Thread: Alibaba

RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Alibaba

I'm curious if anyone has ever ordered equipment through Alibaba and what their experience might have been. There seems to be a lot of stuff that you could take a flyer on to see if it was worth it. For example a "MAG" set of attachments for just north of $100. I'm definitely interested to hear if there are any stories, good or bad!

Cheers

xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here, I saw a post on a FB group yesterday where some people noticed that the MAG attachments copies were sold on alibaba.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buying knock-off gym equipment from a Chinese company?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Buying knock-off gym equipment from a Chinese company?
    I see your point, but are you saying Chinese company, as opposed to knock-off equipment from a US company?
    Unless there's a utility patent you see near copies here all the time. Look at Rogue and Rep.

dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by RoCol View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has ever ordered equipment through Alibaba and what their experience might have been. There seems to be a lot of stuff that you could take a flyer on to see if it was worth it. For example a "MAG" set of attachments for just north of $100. I'm definitely interested to hear if there are any stories, good or bad!

Cheers
    Link me up and Id be willing to make a buy and give feedback. Probably take a couple months to arrive though
    -632931 to -285725 rep. / working almost minimally to make that number respectable ;)

RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dagdafitness View Post
    Link me up and Id be willing to make a buy and give feedback. Probably take a couple months to arrive though
    https://m.alibaba.com/product/607837...11de3c70jtBKvU

That's one of them where the minimum order quantity is 1 I believe.

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have an AB-3000 clone that I picked up for less than half what that bench cost at the time. My buddy had the AB-3000 and the benches were almost identical. The main difference was that the clone has some QC issues (e.g. the piece that supports the back of the bench is slightly off center). Nonetheless, I saved ~$150. Anyway, I have mostly high-end stuff, but sometimes it's worth taking a gamble on the cheap stuff imho. If you get a great deal and it doesn't suit your tastes, you can probably flip it on FB Marketplace and break even or close to it.

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Twice I have ordered threw them and both times over a month later I get a refund and a notice saying that the order could not be fulfilled by vendor , or something like that
    Asteroid 2020

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alibaba is for bulk supplies. i ordered from ali express for years. Bought a lifting belt (to put weights on) which is great.
    But my favorite is lifting gloves for $3, i buy a few pairs all the time.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Alibaba is for bulk supplies. i ordered from ali express for years. Bought a lifting belt (to put weights on) which is great.
    But my favorite is lifting gloves for $3, i buy a few pairs all the time.
    There are a couple vendors that have a minimum order t of 1 so you should be able to grab things for personal use from them.

Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you think you get hit with import tax etc.

boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RoCol View Post
    https://m.alibaba.com/product/607837...11de3c70jtBKvU

That's one of them where the minimum order quantity is 1 I believe.
    Here's a desktop friendly link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...779593911.html

xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xdoomhammerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by boxer_for_life View Post
    Here's a desktop friendly link
    It's funny to see they are using the official MAG images in their webpage (you can actually see the logo multiple pictures). /sarcasm

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In most cases, I'm pro buying American and more-so, buying local from small business whenever possible. That said, there are items that can now be had that are nearly identical for a fraction of the price. My two boys and I wear Oakley sunglasses for baseball and outdoor sports activities. Playing baseball, these lenses get pretty scratched up, and buying replacement lenses from Oakley is not cheap. But now, I've found a source that sells the same exact lenses minus the Oakley logo for less than a third of the price of the Oakley replacement lens. So now, I can buy three lenses for less than the price of one Oakley brand replacement lens. These MAG and Prime clones may be the same type of example...I certainly wouldn't want to buy a Titan rack as my main everyday rack, but for pulldown/row attachments, I bet this is worth the roll of the dice.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rottweiler59 View Post
    Do you think you get hit with import tax etc.
    if they don't have an import agreement, such as that offered by some overseas sellers on the eBay platform, or a European based distributor, then in the UK you would almost certainly have to pay import duties and vat.

