MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Minor knee injury!

Around 2 weeks ago I seemed to sutain a minor knee injury. It's one of those where it didn't hurt at the time so I can't be absolute certain what caused it, but I think it was from doing heavy barbell shrugs and my knees were locked out.

It isn't painful, it would even be a stretch to call it an "ache" - it more feels as though it's swollen (even though it isn't) and I can feel it isn't 100% right.

It isn't affecting my normal activity in any way, but I've rested it for 2 weeks and not trained my legs, but it feels exactly the same.

I'm wondering what to do next. I'm tempted just to get back on with training my legs and see how it goes. But another part of me is saying to rest it for another week or two and review then.

I'm also wondering how to avoid it in the future, since heavy shrugs with bent knees are likely to put a lot of strain on the hams and lower back.

Please let me know your thoughts. Also it's not as simple as visiting the doctor because I'm in the UK and getting a doctor's appointment where I live is nigh on impossible at the moment!

Thanks,
    Donkeyno9: Don't think you're the only one here who suffers from addiction, depression and failure. Winner is an attitude not a body type. Use your inner demons to gain an iron fist on the forces in life that hold you down. Step into the furnace of reality and walk out a hard ass mother fu....

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    Around 2 weeks ago I seemed to sutain a minor knee injury. It's one of those where it didn't hurt at the time so I can't be absolute certain what caused it, but I think it was from doing heavy barbell shrugs and my knees were locked out.

It isn't painful, it would even be a stretch to call it an "ache" - it more feels as though it's swollen (even though it isn't) and I can feel it isn't 100% right.

It isn't affecting my normal activity in any way, but I've rested it for 2 weeks and not trained my legs, but it feels exactly the same.

I'm wondering what to do next. I'm tempted just to get back on with training my legs and see how it goes. But another part of me is saying to rest it for another week or two and review then.

I'm also wondering how to avoid it in the future, since heavy shrugs with bent knees are likely to put a lot of strain on the hams and lower back.

Please let me know your thoughts. Also it's not as simple as visiting the doctor because I'm in the UK and getting a doctor's appointment where I live is nigh on impossible at the moment!

Thanks,
    I had a bad knee twist in hockey this past winter, I fell hard, I toughed it out because it did not seem all that bad...and finished the game...which probably was a bad idea, continuing to play may have made the recovery longer, in the weeks after it got progressively worse as I continued to do some work in the weight room..another bad idea.

I would rest it and do the Ice/heat NSAID thing for a week or two and see what happens.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You just have to go on your own then and see what irritates it and what doesn't using common sense.
    No but yourself knows how serious your injury is.
    If it doesn't get better then you probably have a more serious issue.
    If it does get better then as you've already done don't do what caused your issue in the first place.

michaeljonnes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A knee injury even a minor one it is better to finish the cure. Then there may be complications. I was getting fluid. It is unpleasant and long. So fully recover

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mr.

Knee injuries will haunt you forever if you don't completely mend them. The following exercises fix severe runners' knee and the dreaded lotus knee.

Do these exercises at least once everyday. The last two can be done sitting at a computer and lying in bed. Before you get out of bed in the morning is the perfect time.

Standing Leg Lifts: Stand with your back against the wall. Lift one leg up as high as you can with the knee straight. Hold for five seconds, then bend your knee to relax, hold for five seconds. Straighten your leg again, and do five of these before switching to the other leg. Over time, see if you can build up to ten seconds.

Foot Turns: Lie down or sit in a chair and stretch both legs out, knees straight and feet pointed up toward the knees. Tighten your thigh muscles and turn your feet out as far as you can, holding for ten seconds. Now turn your feet in as far as you can and hold for ten seconds, keeping your thigh muscles tight for the entire exercise. Do three of these sets.

Foot Press: Either sitting or lying down, put one foot on top of the other and pull up with your lower foot as you push down with the upper foot. Hold that for ten seconds, and then switch feet and repeat. Try five sets of these.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I rested my knee for almost 5 weeks doing just light exercise such as walking or 10 minutes on a bike with no resistance. After 5 weeks it still wasn't 100%. It's not painful but I can feel it's not quite right - I think in day to day life I wouldn't give it a second thought but because I'm lifting I'm paranoid about my joints. Anyway, I trained legs yesterday for the first time using 30% less weight than I would normally. Today the knee doesn't feel any worse, so I will have to see how it goes.
    Donkeyno9: Don't think you're the only one here who suffers from addiction, depression and failure. Winner is an attitude not a body type. Use your inner demons to gain an iron fist on the forces in life that hold you down. Step into the furnace of reality and walk out a hard ass mother fu....