Thread: No Progress

AM1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No Progress

I've been working out for about a month now. I was (am still) skinny fat. I had a little fat on my stomach and love handles, and a lot of fat on my legs. I started puberty so I should be able to gain muscle. I also have puffy nipples

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AM1235 View Post
    I've been working out for about a month now. I was (am still) skinny fat. I had a little fat on my stomach and love handles, and a lot of fat on my legs. I started puberty so I should be able to gain muscle. I also have puffy nipples
    Is there a question here?

AM1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What can I do to improve my physique

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What can I do to improve my physique
    Work out more than a month, to start with. ;-)

If you did EVERYTHING right (workout, nutrition, rest) you might have gained 2 pounds of muscle in a month. Yea, it's a slow process.

What, exactly, is your workout?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You aren't going to make some sort of radical body composition change in a month, especially if you aren't at an unhealthy weight.

Your best bet is to find a proper lifting program like Fierce 5 or Starting Strength. And increase your calories a bit.
    Currently: traveling + MA Forensic Psych
    Current reading: Carl Rogers, Martin Heidegger

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Albania 2021, Scotland 2021

My workout starts with various types of curls, then it goes to pushups and diamond pushups, some with weight vests. Then it goes to chin ups and pull ups.
    My leg workout consists of mostly squats, and some calf raises and lunges.
    I have a rest day everyday after the first workout, and sometimes that would be replaced with my leg workout. I also do HIIT sometimes on the rest days. Ill go more in detail if you ask.
    Should I bulk to gain muscle or cut to lose the bit of leg fat and stomach fat I have?

My chest may or not may have grown very slightly. The problem is that I have puffy nipples due to a hormone imbalance, so it looks more like fat than muscle

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Better if you don't self diagnose yourself with "hormone imbalances". Just follow a well known lifting routine like Fierce 5, eat sensible wholefood meals with protein rich food choices like meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, fruit and vegetables.

Do this for a long period of time.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Better if you don't self diagnose yourself with "hormone imbalances". Just follow a well known lifting routine like Fierce 5, eat sensible wholefood meals with protein rich food choices like meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, fruit and vegetables.

Do this for a long period of time.
    I haven't had morning wood in a very long time. I am eating clean with a good amount of protein and dietary fat.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    See your doctor if you are concerned. He/she can diagnose - nobody here can advise on these matters.

fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitfanatic93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah you have to give it more time and be patient with it. Set your goals and in a few years you could reach the physique you want at a young age. Nothing beats hard work.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    See your doctor if you are concerned. He/she can diagnose - nobody here can advise on these matters.
    Should I just tell my doctor that I think I have low T and tell him my symptoms? I have a checkup in a few months so I will wait.

Should I just tell my doctor that I think I have low T and tell him my symptoms? I have a checkup in a few months so I will wait.
    Yes.

What is your age, height, weight?

13, 5' 8", and about 122

What can I do if I only have 1 dumbbell, not 2? I only have one. It means I can't do lateral raises and other exercises like that. Would I just be able to do each arm seperately, or would I need to do something else?

bump

What can I do if I only have 1 dumbbell, not 2? I only have one. It means I can't do lateral raises and other exercises like that. Would I just be able to do each arm seperately, or would I need to do something else?
    Select 1:

- Buy enough equipment to have a decent weight workout at home
    - Use your school's weight room
    - Get Mom or Dad to let you join a gym
    - just do a body weight workout (push ups, pull ups, single leg squats, lunges...)