Thread: SI Joint issue

amrogers3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question SI Joint issue

Anyone have experience here with SI joint issues?

I am having some acute pain in my right SI joint. Doc doesn't seem to know what the problem is. Getting up from seated position and sitting down produces a very sharp pain in my left SI. I also have a hip rotation issue where my left hip rotates forward.

Been going to Chiro to get it put back in place but it is not helping.

Any recommendations?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try a physical therapist that works with athletes.
    Usually a doctor/GP as you mentioned aren't educated in this way to make a proper diagnosis.
    The advise is pretty general most of the time,give it rest and take an anti inflammatory.
    As you mentioned they need to get to the reason for your issue and good solutions.
    Good luck.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Try a physical therapist that works with athletes.
    Usually a doctor/GP as you mentioned aren't educated in this way to make a proper diagnosis.
    The advise is pretty general most of the time,give it rest and take an anti inflammatory.
    As you mentioned they need to get to the reason for your issue and good solutions.
    Good luck.
    I would agree with Garage Rat for professional help. Some small steps to try to help. If you have a desk job, try a standing Desk. If that is not practical get up and move every 20-30 minutes. Dr. McGill would have you try to figure out what you are doing that causes the pain. What other movements cause the pain? Could there be a muscular imbalance? Is your form in the gym spot on? Point is try to figure out what movements cause the pain and then figure how to address them. For me, I have to take a 10+minute walk at least once a day, have begun using a standing desk, changed up some exercises in the gym and have focused on stabilizing my core. This past week I was able to Squat with some weight and Hex Bar Deadlift to about 70% of max with no pain or discomfort. Took about 6 weeks to get there, but it is getting better. Figure out what is causing the pain, avoid that and be patient.
    David, a 55 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year 400 Sq, 225 Bench, 500 DL

amrogers3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Problem is I have seen docs and PT but they dont really seem to know what is the problem which is weird.

Pretty painful doing squats which I can't do anymore but pain is most intense when beginning the sitting position or just getting up from the sitting position.

anything bent over is bad. I have read some stuff online but guidance is all over the place so not sure what to believe.

If someone has similar issues, what did you do to relieve the pain/fix the problem?