Thread: Hip pain.....

StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000)

Hip pain.....

I've had a lot of shoulder problems in recent years, so I suspect my joints are overall trash but several weeks ago I noticed my left hip was feeling like **** and I thought perhaps I was a bit overtrained. This coincided with my parents coming to visit so I took a week off. Went back to it and a shoulder issue flared up. So I stopped everything for 2-3 weeks. Saw orthopedic shoulder bursitis. Fine. Whatever.

I started to do squats again. Left hip still felt like ****. Figured it was just readjustment stuff from the minor layoff. It should work itself out in a couple sessions. No..

My hip pain is only in the left hip. When I do body weight squats I dont notice it. When I have 95lbs, perhaps even an empty bar on my back I do notice it. I'm paranoid at this point that I could have femeral acetabulum impingement, because it doesnt feel bad except when squatting against resistance. Im in the middle of changing jobs so medical insurance is up in the air. I think its been a good 4-6 weeks since I originally noticed hip irritation. What else can it be?
    "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you." —Bane

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StillbornSoul View Post
    I've had a lot of shoulder problems in recent years, so I suspect my joints are overall trash but several weeks ago I noticed my left hip was feeling like **** and I thought perhaps I was a bit overtrained. This coincided with my parents coming to visit so I took a week off. Went back to it and a shoulder issue flared up. So I stopped everything for 2-3 weeks. Saw orthopedic shoulder bursitis. Fine. Whatever.

I started to do squats again. Left hip still felt like ****. Figured it was just readjustment stuff from the minor layoff. It should work itself out in a couple sessions. No..

My hip pain is only in the left hip. When I do body weight squats I dont notice it. When I have 95lbs, perhaps even an empty bar on my back I do notice it. I'm paranoid at this point that I could have femeral acetabulum impingement, because it doesnt feel bad except when squatting against resistance. Im in the middle of changing jobs so medical insurance is up in the air. I think its been a good 4-6 weeks since I originally noticed hip irritation. What else can it be?
    If you suspect you may have a torn labrum or other serious injury, then you should absolutely see a doctor and perhaps get an MRI.

I suffered a labral tear years ago. I was stupid enough to continue squatting and deadlifting until I was borderline crippled, and the pain was horrific and constant. It still nags me to this day, even though I am able to squat and deadlift heavy with it again. They are absolutely no joke. If you have a tear, you could be making it worse. Believe me that's the last thing you want. Or you may have something equally as serious.

I strongly suggest you stop the pain triggers and go seek a diagnosis as soon as you can since it has been several weeks. This is common sense really.
    Last edited by ProgrammerHunch; 09-12-2019 at 12:07 AM.

StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ProgrammerHunch View Post
    If you suspect you may have a torn labrum or other serious injury, then you should absolutely see a doctor and perhaps get an MRI.

I suffered a labral tear years ago. I was stupid enough to continue squatting and deadlifting until I was borderline crippled, and the pain was horrific and constant. It still nags me to this day, even though I am able to squat and deadlift heavy with it again. They are absolutely no joke. If you have a tear, you could be making it worse. Believe me that's the last thing you want. Or you may have something equally as serious.

I strongly suggest you stop the pain triggers and go seek a diagnosis as soon as you can since it has been several weeks. This is common sense really.
    I know, but of course this is happening right in the middle of switching two jobs. I was gonna wait 8 weeks or so for my shoulder bursitis to heal and hopefully by then whatever is wrong with my hip resolves. If it doesnt by then, I know Im screwed.
    "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you." —Bane