Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by lsi1 View Post
    belated Happy Birthday to you and thanks for the review. yours is the first of these reviews that make me understand the want for one.

I use handles and the ssb and you can kind of replicate this but have the real risk of dumping weight off your back if you lean back too far.
    Different people have different physiological needs, and some people need different equipment and techniques to get the most out of a movement. I think it’s great we have things like SSB, hex bars, and belt squat machines to address these issues.

Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    It looks like there's room to add a couple storage pegs on the pivot uprights.
    Yes there is. I’m guessing they could have added some...at an additional cost to the consumer.

IMHO it’s not necessary. The machine is heavy and super stable. There is absolutely no wobble even when unloaded...and I’m guessing most home gyms are like mine, where every plate is committed to a machine, and smaller plates are strategically placed around the room where needed. I got rid of my plate tree long ago because it was always empty and was a waste of space.
    So long and thanks for the fish. Can no longer abide the sexism, racism, homophobia, hostility, and political views.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    grubman,

Being an extreme minimalist, I consider redundant a lot of the equipment I see people buying and reviewing. The belt squat apparatus doesn't fall into that category. It makes perfect sense and I can't figure out a way to duplicate it equally or better than what it already is.

Excellent review on a great piece of equipment.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I’m thinking of getting one. If you go to the very end of this video they test the load at the attachment.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym pics: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177315891&p=1583348411&viewfull=1#post1583348411

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    grubman,

Being an extreme minimalist, I consider redundant a lot of the equipment I see people buying and reviewing. The belt squat apparatus doesn't fall into that category. It makes perfect sense and I can't figure out a way to duplicate it equally or better than what it already is.

Excellent review on a great piece of equipment.
    I agree, judging by the looks and actions of these belt squats, I see a ton of value in incorporating it on a 3rd squat day minus overloading the back 3 times a week and since it hits the quads good even replacing the front squat (depending on your style of lifting of course).

I might get one myself and it'll boil down to either Mech's, or the BOS one.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damnit, now I have to figure out where to put this thing. Negged OP.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    (grubman,I did look into those several years ago...but they wouldn’t work with the Body Solid Multi Press rack I use. 75% of the time I like that unit better than a traditional rack...but there are several rack attachments that would have been cool. Oh well, can’t have it all .

Ironically, a Zane leg blaster came up on Facebook Marketplace about a year ago for $200. By the time I got done debating if I really “needed” it, it was sold)
    The other thing you could do is get J hooks and put them on the other side of the rack and place a barbell on them and do the SSBar handle squats that way.
    Just idea that think I've seen before.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    The other thing you could do is get J hooks and put them on the other side of the rack and place a barbell on them and do the SSBar handle squats that way. Just idea that think I've seen before.
    Interesting...I never thought about J hooks on the opposite side. I’ll have to give that a try.
    So long and thanks for the fish. Can no longer abide the sexism, racism, homophobia, hostility, and political views.

Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rottweiler59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    I’m thinking of getting one. If you go to the very end of this video they test the load at the attachment.
    Based on that very close to 1-1 ratio. It does look like he bottoms out and the plates hit the floor though

Originally Posted by Rottweiler59 View Post
    Based on that very close to 1-1 ratio. It does look like he bottoms out and the plates hit the floor though
    Yep, like I said, shorter belt, grow taller, or simply use the pegs in the top load position.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Yep, like I said, shorter belt, grow taller, or simply use the pegs in the top load position.
    In addition to a shorter belt, you could also buy some thick DL pads from Titan Fitness and elevate the platform. Adding rubber to the top of my Titan created a little extra ROM so that when I bottom out I know I'm slightly below parallel every time. It's amazing how just a couple inches of elevation can help with these machines. I actually just placed my order for some, not only for the belt squat but to use for DL's and with my lat pulldown (elevation for feet).

