estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not a cut - my transformation

Hi guys and girls.

Decided to go with my own log here, because i have seen some truly inspiring logs and characters in this board. Lots of support going on. Unlike some other fitness and weight loss boards, this feels rather more like a team.

So, i'm 33 yrs old, 6.3feet tall and my current weight is 303.3lbs.
    Since mit last year i've lost around
    My TEE at 4x working out per week is around 3.400kcal.

My typical issue is to snack a lot and to overeat during meals, while having a desk job with lots of business travels (60-70% of the time) where i don't usually get to choose what to eat.
    During the last 12 months, i've been on and off almost everything out there. I started CICO, then KETO, then CICO, then IF, then KETO, then IF, then OMAD. I lost 35 pounds this year with IF and OMAD.
    Typically, my daily calorie intake is around 1.500kcal and below 70g of protein.

You can see, there's a lot of inconsistency. This is because i get insecure quite quickly.
    In the last 4 weeks i've started lifting weights quite intensively. I have been doing it in my early 20's and it feels like coming home. I enjoy lifting iron...
    But ever since then, my weight is rock-solid at 303.

Again - insecurity. What's happening? I tried upping my protein intake and lost a few lbs, but re-gained them. I'm working my ass off and nothing is happening anymore. Wanted to crack the 290lbs this month so bad.

So, i'm going to be an open book. Revealing everything i do, eat, train... In a sincere hope that you guys can help me, motivate me to keep strong and focused and do the right things. I'd be so glad.

Let's start with today.

Didn't sleep a whole lot. Like 5 1/2 hrs. My usual duration is like 6-7 hrs.
    Still, hit the Gym at 7AM for my Push day. Had 2 BiFi bars before

Barbell Squats - 5x6-8 reps @60kg + barbell bar.
    Bench press - 3x6-8 reps @40kg + barbell bar
    Lying down flys - 4x8 reps @12kg per dumbell
    Shoulder press 3x8-10 reps @20kg + barbell at Smith machine
    Lateral raises 3x10-12 reps @12kg
    Dip machine 3x8 reps @105kg

Takes me around 50-65 mins, depending on my pauses. I do 4 workhouts per week + 2x running for 1,8 miles (slow, with a lot of pauses...) and have 1 rest day.

Had 1 BiFi bar + 70g of Whey Isolate afterwards.

Planning to have around 300-400g of chicken for lunch, plus some small amount of ketchup.

This will put me at around 1300kcal today, 2g net carbs, 174g protein and 44g of fat.

What i need your help with: What kind of diet do i really need to go for? I really want to go Keto, but my diary and travels make it so hard to stick to... Also, when Keto, i tend to eat a whole lot more protein than advised. I don't really want to rely on advices of people in keto boards... these guys tend to be really dogmatic about thinks and have an almost philosophical approach to what the body does.
    Then again, i'm unsure if i shouldn't be having 250g of protein per day for 2g/kg protein consumption like advised in so many areas.
    Last edited by estikei; 09-12-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can get a slight inflammation in your muscles while they are repairing themselves from heavy lifting, and that adds water weight in which there can be huge fluctuations. Try to stay consistent, for me the most simple way is to track calories and make sure I get enough protein. I know many disagree with this but I'm fairly sure that keto and heavy lifting don't mix on the long term, keto is rather for inactive people or short term. You need to stick to a plan for long term, CICO is simplest.
    “Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.”

― James Corbett

estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, Tigress. Why do you think Keto and lifting don’t mix?
    Looking at Thomas De Lauer, he does alright.

My problem is : my TEE is supposed to be at 3.400 or 3.000kcal, depending on which formula is being used. At 1500kcal OMAD per day, I should be losing much more weight. But now, I’m not losing anything at all. It’s like my body doesn’t want to do it anymore.
    Today I had 1300-1400kcal (I didn’t measure the fat I used to cook).

Should I really be eating more??
    Last edited by estikei; 09-12-2019 at 01:47 PM.

So, i weighed in today at 303.4 LBS. Didn't lose anything this week, in fact gained 1 1/2 lbs.
    My smart scale shows a 2% increase in water, but i know how accurate these things are.
    So, yea... a bit clueless.

Time for some good old denial and stubbornness.... to just keep doing what it do.

Hi,

quick update from my end.
    Had a good recovery over the weekend with 2 days off. Last activity I did was running 5km on Friday late.
    Then, Saturday i took a complete cheat day and had around 3.100kcal.
    Weighed in at +2kg Sunday and +0,5kg today

Also, since last Friday I'm supplementing with creatine additionally to my use of Whey Protein. I had some tremendous success with Creatine 10 years ago, so i figured i just do it from the start this time.
    Diet-wise, i'm going to be PSMF from here on out. ~900kcal is what i'll be shooting for to cover my calculated protein demand.

Had a good workout this morning, my push day

Dip Machine 4x8 @105kg
    Barbell Bench Press 40x4, 40x4, 20x8,20x8
    Barbell Squat 4x8 @40kg
    Dumbbell Flyes 4x8 @12kg
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press 4x8 @20kg
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises 4x8 @10kg
    Leg Raises 4x12

So far, today i had some good steak and chicken, coming in at 136g of protein, 14g of fat and 2g of carbs.
    I'll cover 50 more grams of protein this evening. Either through some quark or whey protein. Will depend on my level of satiety.