scarlett77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Eat Before or After Excercise

Hello everyone!

I wanted to know what is the best practice? Do you have breakfast before or after you workout?

Sometimes I skip breakfast and hit the gym but after a while I feel drained. On the other hand, if I eat and then I go to the GYM, I feel heavy.

Thank you!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by scarlett77 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I wanted to know what is the best practice? Do you have breakfast before or after you workout?

Sometimes I skip breakfast and hit the gym but after a while I feel drained. On the other hand, if I eat and then I go to the GYM, I feel heavy.

Thank you!
    I drink a couple of gulps of a protein shake and take a pre-workout.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like to eat during my exercise, usually even in between reps. I like to have a dumbbell in one hand and my breakfast burrito in the other. :P

Nah, but seriously I have done both. But I have found that I dont like to eat within 2 hours prior to a workout, I just feel better working out without a full stomach. But working out first thing in the morning I always take a pre-workout, it just helps a bit to get me moving.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hulkfan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't mean to give a generic answer or opinion but to he honest it really depends on what your are trying to accomplish and what type of workout you are doing.
    If attempting to lose weight and you are mainly doing cardio focused work I recommend you do it fasted, it has helped me in the past and I get faster results. If you notice you are hitting a wall or loosing energy you could use a pre-workout supplement or try having some coffee or tea prior to.
    If you performing strength training it might be more beneficial to get some nutrients in your system before the workout so you can power through the workout.

I would experiment a bit with both strategies, eating and fasted and see how your body reacts prior to settling for one or the other.
    You could also cycle both methods, for example do 4 weeks of fasted morning training and then switch to 2 weeks of non fasted training.
    Originally Posted by scarlett77 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Thank you!
    Nothing worth attaining comes easy in life, muscle is the same way.
    Remember, don't fight history just work hard towards a different future.
    Stay Pumped, Hulk Smash!

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat something an hour or two before the gym, and then straight after. I never feel as strong if I eat right before working out.

Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking

Start workout before breakfast but not with an empty stomach. An ideal situation would be having a banana and eggs, or take protein shake 1 hour before you workout to provide your body the necessary fuel to give its best.