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s...ck/400493.html

BTW, Titan's model is 14% off with their current sale. $527 is impossible to beat, saving $100 even after adding Rogue's premium belt for the machine.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 10-10-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if it weighs 264 lbs why is the weight limit only 700 lbs?

looks nice tho. i have a 4 inch tow strap i use as a belt for dips and pullups. prob would be better than the belt they show. id rather side load.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    if it weighs 264 lbs why is the weight limit only 700 lbs?

looks nice tho. i have a 4 inch tow strap i use as a belt for dips and pullups. prob would be better than the belt they show. id rather side load.
    I can’t answer that question...I honestly think the weight limit is very conservative. I have machines with much lighter steel and construction with higher limits. That said, I doubt anyone would ever need to (or be able to) go higher, simply due to the nature of the exercise...but that’s MHO.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can’t answer that question...I honestly think the weight limit is very conservative. I have machines with much lighter steel and construction with higher limits. That said, I doubt anyone would ever need to (or be able to) go higher, simply due to the nature of the exercise...but that’s MHO.
    Probably like you say, being conservative. However, these machines are not quite like a leg press where you can triple your barbell squat easily, so I imagine most people would stay well below 700lbs for reps. Then if you do somehow manage to exceed the machine's capacity you deserve a Rogue Rhino or Legend belt squat machine upgrade anyway.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

SMALL UPDATE

Got a couple cheap (Walmart.com or Amazon, $10 each) resistance bands. Contraband, 41”, 10-35 pound resistance. This was my first time experimenting with them so I got the lightest weight.

Definitely a different kind of exercise. My quads were burning like crazy after an initial set, and I got fewer reps on subsequent myo reps than I planned. I’m not sure if I’m sold on resistance bands for daily use...but it was certainly more intense.

Put 1 on each side like this...

Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10) Recidivst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mine arrived today with small amount of PC scrubbed off in shipping about what you would expect from UPS shipping it half across Canada.
    All looks good even the communist block country farm implement green pillow block bearings. Have 2, 24mm or 15/16" wrenches and or sockets ready for assembly and a large punch for aligning and you will be set.
    The machine is very good much nicer than the titan version IMHO but I gotta say that it is the last thing that I will buy from bells of steel as their owner comes across as greasy AF.
    Last edited by Recidivst; 10-11-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Originally Posted by Recidivst View Post
    as their owner comes across as greasy AF.
    Not sure what the term “greasy” means, but I’m assuming it’s not complimentary, ha ha. That’s kind of strange because I thought he was pretty nice. We had about 6 back and forth before I made my purchase, he personally answered all my questions, lol-ed at all my lame lifting jokes, and even sent me that T-shirt. Got 2 emails when I ordered it and 2 emails with tracking when it shipped.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Grubman, I’m looking at one of these. Can you please provide an update? Still happy that you bought it, how’s it holding up, still using it etc?

Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    Grubman, I’m looking at one of these. Can you please provide an update? Still happy that you bought it, how’s it holding up, still using it etc?
    Yep, absolutely love it. I have a leg press, magnum perfect squat, SSB, do regular squats, quad focused hex dead’s, and dumbbell lunges...and of all of them, Nothing hits the quads as directly as the belt squat. It’s my favorite leg excercise.

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldHAMnEGGer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yep, absolutely love it. I have a leg press, magnum perfect squat, SSB, do regular squats, quad focused hex dead’s, and dumbbell lunges...and of all of them, Nothing hits the quads as directly as the belt squat. It’s my favorite leg excercise.
    have you found there to be a big difference if the weight horns are parallel to the floor (way in front of you) or if they're perpendicular (closer to you)? I've only ever used a Pit Shark and the horns are parallel and i could never feel them much in the quads. Even if i faced away from the machine (back to the handles), i felt it a little more in the quads but still much more hip dominant. After all, i think the Belt Squat, more or less, was intended to replicate a powerlifting style squat (hips pushed back, knees not traveling very far forward).

Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    have you found there to be a big difference if the weight horns are parallel to the floor (way in front of you) or if they're perpendicular (closer to you)? I've only ever used a Pit Shark and the horns are parallel and i could never feel them much in the quads. Even if i faced away from the machine (back to the handles), i felt it a little more in the quads but still much more hip dominant. After all, i think the Belt Squat, more or less, was intended to replicate a powerlifting style squat (hips pushed back, knees not traveling very far forward).
    I don’t think the positioning of the weight horns make much difference other than loading. I would prefer parallel for that purpose...but since I have plenty of plates and just leave it loaded, it’s not an issue. If I was constantly changing weights, though, there would probably be some pinched fingers.

I can’t speak for the Pit Shark, but you do have to do some experimentation with foot placement, how you use the handle for support, and how you lean. Those 3 factors VERY much change where the stress is. With feet too far back, and leaning in too much in, you definitely change it to more hip involvement. For me, if the weight hook is the center of my foot, arms straight on the grip, and back perpendicular to the floor, it is much more like a sissy squat type move, where the stress is almost 100% on the quads (without the knee stress). Of course, there are many positions in between for various goals.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don’t think the positioning of the weight horns make much difference other than loading. I would prefer parallel for that purpose...but since I have plenty of plates and just leave it loaded, it’s not an issue. If I was constantly changing weights, though, there would probably be some pinched fingers.

I can’t speak for the Pit Shark, but you do have to do some experimentation with foot placement, how you use the handle for support, and how you lean. Those 3 factors VERY much change where the stress is. With feet too far back, and leaning in too much in, you definitely change it to more hip involvement. For me, if the weight hook is the center of my foot, arms straight on the grip, and back perpendicular to the floor, it is much more like a sissy squat type move, where the stress is almost 100% on the quads (without the knee stress). Of course, there are many positions in between for various goals.
    I have the Mech6 lever belt squat and you're right on target about trying different feet positioning. I ended up having the center of my ankles in line with the belt attachment as the perfect position for myself. I also use a slightlywider stance than with a barbell squat.
    Definately experiment with different foot positions front to back as well as width to find where the movement is most effective for you.
    Sig line can't be a novel

BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    grubman, amazing info... been wanting something like this forever and didn't know one existed in this price range.

How versatile would you say it is? I don't have a great low pulley in my home gym, does this work well for things like rows or curls with bar/handle attachments?
    Does the angle and balance work for those kind of movements if you've tried them?

Have you tried lunges with it, if so how does that feel with the belt on this?

Appreciate the info!

Originally Posted by BalticCandles View Post
    grubman, amazing info... been wanting something like this forever and didn't know one existed in this price range.

How versatile would you say it is? I don't have a great low pulley in my home gym, does this work well for things like rows or curls with bar/handle attachments?
    Does the angle and balance work for those kind of movements if you've tried them?

Have you tried lunges with it, if so how does that feel with the belt on this?

Appreciate the info!
    Alas, I only use it for belt squats. I have better options (and machines) for lunges, calf raises.

I did think it was going to be awesome for bent rows and “low pulley” movements...but it isn’t, simply because the release handle gets in the way. You CAN do the movements with the handle upright, but the “bar” rubs and clanks against it pretty hard.

If space is a premium, it’s not the most versatile machine I have...but then again, I’m a guy with a standing calf raise, ha ha.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just saw these are coming back in stock pretty interested in getting one after reading this review
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had mine for awhile and I've got nothing but good things to say about it. While on vacation I went to a public powerlifting gym for 10 days which had a Rogue Rhino. The difference is honestly minimal. The Rhino is built better but its really the same movement. The BOS is the perfect, no frills, belt squat. Using the Spud inc belt makes a massive difference with comfort as well.

Its such a game changer having a dedicated belt squat. Its like a leg press that actually carries over to a barbell squat but without the fatigue.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------