KillJoy90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Mixing bodybuilding with boxing

Hello,

I plan to start boxing, the problem is that i already do weight lifting 3 times a week and plan to continue at least twice a week.
    So my routine will be something like

Monday: Boxing

Tuesday: Weight lifting - Full body

Wednesday: Boxing

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Weight lifting - Full body

Sunday: Rest

Would that routine be effective? Should i palce weight lifting session differently through the week? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KillJoy90 View Post
    Would that routine be effective? Should i palce weight lifting session differently through the week? Any other suggestions?
    How effective it is will depend on what exactly you're doing in your workouts and what your overall goals are, but 2 days full body sounds ok if you're doing boxing too. You likely can handle another day of either boxing or weightlifting depending on what you want to focus on, but if you really want 3 days of rest then you may want to move Wed's boxing to Thurs.

jackotheclown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say do the lifting on Tuesday and Thursday. You shouldn't need to rest between the boxing days and lifting as boxing is cardio essentially. I do the same with rock climbing.

KillJoy90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the answers.

I forgot to say that i cannot change the boxing days, only the lifting. Also i already have something on thursday and cannot train this day

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don’t have to reduce the number of days you lift. Just balance it out. Your body will adapt to the physical activity.

I climb trees for a living. Tree service. It is taxing on the body but I also lift 6 days a week.

I know other people have done martial arts or boxed and did bodybuilding too.
    Last edited by health4life24; 09-12-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) air2fakie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KillJoy90 View Post
    I forgot to say that i cannot change the boxing days, only the lifting. Also i already have something on thursday and cannot train this day
    In that case consider doing Tu, Fri and Sun weights so you can keep your current weights routine or something close to it. You prob don't need those 2 consecutive Th/Fri rest days in a row.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's actually a pair of books about this issue

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barb.../dp/B01G195QU2

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barb.../dp/B0143HDCWS

It's aimed at law enforcement, military, MMA, boxers etc. If you buy both I think Amazon really discounts the second one as they are a pair
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Back on the diet :(