mohamadibrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

not building muscle as fast as i should be

hello,
    so my story is i started working out like couple of years ago but i was fat and i didn't want to build muscles i just wanted to lost fat so i didn't know what i was doing nor my nutrition was correct. long story short i lost some fat but also some muscles but love handles remained in my belly
    after that i thought let me fix some things and i changed my nutrition and my workout, i got a coach to train me and my nutrition is like this:

Breakfast:
    4-5 egg whites with oat bread,1 glass of milk

snack 1:
    10-20 almonds or any type of nuts

lunch:
    250grams of protein( like fish,chicken,red meat) or 2cups of beans
    270grams of baked potato or 1 cup of rice
    salad

snack 2: this is a pre workout snack
    1 tablespoon peanut butter with 1 fruit

workout for 45min-1h

post workout meal:
    200-250grams of protein like chicken or tuna with 1/2 cup of rice

and that's it.
    i was still have fat in me but i was able to build 2.5kg of muscles in about 4-5months, not that much i know but i felt proud and happy

after that i got sick like really really sick food poisoning, and my immune system wasen't that good so i dropped back the muscles i've packed.
    i stopped like couple of months because of getting sick then i worked out again but not that serious like before so just working out normally.
    i was able to pack some muscle back but like 0.5kg only in like 2months

now its been like 3months since i went back with the same coach(packed like 0.8kg of muscles in 2months), the same meal plan but i've added whey protein post workout with fruit and then the dinner, and everything but i feel like i'm not packing the same amount as fast as before why? what should i do? why am i not getting the same amount as before and how can i accelerate the process?
    some people transform their whole body in a year and others can pack a lot of muscles in a year i'm not able to do so even though my nutrition is great(i only eat lean food i don't eat fast food at all, nor chocolates or beverages, i drink 3-4L of water everyday)

PS: i'm working with high intensity to build muscles, not repeating the same workout, every week is a new thing and i'm eating well so what's the reason?

hope you can help me

akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000) akghostrider is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Overcomplicating a simple thing.
    2. Not eating enough.
    Eat heavy and lift peanut butter

beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beowulf359 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mohamadibrah View Post
    )
    PS: i'm working with high intensity to build muscles, not repeating the same workout, every week is a new thing and i'm eating well so what's the reason?

hope you can help me
    i think your problem is with your training plan (or lack thereof). Changing your workout every week is a bad idea and will cause you to spin your wheels. Progression is key to building muscle and this won’t happen if you are switching to new exercises all the time. I would recommend you start doing a beginner program as there are lots of well documented ones out there. Find one that you think you can stick to and follow it.

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What sport are you training for? Might have more luck with responses in a different section. Anyhow, give the Westside For Skinny Bastards program a read (WS4SBv3) - each of the three, evolving versions. You'll see the development of a program based on the conjugate method geared towards HS athletes (basically novice to intermediate lifters). Then take a look at the nutritional information elsewhere on this site. To build muscle you need to eat enough and rest enough besides lifting heavy. Random programming won't get you there. As far as programming, random workouts or extreme variation isn't going to meet your goals, neither is running the same workout without variation over the long term. In novice programs you'll notice a lack of variation in that you're running the same workout (or same two workouts) week after week after week. This will work well while you're a novice. Eventually you'll stall out on this which is where you switch to a more intermediate program. This is where a program based on Louie Simmons (owner of Westside Barbell) conjugate method comes in. If you read Louie's work you'll see how it was developed for powerlifting. His ideas however have become a part of a lot of sports training programs of which Joe DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards is probably the best known. That program is geared more towards athletes in general. My son, who's a college football player and thrower follows a program similar to Westside but is geared towards his sports, his state of development, and the periodization needed for his competition cycle.