Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Getting my squat out of the bin

Let's talk squat. My squat. I need some help with getting my squat out of the bin. I am a 23 year old male, weighing 98-99kg. I managed to hit 190kg in February of this year, then I hit it in competition in May. I then failed it in competition in end of July, right now I believe my max to be around 180kg. It is by far my worst lift and if I don't squat at least twice a week it goes down I currently squat high bar but am playing around with low bar atm.

I'm not really sure what to do programming wise with my squat. I am currently running Canditos linear program but have run this before and am losing motivation. I am thinking of testing where my max is this week and then running the mesocycle part of smolov. Then moving onto something else from there. Or I may run Madcows 5x5 until I stall, or I'm tempted to run the 6 week Russian squat program which got me to my 190kg squat earlier in the year. Basically, my lower body strength is poor and needs improving. My best bench is 152.5kg, whereas for squat and dead it is 190kg and 220kg respectively. I do my own programming for bench and it is progressing well, but I am out of ideas for getting my squat and deadlift to move. Anyone got any bright ideas? I'd really appreciate it

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The 1st thing you'll want to do is post videos of your squats. Preferably, you'll want to post videos of your competitions squats where you made and missed 190 kg. Then we can analyze your technique and go from there.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamg8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    The 1st thing you'll want to do is post videos of your squats. Preferably, you'll want to post videos of your competitions squats where you made and missed 190 kg. Then we can analyze your technique and go from there.
    I don't have any videos of my comp lifts unfortunately, but I can try and video my next squats. I have identified my weak areas to be upper back, core and quads. Would madcows be a good program to run now? Or too little volume? As it includes bent over rows as a main movement which would help strengthen my upper back.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Adamg8 View Post
    I don't have any videos of my comp lifts unfortunately, but I can try and video my next squats. I have identified my weak areas to be upper back, core and quads. Would madcows be a good program to run now? Or too little volume? As it includes bent over rows as a main movement which would help strengthen my upper back.
    I always look at technique first. The weak area could be technique and not a specific muscle. I then look at the weak ROM in the competition lift and think about a close variation that could improve that. Identifying a specific weak muscle is low on the list or non-existent. A good program to run now would also be dependent on what you've been doing and what you're willing to consistently commit to for the next 1-3 years.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100) VIshvamithra is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hips hips hips