HonkeyKongDong is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Acute ancle pain

Started running 2 miles every day, after about a week upped it to 6 miles. Now my ankles feel like they have stress fractures, it's been almost 2 weeks and the pain went away... so I tried running again yesterday for only a mile and it came back. Hurts mainly when rotating them. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is, and how long I should rest before running again?

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HonkeyKongDong View Post
    Started running 2 miles every day, after about a week upped it to 6 miles. Now my ankles feel like they have stress fractures, it's been almost 2 weeks and the pain went away... so I tried running again yesterday for only a mile and it came back. Hurts mainly when rotating them. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is, and how long I should rest before running again?
    Common running injury is achilles' heel...is it that? Or more like your actual ankle? If it's the ankle joint, may need to see a Dr, get checked out...could very well be a stress fracture...any swelling or other signs?

I've had achilles issues in the past, about 3-4 weeks off let it heal. Lots of stretching, too.

Lastly, going from 2 miles to 6 miles is a pretty big jump, could be you were doing too much too soon.

HonkeyKongDong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    Common running injury is achilles' heel...is it that? Or more like your actual ankle? If it's the ankle joint, may need to see a Dr, get checked out...could very well be a stress fracture...any swelling or other signs?

I've had achilles issues in the past, about 3-4 weeks off let it heal. Lots of stretching, too.

Lastly, going from 2 miles to 6 miles is a pretty big jump, could be you were doing too much too soon.
    It's inside the ankle.. in between the 2 knobs on both sides.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See a podiatrist(foot doctor) for an accurate answer.
    Anyone giving advise is just speculating.
    Here my speculation,could be your shoes or the way run.
    I had a horrible ankle issue and especially wearing running shoes.
    It turned out that i needed a wide shoe as my foot was being cramped up.
    That was just my issue i don't know if it's yours.