ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Troy PO Plates Value

I'm looking to outfit my garage gym with about 500 lbs of weight. I got a quote from Troy for 555 lbs worth of their wide flanged plates for $770 or roughly $1.40/lb shipped to my house. I know these aren't top of the line, but I know they are machined well and look nice. I never imagined paying more than $1/lb for plates but CL and FB are slim pickins in terms of nice weight around me (atlanta, ga)

Just need some help on whether or not I should pull the trigger.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ytc1000 View Post
    I'm looking to outfit my garage gym with about 500 lbs of weight. I got a quote from Troy for 555 lbs worth of their wide flanged plates for $770 or roughly $1.40/lb shipped to my house. I know these aren't top of the line, but I know they are machined well and look nice. I never imagined paying more than $1/lb for plates but CL and FB are slim pickins in terms of nice weight around me (atlanta, ga)

Just need some help on whether or not I should pull the trigger.
    If you're refering to the Troy Deep Dish style plates, they're totally solid, great value I would say. I got mine from Adamant during a BF sale years back. I ended up selling them as I acquired Ivanko Revolver and Slotted plates, but if I were to do it all over again, I would totally feel good about buying those Troys again. Only thing I would say is I would get the black color if I had to do it over again...I had some issues with the Hammertone color they had flaking off. They were going to take care of it for me, but it just seemed like a hassle and I never sent them back.

radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) radrd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have Troy deep dish plates in black and love them. I lucked out and snagged 450 lb used like new for $400, but I'd pay $1.40/lb new shipped. Had them over a year and they still look new. Talking about this one:

https://www.adamantbarbell.com/92--t...ht-plate-black

fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I understand difficulty in finding good CL and FB deals on good plates.

In the past, I had considered purchasing new, Troy “Premium Grip” plates. I read on this forum, the best deal for non-small purchases, was obtained by going through a Troy distributor and picking them up at a shipping hub. If you can do that, can you obtain a revised quote and share with us the new price? This is only 550lbs, which is less than 3 – average American (obese) males. Seems most passenger cars would be suitable for this pick-up, assuming if palletized you can break it down at the hub for loading.

I also suggest not purchasing until Black Friday or after. That is only a month away, and maybe Adamant or someone else will run some better deals.

sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Adamant has the gray 1s 15% off right now, + orders over $500 ship free.

ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ytc1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies. I actually found some of the troy interlocking plates on facebook for $.70/lb. I don't like the look of them as much as the deep dish plates but at half the price, I think it is tough to beat. Any issues with the interlocking version other than aesthetics? They're supposed to be within 2% as well.

Originally Posted by fedewab2 View Post
    I understand difficulty in finding good CL and FB deals on good plates.

In the past, I had considered purchasing new, Troy “Premium Grip” plates. I read on this forum, the best deal for non-small purchases, was obtained by going through a Troy distributor and picking them up at a shipping hub. If you can do that, can you obtain a revised quote and share with us the new price? This is only 550lbs, which is less than 3 – average American (obese) males. Seems most passenger cars would be suitable for this pick-up, assuming if palletized you can break it down at the hub for loading.

I also suggest not purchasing until Black Friday or after. That is only a month away, and maybe Adamant or someone else will run some better deals.
    The quote I got was through Dumbbell Buddy. The rep said that the quote was only good until Oct. 31 as Troy prices were going up on November 1. I assume he was telling the truth but he could also just be trying to make a quick sale.

I tried contacting Troy but they said they don't sell to individuals but would send my contact information to a local distributor. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I was willing to buy calibrated rogue plates if they had a great black friday deal like they did a few years ago, but my sense is that big rogue sales a thing of the past.
    Last edited by ytc1000; 10-29-2019 at 09:41 AM.

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The quote I got was through Dumbbell Buddy. The rep said that the quote was only good until Oct. 21 as Troy prices were going up on November 1. I assume he was telling the truth but he could also just be trying to make a quick sale.

I tried contacting Troy but they said they don't sell to individuals but would send my contact information to a local distributor. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I was willing to buy calibrated rogue plates if they had a great black friday deal like they did a few years ago, but my sense is that big rogue sales a thing of the past.
    From what I heard, prices of most of the BIG equipment companies are raising their prices up 20-30% by the end of the year, because steel prices are going up. I personally wouldn't wait till Black Friday, unless you plan to make a large purchase, via I think the 449kg set was around $1400-$1500 dollar range. And every year it seems the discounts are getting less and less. I think the quote you got for those plates was a fairly good value considering the quality of the plates.

fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies. I actually found some of the troy interlocking plates on facebook for $.70/lb. I don't like the look of them as much as the deep dish plates but at half the price, I think it is tough to beat. Any issues with the interlocking version other than aesthetics? They're supposed to be within 2% as well.
    I have never handled them. I cannot remember if the bore tolerance is as good as the PO plates. However, $0.70/lb for a large set of nice Troy Interlocking plates would be a really good price. I myself would likely pursue that if the set were large enough such that I could sell off my mismatched plates and did not anticipate wanting to add to the amount significantly in the future.

Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The quote I got was through Dumbbell Buddy. The rep said that the quote was only good until Oct. 21 as Troy prices were going up on November 1. I assume he was telling the truth but he could also just be trying to make a quick sale.

Troy is indeed raising their prices in early Nov. My understanding is it has mostly to do with the China tariffs. The date is Nov 4th but that's effective Monday morning and dealers need to send orders in before.

As sera310 mentioned, the grey plates are already on sale. I created a coupon just now for you guys (I'm not sharing it anywhere else) to use on all the other Troy and Troy VTX plates at Adamant Barbell to get the same 15% off before the price increases take effect. Coupon is TROYPLATES, works through Friday.
    Black Friday gym equipment deals tracker
    www.tworepcave.com/BF

Originally Posted by Squeebo View Post
    Troy is indeed raising their prices in early Nov. My understanding is it has mostly to do with the China tariffs. The date is Nov 4th but that's effective Monday morning and dealers need to send orders in before.

As sera310 mentioned, the grey plates are already on sale. I created a coupon just now for you guys (I'm not sharing it anywhere else) to use on all the other Troy and Troy VTX plates at Adamant Barbell to get the same 15% off before the price increases take effect. Coupon is TROYPLATES, works through Friday.
    Thank you for the confirmation on pricing and the offer. Do the Troy GO-xxx and HO-xxx plates share the same finish?

Did you pursue this or place an order?

Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squeebo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fedewab2 View Post
    Thank you for the confirmation on pricing and the offer. Do the Troy GO-xxx and HO-xxx plates share the same finish?
    Yeah, it's the same grey-green finish.
    Black Friday gym equipment deals tracker
    www.tworepcave.com/BF