LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Posterior shoulder tear/tendinitis?

I had pain in the back of both of my shoulders for months but stupidly trained through it. Now I have terrible pain in my right shoulder. I have rested it for a month which did no good. I tried all kinds of rotator cuff exercises and stretches for another month and they make it much much worse. I have now been to the doc and he has sent me to a PT. I'm thinking the PT is just going to get me doing exercises that aggravate it again which I don't want. I guess I'm asking, can a shoulder heal on its own with just total rest? Everything I read seems to suggest not. Also, the pain started round the back, and has gradually come round to the side then front. Could that be a sign it's pointing more towards tendinitis rather than a tear. If the pain would allow me to lift I am still strong. Cheers.
    Last edited by LeeDrury1978; 09-27-2019 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Adding information.

RioDPax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had both shoulders scoped(3 cuts). Neither injury was caused by weight lifting. Cortisone shot helped for awhile, but eventually I had a MRI. That's the only way to know if there's a problem inside. You're right about the PT. After both surgeries I went to them once just to appease the Doctor. Then I went about business as usual at my own pace. Worked out find, although it took a few months to heal.