jackotheclown is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My workout form videos. Want some "pro's" advice ;)

Hey lads, I wanted to post some of my videos working out, to see if I'm on the right track and my form is good etc.. I posted them all as unlisted on youtube, if you have a minute and wanna help a skinny guy out, let me know your thoughts!

Squats from left side - htt ps://youtu.be/Vy0fKbykiSM
    Squats from right side - htt ps://youtu.be/UdvrS5iMQJg
    Squats from behind - htt ps://youtu.be/3eNl-bvphuo
    Weighted Chin Ups - htt ps://youtu.be/Ef8y1DOZtwY
    Overhead Press from back - htt ps://youtu.be/3sKgeHmIPfg
    Overhead Press from side - htt ps://youtu.be/rYDVUEZbhs8
    Deadlift - htt ps://youtu.be/RcNIcdGbUJc

Remove spaces to see the vids.

- Jack

blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Okays, on left side squats video, bar placement is too high for you, so whenever you attempt to come out the hole, the bar path shifts forward and going past your toes. You want the bar path to be going down and up on top of your midfoot at all times. Place the bar lower and down to between your shoulder and traps. You should literally see the bar right above the level of your shoulders when setting up on the rack. I really don't advocate for thumbless grip on high bar squats, only for low bar. But if that's what you want then keep using it for high bar.

On right side and back side squat video, your heels are coming off the floor. This is most likely due to bar being too far forward coming back up from the bottom making weight is pulling you forward and off your heels as you lock out. It should be better once you lower the bar placement so the weight is better distributed on your feet. I can't say for sure since there's a shirt, but it looks like you're hyper extending your lower back on the way up. You might want to try the cue of "ribs down" and pulling the bar into you while pushing your spine up into the bar after you lower the bar placement, and see how that works for you. Also don't forget to inhale air into your core, pushing your abs and obliques out, then tighten it down to brace before each rep.

With chin ups, contract your glutes, and quads, slightly round your lower back to engage your core to prevent your legs from moving too much and to prevent energy leaks.

OHP from back, doesn't look too bad, but you need to engage your glutes and legs especially once you start putting on more weight for more stability.

OHP from side, the bar path is curving outwards, you need to do it with either a straight bar path or back and in similar to the J bar path as bench press.

For deadlifts, IF you were doing sumo deadlifts that way, it would be a great job. But, since it's conventional deadlift, it's not the same. What you want to do for conventional deadlifts is to leg press the barbell off the floor up to your knees and then lock out your hips, knees, and back together. What you're doing now, you're locking out your knees too early and then you locked out your hips after making it more similar to stiff leg deadlifts or good mornings. Also, I noticed your heels just slightly leaves the floor between reps. What it could be is you're not completely shifting your weight back. And each time you initiate the deadlift, I can hear the "clank", it means you're not pulling out the slack.