-0.8 per lb of body weight as shown on this graph:-

Therefore as you can see this is regarded as the 'safe' area to consume in order to develop muscle. But as I said cutting may benefit from more protein as explained in this article:-

https://mennohenselmans.com/eric-helms-protein/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18379214

Therefore even though the results are not conclusive the info points towards a possible benefit therefore I personally wouldn't want to risk losing muscle over delay a small amount of fat loss or simply adding some extra cardio.

Therefore I would state the higher end would be required as you are technically at the minimum optimum level for bulking/ maintenance, it is probable that during a deficit the need maybe higher due to the energy deficit demands and possible sub-optimal training due to energy levels.