Thread: Deadlift form

KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000)

Deadlift form

I know this is like my 3rd video on the deadlift, but really working on perfecting my form. This was my last set for 300lbs, my last video, on the descent the bar was swaying out, I think I have tightened up the line of path, but could use more tightening. Are my hips too high?

https://youtu.be/H5k1XBxLe68
    Last edited by KidFreeze; 09-30-2019 at 10:35 AM.

NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorwichGrad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks great, man!!

As far as hip position, they are spot on.

The goal of DL is to move as much weight as possible from the ground to the lockout position. So you must find the position where there is most tension on the hammies.

Those who advocate low-hip DL position either have Weightlifting background, or the information was lost in translation. Different iron athletes in different sports usually share information, as they should, but sometimes we forget to ask the question why they do things the way they do.

Clean position (as in clean and jerk) generally have lower hip position. This is because the first pull (from ground to launch point) must be done by the quads while maintaining some tension in the posterior chain. Cleans cannot be done efficiently with a high hip position because it will prematurely fatigue the lower back / posterior chain which is needed for the explosive second pull.

So this is where information gets muddied up.

If you watch the heaviest DL in the world, most start with high hips.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Looks great, man!!

As far as hip position, they are spot on.

The goal of DL is to move as much weight as possible from the ground to the lockout position. So you must find the position where there is most tension on the hammies.

Those who advocate low-hip DL position either have Weightlifting background, or the information was lost in translation. Different iron athletes in different sports usually share information, as they should, but sometimes we forget to ask the question why they do things the way they do.

Clean position (as in clean and jerk) generally have lower hip position. This is because the first pull (from ground to launch point) must be done by the quads while maintaining some tension in the posterior chain. Cleans cannot be done efficiently with a high hip position because it will prematurely fatigue the lower back / posterior chain which is needed for the explosive second pull.

So this is where information gets muddied up.

If you watch the heaviest DL in the world, most start with high hips.
    Thank you! And thanks for the added information, great stuff. I take it all in.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good form. Would like to see you keep head neutral though. Also would like to see a bit more explosive.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Make rep 1 look like rep 2/3 and you're on the right path.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Make rep 1 look like rep 2/3 and you're on the right path.
    Got it!

LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kidfreeze,

Will we get to see a vid of 90 degree squats?

....and the deads looked fine.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Kidfreeze,

Will we get to see a vid of 90 degree squats?

....and the deads looked fine.
    I switched gears, again with my squat. I have long femurs and flexible with the squat, so only going 90 degrees felt like was cheating myself.

I was doing reading about the low bar squat, and found this video which was a gamer changer for me. Mike O'Hearn squats like this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EyfgOpAilM

LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50) LWW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I watched that vid, interestingly enough I've changed my style as well. I squat with a forward lean like that video but I always use high bar and a narrower stance. I can get right below parallel and power it back up.

It's working out nice.

I really haven't taken the time to find a place to host a video, I refuse to use youtube.