mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nerves in Shoulder - No bench for 6 weeks and counting, Muscle Loss?

Hey,

I've posted another thread in the upper section about my shoulder injury. New question though..

I'm currently cutting down to 10% bf. -500cal/day. About 6 weeks ago I developed a pain in my right shoulder. Have been going to the physio, initially thought it was my AC joint, but 6 treatments later he's now working on my neck and upper spine. Thinks it referred pain from my neck. Basically I can't do any pushing exercises without considerable pain, and I'm going to stop all pulling exercises, because I think that's not helping, as my shoulder feels worse for the remainder of the day.

I'm cutting on F5 intermediate, still doing leg days. It might take 2-4 weeks for my this to go away, at which point I'm probably going to ease back into upper body exercises.

I assume I'm probably going to lose a bit of muscle in my upper body over this time.

My Question is - If there's anything extra I can do to minimize muscle loss? Other than stopping my cut. Eating 0.9-1.0g/lb protein etc.

Is it just too bad, and I'll recover fine in due course? I really don't want to stop my cut, as I'm well into it.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you can't exercise and you eat enough protein, then there's not much you can do. But muscle memory is real so you'll gain it back in a month.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mojojonz View Post
    My Question is - If there's anything extra I can do to minimize muscle loss? Other than stopping my cut. Eating 0.9-1.0g/lb protein etc.

Is it just too bad, and I'll recover fine in due course? I really don't want to stop my cut, as I'm well into it.
    You'll lose some muscle but it will come back quick - same as when people have other types of injuries and can't work out for a while.

If you need to rest, rest. Of course, you can minimize loss if you can at least do a few exercises w/ light weights without aggravating anything and approved by your physio - sometimes you can get away w/ things like a lateral raise, face pull, drag curl, forearm curl, tricep cable pressdown even when other lifts hurt.

tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's thousands of exercises you can use to replace those you can't do. I ****ed my clavicle/shoulder up about 2 years ago, couldn't do bench without excruciation pain, but I discovered I could do dips, cable cross overs and dumbell bench if I did them the right way. I'd recommend trying to find something else you can do without pain until you've recovered. Something not so intense on the shoulder. If nothing fits that criteria then what the others said.

hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tas4563 View Post
    There's thousands of exercises you can use to replace those you can't do. I ****ed my clavicle/shoulder up about 2 years ago, couldn't do bench without excruciation pain, but I discovered I could do dips, cable cross overs and dumbell bench if I did them the right way. I'd recommend trying to find something else you can do without pain until you've recovered. Something not so intense on the shoulder. If nothing fits that criteria then what the others said.
    What if the exercises themselves don’t cause pain, but it hurts later? Any pain I’ve ever had, such as wrist, elbow, and shoulder, never actually hurts during the exercise. It almost seems like the pump makes it more at ease, but then there is a presence later.

mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hulkfan View Post
    What if the exercises themselves don’t cause pain, but it hurts later? Any pain I’ve ever had, such as wrist, elbow, and shoulder, never actually hurts during the exercise. It almost seems like the pump makes it more at ease, but then there is a presence later.
    Thanks for all the replies. The PT is kinda saying what you guys have mentioned. He initially told me to NOT STOP my pulling exercises as these are what will strengthen some of the trouble areas. But when I told him my shoulder was more niggly for the rest of the day and next, he said maybe to stop just for a week or 2. He reiterated though that staying active is really important. However, he's also said, that nerves are quite stubborn, and if you aggravate them at all, they just don't heal.

I've tried Dip, DB press, overhead, incline. They all hurt. I can do body weight pressups what hands on a bench quite pain free.

He's also given me about 6 exercises/stretches to do twice a day. He's also a bit confused, cause this really shouldn't have taken over 6 weeks with little improvement. Might have to get a scan if it's no better in week.

I might just do some of the normal exercises, at like 25% normal weight and high reps, just to keep the muscles "stretched"

Just thought I'd post an update, encase anyone has any more thoughts, or any one is is reading this out of interest.

So had another session with PT. Again, he adjusted my neck, gave me more rehab exercises. Honestly, there's little to no improvement. I'm seeing him tomorrow, and I'm going to ask he books me in for an MRI scan to just blimmin see whats going on.

I now have clicking and popping near my AC joint. This is weird. I'm taking it very gentle too.

However, just yesterday, I discovered I can do Decline press pain free!! , also discovered I can do F;at Pushups and decline Pushups and landmine press pain free. I don't know why those ones don't hurt, but they'll fully supplement my chest work. I understand decline press puts less stress on the shoulder or something. Also pushups orientate your elbows slightly different as does land mine press. That's probably narrowing down what the problem is hopefully. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I'm just glad I've figures out how to keep working the chest muscles for now.

So got an ultrasound and x-ray.

Turns out I have an inflamed Bursa sack my shoulder. This is really annoying. It's not getting better. My physio now has given me new exercises to strengthen the "weak" muscles that may be contributing to the imbalance which may have caused this. I'm now taking the max ibuprofen .

Hope this become anything worse. I read lots of stories of people having this issues months and months