KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000)

Back to bodybuilding, thoughts on supplements.

Hey guys, I recently got back to bodybuilding (after getting troubling blood test results brought about by letting myself go dietwise, long story). From ages 19 to 23, I went from 300lbs to around 200 at about 12% BF. Never truly got shredded, I always wanted to get back to bulking. I was, and still am a believer that supplements work, if used as SUPPLEMENTS and not as replacements for hard work and proper diet.

Coming back after a few years off I'm relating to supps differently than I used to, and I wondered if I'm totally off base, or if this is normal for older guys. I used to use fat burners, pre-workout, intra-workout stuff, tribulus, and loads of other things that definitely helped. Whether it was placebo or not, I don't really know or care. Now, as a 29 year old married man with other expenses and a different training outlook, I've really only put any attention into creatine monohydrate and BCAAS pre-workout, and solid whey protein post workout and I've realized that I feel largely the same in the gym that I did as younger guy (albeit with less strength and more bodyfat since I've been totally lazy on any healthy diet, and inconsistently lifting weights). I'm feeling like there are definitely other things I could and probably should be adding, like a good fish oil, but I just don't feel the same drive to load up on all kinds of experimental supps and the flavor of the week ingredients. Am I the only one who has shifted his focus more towards dietary nutrients as he's gotten older, or is this a normal shift in mentality? Am I hurting my gains by not being more aggressive with my supps, or is the fear factor of battling high cholesterol and fatty liver combined with sadness over and desire to make up for the lost time in my mid-twenties enough to get me back to where I want to be?
    I was fat, then got fit, then moved to another country, and got fat again. Now I'm navigating the fitness scene in a new country while trying to get back to bodybuilding. It's a crazy adventure and this time, my health is also at stake.

Keep track on Instagram: KingofCreatine

**Philadelphia CREW**

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BCAAs do not work.

Creatine, fish oil, whey protein, preworkout if you wish.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    BCAAs do not work.

Creatine, fish oil, whey protein, preworkout if you wish.
    This. And you certainly don't need to time your protein powder. It's just powdered food that can be used to help meet your macro in a given day, if you need the help. I haven't used protein powder in nearly 2 weeks because I'm eating plenty of protein.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary

KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000) KingOfCreatine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing that BCAAs don't work. Is that some new science in the last few years? You guys seem like you've made lots of gains, but then again, I started using BCAA supplements because guys who had made lots of gains told me that they do work. Are we all just trapped in a web of broscience lol?
    I was fat, then got fit, then moved to another country, and got fat again. Now I'm navigating the fitness scene in a new country while trying to get back to bodybuilding. It's a crazy adventure and this time, my health is also at stake.

Keep track on Instagram: KingofCreatine

**Philadelphia CREW**

akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I take BCAAs if I train fasted or if I'm not eating regularly enough. They make me feel kind of satieted and the hunger won't impact my workout as much
    Eat heavy and lift peanut butter

Praise the Sun

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by akghostrider View Post
    I take BCAAs if I train fasted or if I'm not eating regularly enough. They make me feel kind of satieted and the hunger won't impact my workout as much
    That’s the water making you feel satiated, not the BCAAs
    Make America Great Britain Again

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by akghostrider View Post
    thats the worst time to take BCAAs. According to Wolfe 2017 it causes more muscle protein breakdown than anything when taken fasted
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfCreatine View Post
    Interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing that BCAAs don't work. Is that some new science in the last few years? You guys seem like you've made lots of gains, but then again, I started using BCAA supplements because guys who had made lots of gains told me that they do work. Are we all just trapped in a web of broscience lol?
    Pretty much. The reality is that success despite ignorance is a real thing. Too many people attribute success to something completely unrelated because some bro told them that it was legit when that bro was basically thinking correlation = causation which it does not necessarily mean.

PC had a great article on his site that he keeps current as new research with regard to BCAAs.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary

sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000) sothrowedmex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some form of Creatine, fish oil, multivitamin, and possibly a preworkout to help you on those non energetic days is reeally all you need.

Bonus: Whey protein or a blend of whey/casein but i'd prefer to get all my protons from actual food, and only use the whey supps when I have a sweet tooth or on the run and don't have time for a specific meal
    IG: @Gains_Marathon
    Twitter: @MindMarathon24
    Youtube: youtube.com/c/GainsMarathon

https://www.ebates.com/r/ESPINO1439

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    seems like you are looking for magic. if you took nearly 6 years off you can't speed up gains. BCAA's are not going to do much. Extra protein and creatine can't hurt. But if you are not consistently training supplements are not the answer.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im a firm believer in BCAAs, creatine and protein powders. Time them for success

I take my creatine an hour prior to my training, BCAAs during training and a protein shake right after. Is this protocol necessary, NO, but it's something I found beneficial

-BCAAs are so misunderstood-
    BPI Sports - Forum Director - stevej@bpisports.net

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard