Closed Thread
    thatCountryDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Why would protein bar make me tired?

Just having it in between meals. Sometimes eating one just makes me tired and drag for a couple hours until I eat again. Long night the night before, so I could just be needing a nap or somethin. Anyone ever have this same effect? What would trigger this feeling?

Registered User bernbabybern820's Avatar
    bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i doubt a protein bar would make you tired unless the bar has so much sugar that you just crash.

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bernbabybern820
    i doubt a protein bar would make you tired unless the bar has so much sugar that you just crash.
    True dis.

Its possible theres enough sugar to slow you down, what bars are you talking about?
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10) pop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thatCountryDJ
    Just having it in between meals. Sometimes eating one just makes me tired and drag for a couple hours until I eat again. Long night the night before, so I could just be needing a nap or somethin. Anyone ever have this same effect? What would trigger this feeling?
    May be the sugar achol in it? List the indgernts in it.

thatCountryDJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pop
    May be the sugar achol in it? List the indgernts in it.
    Met-Rx Protein Plus Protein Bar- Chocolate Chocolate Chunk.
    Ingredients from a website....
    Chocolate Flavored Layer (Maltitiol Syrup, Milk Protein Concentrate, Unsweetened Chocolate, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa (processed with alkali), Glycerin, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Natural Flavor), Chocolate Flavored Coating (Maltitol, Fractionated Palm Kernal Oil, Milk Protein Concentrate, Cocoa, Calcium Caseinate (processed with alkali), Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), METAMYOSIN PPV Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Caseinate, Whey Protein Isolate, Egg White, L-Glutamine), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Glycerin, Water, Soy Protein Isolate, Chocolate Flavored Chips (maltitol, unsweetened chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), Maltitol Syrup, Natural & Artifical Flavor (contains caramel color), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Salt, Fructooligosaccharides, Inulin, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Calcium D-Panthothenate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridonixe Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin), Caramel Color, Sucralose, Maltodextrin

Total Fat 9 g 14%

Saturated Fat 9 g 14%

Cholesterol 5 mg 2%

Sodium 210 mg 9%

Potassium 120 mg 3%

Total Carbohydrate 32 g 11%

Dietary fiber 2 g 8%

Sugars 2 g

Sugar alcohol 19 g

Protein 32 g 36%

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless your body doesn't react well to the sugar alcohols, i think it may just be a result of already being tired.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only other thing I can think of is digesting food can make you drowsy due to decreased blood flow to brain to increase the blood flow to the tummy.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

Airbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a thought...

Have the doc check you out for hypo/hyper glycemia, or diabetes...

Your body might not be adjusting to the volatility of carbs/proteins, etc...

I know what you are talking about, and you might need to adjust your diet a little...Even out the complex carbs. If you grab a stick or two of celery (or something similar) it may help.

-Air

ladyofthetrona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same issue with too much protein also too much sugars and fiber.

I have gastroparesis It takes me a long time to digest. If I eat half a protein bar it doesn’t effect me as much. A whole one will knock out for an hr.

It does take a lot for the body to digest if you have too much at one time diabetes runs in my family. But they said I’m only close to being Pre-diabetic.

I’ve tested out many bars and shakes : quest bars, Luna bars, keto shakes, slim fast shakes, Gnc amp, Keto logic, vegan lean shakes, beyond raw, itworks, organic protein, carnivore, Beverly, genepro, Jay Robb egg white, ketologic, Ancient nutrition, Jarrow formula, think thin, alaninu, and many more..

21 g of carbs will cause this like in some Luna bars

Having over 6 g of fiber in one sitting also does this

And having 30 g of protein in one sitting not only does it but also causes constipation.

These results were the same after working, after a full night sleep and also mid day on days off..

I know it’s not the same for everyone. Just wanted to share what I found out.

Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Iluvmud has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hope after 14yrs, he'd figured it out........
    Salty.......... like Extra salty.......

*Neg SS on site crew - MSSRA!

JohnNoahson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi. I had the same issue and apparently it was because I didn't chose the good one (to low sugar).

This guy - explains in detail how to select te right bars depending on your specific needs

meyercarl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thatCountryDJ View Post
    This definitely sounds like a sugar crash type of situation!