I've purchased a number of items from US companies and was subject to duties each time.

boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxer_for_life has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I sent messages to two of the vendors that offered single set orders. One said $203 shipped, the other said $177.

alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexthaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The quality will change from one batch to another as with all the equipment made in china. Every equipment i have bought from China has flaws of any sort. Ivanko plates made in China; first batch was good, the second one had paint problems and small chips and bumps before they paint... You never know what you will get...

Anyway, i am no american as i am from Canada and i would pay 3X more for an equipment designed and made here in america. Designing, marketing, producing, labor cost some $. In China, they copy without a lot of the expenses and steal the money right from the pockets of the company that have put so much effort into their products and they even use the original company picture to show. If we want to continue to have some amazing concepts from Prime and other companies from here, we have to help them with buying some of their stuff... but that’s only my opinion, take it or leave it...
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #54 []---[]

My own home gym evolution thread with pics of my gym

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174506581&p=1514272741&posted=1#post1514272741

dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by boxer_for_life View Post
    I sent messages to two of the vendors that offered single set orders. One said $203 shipped, the other said $177.
    Same. They said single set orders ship via air which is why the hipping costs what it does. Something like $68 shipping
    -632931 to -285725 rep. / working almost minimally to make that number respectable ;)

^ shipping was $130 and $98 respectively. They declined to ship via boat due to higher risk of small packages getting lost.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't buy it, you might end up with a vastly inferior or non functional item. There are some generic items where buying from a generic chinese seller make sense, such as USB cables or cell phone cases, because buying from an American seller off of Amazon or eBay only adds a middle man who already bought it from China and marked it up 50%.

However for expensive gym accessories, the hassle just to save a few dollars isn't worth it, not to mention I'd want to spend my money on the original designer's product to give credit where credit is due.

Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alexthaman View Post
    The quality will change from one batch to another as with all the equipment made in china. Every equipment i have bought from China has flaws of any sort. Ivanko plates made in China; first batch was good, the second one had paint problems and small chips and bumps before they paint... You never know what you will get...

Anyway, i am no american as i am from Canada and i would pay 3X more for an equipment designed and made here in america. Designing, marketing, producing, labor cost some $. In China, they copy without a lot of the expenses and steal the money right from the pockets of the company that have put so much effort into their products and they even use the original company picture to show. If we want to continue to have some amazing concepts from Prime and other companies from here, we have to help them with buying some of their stuff... but that’s only my opinion, take it or leave it...
    I agree 100% for buying fitness equipment and when possible if the price of the hardware is too steep there is always the second hand market if you are patient often the real deal is out there used for the same money as the copy is new.

TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did anyone bought the Alibaba set already?

I'm really wondering what kind of quality the attachments have.

TwanP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For the ones that are interested. I compared the Alibaba MAG copies with the ones from MAG itself based on specs and photo's, and found that in general there are 2 types of sets.
    See the attachment for an overview, including costs. This is of course excluding the import taxes.

None of the sets have attachments that are exactly the same as the ones from MAG. Each attachment differs in sizing.

Set with the Medium Grip Neutral, but without a Medium Grip Pronate:
    alibaba.com/product-detail/Multi-Lat-Pull-Down-Bar-Gym_60788631014.html?spm=a2700.9114905.0.0.wradsY
    This set is also sold in the UK, probably an import from Alibaba from the above Alibaba reseller: cutlergymequipment.co.uk/product/maximum-advantage-grips/

Set without the Medium Grip Neutral, but with a Medium Grip Pronate.
    bodongfitness.en.alibaba.com/product/62335056457-807960032/Gym_Fitness_equipment_Product_gym_grip_handle_Lat_ Pull_Down_Bar_for_exercise_and_fitness.html?spm=a2 700.icbuShop.41413.33.68536733Ua7Wp1

Because the sizing and also the shape differs i expect that the patent from MAG won't hold here.
    Attached Images