dribrs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need help targeting/shaping thighs

I've been really trying to focus on shaping my lower body (specifically thighs) for about a month, but I havent had any luck. I feel stronger, but there is no significant change in how i look.

I do abduction/adduction
    165 & 80 lbs 4 sets 15 of each
    leg extensions
    70 lbs 4 sets 10
    hamstring curls
    80 lbs 4 sets 15
    leg curls
    70 lbs 4 sets 7
    leg press
    115 4 sets 10

I also do a few mat exercises like lying hip raises and glute kickbacks
    And bike for 15 minutes twice a week

I've been trying to educate myself on exercising for the past year, but so far all I've managed to do is maintain my body, not shape it.

I want my legs (thighs) to not look so drum sticky if that makes sense. More of a uniform size from top to knee. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dribrs View Post
    I've been really trying to focus on shaping my lower body (specifically thighs) for about a month, but I havent had any luck. I feel stronger, but there is no significant change in how i look. ...

I've been trying to educate myself on exercising for the past year, but so far all I've managed to do is maintain my body, not shape it.
    Have you been progressively increasing resistance and following a somewhat consistent routine over the past year? If not, then you likely won't see significant changes.

Specifically for your legs, one month isn't necessarily enough time to see much change. Give it more time and see below.

Originally Posted by dribrs View Post
    I want my legs (thighs) to not look so drum sticky if that makes sense. More of a uniform size from top to knee.
    First, you look fine. This is somewhat genetic and just being human/female, as legs tend to look thicker at the top where you're thicker at the hips, and thinner at the knee.

That being said, without being able to tell body composition from your pics, if you wanted a create the look of a more uniform size two ways you could do it are:

1. Reduce body fat since that's probably contributing to the "drum" - so that they look more like the "stick". This would be done more on the diet side (calorie deficit) than exercise side - although exercise would contribute to the deficit. But you can't target fat reduction just on your thighs so you may not see the results as quickly as you would like. Also, you are NOT fat at all, so you should consider what you want your overall body to look like if you consider doing this.

2. Increase the overall muscle in your thighs so that they look more like drum than stick. You can do this by progressively overloading your exercises over time (and likely would need to eat at a slight caloric surplus). Squats (and to a certain extent deadlifts) would help w/ this if added to your routine. But you should consider if you want big, muscular thighs over what you have now - not sure what your goals are.

Some combo of 1 and 2 may be where you want to be, although it's not that easy to do both at the same time. In the end, you'll still have some of what you call a drumstick shape in your thighs.

IMHO you aren't fat at all and your figure looks good, so the above is just targeted at your specific question - not what you look like. I suggest you focus your workouts on just improving your overall body like we all want to do - whether it be more muscle, less fat or both - and not worry that much about your legs specifically. They will come along for the ride naturally.

bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Learn how to do compound movements.. stop playing with all those machines..

-Squats
    -deadlifts
    -bulgarian spit squats
    -lunges

If they are difficult, start with body weight at high volume, gradually increase weight

Watch videos and learn proper form

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drum sticky? Drum sticks are legs. Legs are supposed to be wider at the top than at the knee.

You're not going to see any significant change after a month. Follow a solid lifting program for many months and you will see results.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All I can add is that you look very good and pretty lean therefore you should focus on muscle building in your leg and not try and lose fat. As spradish stated your thigh should be bigger then the rest of your leg, with your hips even wider as that is how women are structured.

This will be best achieved by following a very small caloric surplus of around 100-200 calories above TDEE maintenance see this link for full info:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Aim to gain around 0.75-1lb a month. This will ensure mainly muscle is built.

As for developing your lower body I would advise you follow a progressive training plan one of these would be fine, it is also equally important to train your upper body:-

https://liftvault.com/programs/stren...m-spreadsheet/ - Strong Curves (popular with women)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9172473&page=1 - Allpro

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9678631&page=1 - Fierce 5

https://atlargenutrition.com/baby-got-back-routine/ - Baby got back.

By doing this and progressive getting stronger and increasing volume you will start to build more muscle. This will take time and seeing results in a month is not likely but after 6 months you should start to see some good results.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bea5twood View Post
    Learn how to do compound movements.. stop playing with all those machines..

-Squats
    -deadlifts
    -bulgarian spit squats
    -lunges

If they are difficult, start with body weight at high volume, gradually increase weight

Watch videos and learn proper form
    This^

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    Drum sticky? Drum sticks are legs. Legs are supposed to be wider at the top than at the knee.

You're not going to see any significant change after a month. Follow a solid lifting program for many months and you will see results.
    This^

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    All I can add is that you look very good and pretty lean therefore you should focus on muscle building in your leg and not try and lose fat. As spradish stated your thigh should be bigger then the rest of your leg, with your hips even wider as that is how women are structured.

This will be best achieved by following a very small caloric surplus of around 100-200 calories above TDEE maintenance see this link for full info:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Aim to gain around 0.75-1lb a month. This will ensure mainly muscle is built.

As for developing your lower body I would advise you follow a progressive training plan one of these would be fine, it is also equally important to train your upper body:-

https://liftvault.com/programs/stren...m-spreadsheet/ - Strong Curves (popular with women)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9172473&page=1 - Allpro

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9678631&page=1 - Fierce 5

https://atlargenutrition.com/baby-got-back-routine/ - Baby got back.

By doing this and progressive getting stronger and increasing volume you will start to build more muscle. This will take time and seeing results in a month is not likely but after 6 months you should start to see some good results.
    And this^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with above. Stick to basic exercises and you will see much better results. I promise you. As a girl, you also benefit extra from squats Good luck!
    [no advertising external sites - read the forum rules]