sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Buying a power cage... have some questions

What up fellas? My wife and I are in the process of turning our unfinished basement into a home gym and cancel our gym memberships. We picked out the Sole F63 for a treadmill because it had great reviews for a residential treadmill and a pretty decent warrant. My next task is picking out a power cage.

My most important question is related to rack height. I measured from the cement slab to the joists and got a measurement of 92". After researching heights most racks come at a height of 90" for a non-short rack. I don't think I will be able to fit it if I made the wood platform to bolt it on so I am assuming the only way to fit a standard rack in the basement is to anchor it to the floor (not thrilled about but will do if necessary).

Should I anchor it to the cement basement floor?

Will I even be able to do pull-ups on it being that close to the joists?

Should I settle for a short rack which seems to limit my options on what to buy?

If I settle on a short rack what exercises will if not allow me to do?

Next question is regarding which brand I should go with. I am not loaded by any means but will fork up extra cash to get a quality rack if need be. I am in between Rogue for my higher end, Rep Fitness for my middle end, and obviously Titan as my low end. Any solid recommendations on how to put my endless researching and deciding to rest? I am 6 feet tall if that matters. Have not worked out consistently in over 5 years and looking to get in real good shape and stick with it. I know a lot of people say to forget about accessories but I still feel like after I get through a starting strength type program, accessories can help for variety.

Thanks in advance

Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Options are find a rack that has a ladder type chin bar that angles up and turn it the other way around. I know some have took a couple of inches off the top but you need to be proficient to do this cleanly.

Other option have you considered a squat rack? Often cheaper used and still bomb proof. I used to bench and shoulder press no problems in one. Dips I would put 2 bars across the safeties. The only thing I had to do was rack chins over pull ups. You could always bolt a pull up bar to garage wall.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not all racks need to be bolted down. Look for a 3 post rack with plate storage. It won’t need to be bolted down and you can put your plates on it.
    If you buy rogue and decide that working out at home it not for you then you can easily sell it for nearly what you paid.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Not all racks need to be bolted down. Look for a 3 post rack with plate storage. It won’t need to be bolted down and you can put your plates on it.
    If you buy rogue and decide that working out at home it not for you then you can easily sell it for nearly what you paid.
    This and you can also get a flat foot rack, which doesn't need to be bolted down.

sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sanzz18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have my heart set on getting a power rack. I have looked at squat racks and half racks though. I am just trying to figure this height situation out mostly. How much headspace will I need to do a pull-up or should I just get that out of my head and get a second contraption for pullups?

kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sanzz18 View Post
    I have my heart set on getting a power rack. I have looked at squat racks and half racks though. I am just trying to figure this height situation out mostly. How much headspace will I need to do a pull-up or should I just get that out of my head and get a second contraption for pullups?
    I think you should consider the rep fitness PR 4000 rack. It can be configured for an 80" height, you can add weight storage (no need to bolt), you can choose the inside depth of the rack, and you can also add front foot stabilizers to the front, which would allow you press in front of the rack with safeties if the height is too low to do that inside the cage itself. I've only bought one product from them (a flat bench) but it's great and their prices are really reasonable (competitive).

I took a look at that rep fitness one you just suggested. Very intrigued. Looks like a quality rack. I like how you can add on weight storage to the back. I do not think you can do that with the rogue r3 right?? Keep the suggestions coming everyone lol I got like a week or so before I order one.
    Last edited by sanzz18; 09-29-2019 at 03:49 PM.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sanzz18,

I don't know anything about cages, but I've had the same treadmill, a Trimline 2200, for 23 years and I highly, highly, highly recommend getting an extended warranty .
    Last edited by supramax; 09-29-2019 at 03:46 PM.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Could you use a Rogue HR-2 with the pullup bar between joists?

I have a 92 x 92 HR-2 but I have a 100" ceiling.

The pullup bar can be set at 89", 87", 85" or 83".

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Sorry for getting back to everyone late. Just wanted to let you guys know what I ordered today and am very excited about. I ended up going with a Rogue RML-490 power rack, the rogue FID bench, Rogue echo bumper 230lb set (for now) with some york change plates. The bar I am starting off with is the CAP one everyone recommends as a budget barbell, I have it in my amazon cart waiting to see if i can snag it for less the $140 while I wait for all rogue equipment to ship. This barbell should get me through for awhile until I feel the Ohio power bar is necessary, plus I wouldn't mind having a few bars in the end anyways.

The Rogue RML-490 power rack is bolt together so I can lower the crossmembers a bit for pullups.

I am not into shopping and waiting for craigslist listings for weights plus there really isn't any in my area. I got the bumpers to help a little with the noise and keep the basement slab from getting damaged just in case as my wife did not feel like dealing with the smell of stall mats for weeks (got the foam interlocking ones even though I know they suck).

So yeah, I kinda splurged but would rather pay once and cry now. I kind of have a OCD for matching sh*t too. I know there was cheaper options for everything but this is what happened lol.

Registered User Remingtongauge2's Avatar
    Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm interested to see how it worked out man.