mesc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulking Phase: putting on too much weight?

Hello everyone, before I start talking about the main problem of this thread I want to start from the beginning.
    I began hitting the gym seriously in October 2018. Used to weigh 85kg, got down to 72 with what I believe being a 12% bf (May 2019). Maintained the weight during all summer, kept going to the gym 3 times a week eating roughly 2300 kcal a day.
    Now in September 2019 I began my first bulk, starting with a weight of 72,2 and I think I'm having some problems.
    One month and a week have passed, weighed myself this morning: 73,3. It would sound ok I think, but what is strange is that I'm eating like 2400 kcal a day, and I go to the gym 4 times a week. When I go on the Internet to see the bulking calories of other people I see numbers like 2600-2800. What's even stranger is that I'm eating only 100 kcal more than what I was eating to maintain, and I'm gaining weight pretty fast nonetheless.
    My questions are: should I do more cardio? Should I eat more/less? Should my macros split (50 carbs, 25 protein, 25 fat) stay the same or should I go for something like 40/30/30?
    Lastly, my training program is a simple split: chest/biceps, shoulders/triceps, legs, chest again with back.
    Chest press, overhead press, squat, deadlift, I do all of them with of course other isolation exercises and I'm gaining pretty good strenght especially on the legs, but I fear I'm putting maybe too much fat and not enough muscle. Thanks to anyone who will spend the time to read and answer, and I'm sorry in advance for any error since English is not my first language.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bulking for 1 month and you're already concerned?

Give it time dude... if you're getting stronger, what's the issue?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You haven't put on much muscle or fat during that timeframe given you are indeed eating the amount you say you are. The most likely culprit is - you guessed it - water retention.

Have you been progressing in your lifts?

Have you manipulated your sodium or carbohydrate intake than what you were previous eating? This along with increased exercise promotes more retention of water.

I wouldn't freak out. Stay the course for right now as long as you are progressing in the gym. Continue to track your weight by average each week and should see a bit of stabilization before too long.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Bulking for 1 month and you're already concerned?

Give it time dude... if you're getting stronger, what's the issue?
    Yeah I know that may sound stupid but since it's my first time bulking and not cutting down I was afraid I was doing something wrong, I will give it more time then, thanks.

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    You haven't put on much muscle or fat during that timeframe given you are indeed eating the amount you say you are. The most likely culprit is - you guessed it - water retention.

Have you been progressing in your lifts?

Have you manipulated your sodium or carbohydrate intake than what you were previous eating? This along with increased exercise promotes more retention of water.

I wouldn't freak out. Stay the course for right now as long as you are progressing in the gym. Continue to track your weight by average each week and should see a bit of stabilization before too long.
    That was my biggest concern and I think you are right, I just asked to see if I was right and not fooling myself. I feel my muscles fuller (I'm also taking creatine monohydrate every day 5grams, which as far as I know causes water to be retained in the muscles), so I guess most of it is water. Thanks for the advices.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mesc0 View Post
    That was my biggest concern and I think you are right, I just asked to see if I was right and not fooling myself. I feel my muscles fuller (I'm also taking creatine monohydrate every day 5grams, which as far as I know causes water to be retained in the muscles), so I guess most of it is water. Thanks for the advices.
    Creatine alone should make you weigh a bit more if you just started taking it. This too will stabilize and make scale tracking a little more reliable. It's never THAT reliable - but it will make it a little bit more reliable if that's something you're dead set on tracking.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama