tytilghman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Enough Is Enough

For many years, I've struggled with my health and appearance.
    In 2016, I managed to lose 60lbs (I was on leave for a few months).
    I was working out sometimes twice a day; mixing strength training, yoga and kickboxing.
    Upon my return to work in 2017, old habits kicked in and I pretty much gained all the weight back.

2018: I quit cigarettes and partying, ended a 1.5 year toxic relationship, quit my job of 8 years and started a new one that is very sedentary.

Long story short - I gained nearly 100lbs and am the heaviest I have ever been.

I've been having a pretty bad week and my self-esteem and confidence have been taking a hit as well.
    I can't do this anymore.
    I can't do the "this year is my year" BS mantra but not make any changes or stay consistent.

In the past I followed workout plans here, but when they started to charge I was like no thanks.

I've been prioritizing all the wrong things and this time I want to give it a dedicated, honest chance.

I signed up for All Access and on Monday I will start the Fyr program.
    To be honest, it seems very intimidating, but I want to try it.

I'll look for my measuring tape and add that to my profile.

If anyone has any advice, tips, constructive criticism, words of empowerment - I'll take it.

Thanks in advance.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you've gained that much weight you may want to focus more on diet (significantly less calories) at this stage, since I would guess that's where the problem is. If your diet isn't in order at all, your workout routine won't have much of an impact.

And you don't need to pay for a decent workout routine. You could just do cardio if you wanted. A beginner weights routine is good too. Or both. Just do whatever program you choose - Fyr or anything else - consistently, rather than on again and off again.

Once you get in the habit of eating less and workout out, it'll become part of your daily routine and the results will follow.

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tytilghman View Post
    For many years, I've struggled with my health and appearance.
    In 2016, I managed to lose 60lbs (I was on leave for a few months).
    I was working out sometimes twice a day; mixing strength training, yoga and kickboxing.
    Upon my return to work in 2017, old habits kicked in and I pretty much gained all the weight back.

2018: I quit cigarettes and partying, ended a 1.5 year toxic relationship, quit my job of 8 years and started a new one that is very sedentary.

Long story short - I gained nearly 100lbs and am the heaviest I have ever been.

I've been having a pretty bad week and my self-esteem and confidence have been taking a hit as well.
    I can't do this anymore.
    I can't do the "this year is my year" BS mantra but not make any changes or stay consistent.

In the past I followed workout plans here, but when they started to charge I was like no thanks.

I've been prioritizing all the wrong things and this time I want to give it a dedicated, honest chance.

I signed up for All Access and on Monday I will start the Fyr program.
    To be honest, it seems very intimidating, but I want to try it.

I'll look for my measuring tape and add that to my profile.

If anyone has any advice, tips, constructive criticism, words of empowerment - I'll take it.

Thanks in advance.
    It's been a month now. How are you doing?
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you