altisimo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can anybody help me? Please...

Im a 23 year old full time college student, new dad, and full time worker. Im 6’2” and weigh 225lbs(101.4kilos) I need to loose weight but a healthy diet and a gym membership are hard to afford when supporting my wife a newborn and my brother in law all on my income. I work at a call center. I need to loose weight and need help finding a diet that works for me. Im Of latino heritage if that would help. Im trying to weigh less then 200lbs.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Planet fitness is like $10 a month? I'm pretty sure you can afford that if it's near your area. Other gyms are around $20 a month.
    Losing weight is a lot easier on a budget than gaining weight. My grocery bill went down significantly simply because i eat a lot less these days.

In terms of a diet, simply eat a 500 calorie deficit a day and try to avoid junk food/sugary drinks etc.
    And even if you really can't afford a gym, cardio is the best way to lose weight. So just go jogging, buy a $3 jumprope and skip rope, do bodyweight exercises or ride your bicycle everyday.
    Counting your calories on myfitnesspal and a proper diet is the most important.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The overall process goal in fat loss is to get the nutrients you need and enjoy as much satiety as possible while keeping your energy consumption lower than your energy expenditure. Here are some general tips to help with that:

1) Eat fruit and vegetables. These are generally relatively cheap and have a low ratio of calories per pound.
    2) Eat starchy foods. These contribute a lot of bulk to your meals, which helps to create and keep a sense of fullness.
    3) Drink water. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and especially drink water before and after each meal. Sometimes, appetite is produced by dehydration rather than hunger, and water fills space in the stomach without adding energy.
    4) Consume lean meat. Protein is good for you and it burns a fair amount of energy for your body to break down and uptake protein.
    5) Minimise added fat and sugar in food. There are low fat and low sugar alternatives to a lot of our favourites (eg Coke Zero). While dietary fat and sugar don't directly make you fat, they both tend to contribute a lot of energy without being especially filling.

Just doing the above will land you in the "commonsense diet." To go beyond that, read the stickies about macros and tracking food consumption.

Exercise-wise, anything is better than nothing. A 5 minute walk is better than a 0 minute walk. Going to the gym and spending 15 min doing each machine in the circuit line once is better than not going to the gym at all (if you go to the gym at all). Spending 10min doing bodyweight exercises at home before/after work is better than no training at all.

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like mentioned, I'm sure you can find a gym membership that is cheap and affordable. And as for healthy eating, set aside a budget and buy protein, veggies, fruits in bulk. Prep for the week. That's the easiest way to start. I'm sure you can set aside one day a week to prep your meals to keep yourself accountable. Also, find a workout program and stick to it. Consistency is key.
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

LVBodybuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by altisimo View Post
    Im a 23 year old full time college student, new dad, and full time worker. Im 6’2” and weigh 225lbs(101.4kilos) I need to loose weight but a healthy diet and a gym membership are hard to afford when supporting my wife a newborn and my brother in law all on my income. I work at a call center. I need to loose weight and need help finding a diet that works for me. Im Of latino heritage if that would help. Im trying to weigh less then 200lbs.
    If you want a diet that is RIDICULOUSLY easy to follow and absolutely shows results? Look into intermittent fasting.

The basic premise is that after 12 hours of not eating, you are in a fasted state and will begin burning body fat for fuel
    - The longer that you remain in that state, to an extent, the more body fat you will burn
    - I have personally found that consuming all of my calories within an 8-hour window worked best for me
    - You want to try to keep the same 8-hour window every day
    - For those that struggle with limiting their eating to 8 hours per day at first, try 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, and 8 hours per day, 3 days per week to start working towards the 8 hour per day goal
    - I counted no calories, EVER
    - The only macro I cared about was my protein intake, make sure that it is around 1.4ish grams per lb of lean body weight (if you don't know how to figure this out, ask, it's VERY important)
    - I focused on making good dietary decisions without being militant about it. If I wanted something sweet and I had a protein bar lying around, I'd prbly eat that. That said, if I found myself out w coworkers that wanted to go to a bar and grill for lunch, as long as it was in my window, I didn't stress out about what dietary decisions I might make
    - I made having a cheat day a focus. If I made it through six 8-hour fasting days, I'd allow myself a day to eat anything, anytime. I believe that it was a huge reason why I was so successful in the beginning, however, I also think that there is a lot to be said for occasionally resetting your metabolism
    - I NEVER did cardio outside of the occasional warm-up. I'm likely going to get bashed for this statement, but I just don't believe in it. In fact, I believe that it can be detrimental to your goals, depending on what they may be.

Following these principles, @43/44 yrs old I have brought my weight from 216 LBS, a 41" waist and 31% BF to 173.6 LBS, a 33" waist and 11.57% BF

FYI, I have worked in and managed call centers since 2003...
    Be Savage, Not Average!
    Nihil Timendum Est - Fear Nothing!
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LVBodybuilder View Post
    If you want a diet that is RIDICULOUSLY easy to follow and absolutely shows results? Look into intermittent fasting.

The basic premise is that after 12 hours of not eating, you are in a fasted state and will begin burning body fat for fuel
    - The longer that you remain in that state, to an extent, the more body fat you will burn
    - I have personally found that consuming all of my calories within an 8-hour window worked best for me
    - You want to try to keep the same 8-hour window every day
    - For those that struggle with limiting their eating to 8 hours per day at first, try 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, and 8 hours per day, 3 days per week to start working towards the 8 hour per day goal
    - I counted no calories, EVER
    There is NOTHING magical about IF.

It does not provide a magic fat burn. What is does do is, by limiting the eating window, help SOME people eat less. Period, that's it.

To lose weight you must consistently eat fewer calories/energy than you burn. Period.

LVBodybuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    There is NOTHING magical about IF.

It does not provide a magic fat burn. What is does do is, by limiting the eating window, help SOME people eat less. Period, that's it.

To lose weight you must consistently eat fewer calories/energy than you burn. Period.
    The whole caloric deficiency being mandatory for weight loss to take place is antiquated thinking but to each his own. Plus, for those die-hard, caloric deficiency guys, it's kinda hard to blow your daily caloric intake too bad as long you are measuring your protein intake unless you're trying to get all your protein out of McDonalds and Wendy's...
    Last edited by LVBodybuilder; 09-25-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Be Savage, Not Average!
    Nihil Timendum Est - Fear Nothing!
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The whole caloric deficiency being mandatory for weight loss to take place is antiquated thinking but to each his own. Plus, for those die-hard, caloric deficiency guys, it's kinda hard to blow your daily caloric intake too bad as long you are measuring your protein intake unless you're trying to get all your protein out of McDonalds and Wendy's...
    Yea I suppose basic thermodynamics is fairly antiquated. Same with gravity. I suppose you can find me a study where people using IF and eating in a known caloric surplus lost weight though.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Of course a calorie deficit is mandatory for weight loss. IF is one method that can help create a calorie deficit (be it by reducing the overall energy consumption by removing entire meals from the diet, increasing energy expenditure, or both), and one that I am personally favourable towards, but it still works for weight loss by creating a calorie deficit.

Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100) Freaka11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    No doubt, diet plays an important role to manage weight, but I would say -you have to put extra efforts to maintain your weight. Join any gym or start with simple exercises at home. It will be good if you start doing Yoga for 15-20 mins daily. But keep it regular if you want good results . Good luck