TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TopHeavyMirin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Why you are not progressing as a beginner.

Hey all im writing this article with the help of a couple of my friends, we have all learned valuble lessons on why sometimes our progress has stopped in the gym. Maybye its your bench press stalling, your deadlift wont increase... or worse... your biceps wont grow! This idea will mostly be focused on beginners since most intermediate lifters know what theyre doing, thats how they became intermediate in the first place! There are two neglected factors of your training... nutrition and sleep. You are probably thinking to yourself "this is just some basic advice this guy dosnt have the secret to why my arms wont grow!". Well you might be right, it is basic advice, but its good advice.

Nutrition
    Food is something that lots of beginners neglect. Yeah you drink a protein shake everyday and "eat a lot", but the question you should be asking yourself is "am I really eating properly?". If you are constantly putting on muscle and all your lifts are going up you are probably eating enough, but if you find yourself barely increasing your lifts and barely overloading on your workouts... 99% of the time your nutrition is being neglected. Lots of fitness youtube channels make videos on "crazy chest workouts" and "grow your biceps by 2inches today!". We all love to watch this videos, everybody likes working out but rarely anybody enjoying shoving food into their mouth day to day just to get their caloric surplus.
    For skinny beginners, this is where you gains get their fuel. "The easy part is the training, i can have fun during my workout but the hard part is eating all this food" - Brian Shaw - The Worlds Strongest Man. As a beginner your training should not be a priority. If you are looking to put on some muscle mass just pick up any beginner routine you see and chances are it will work. For beginners any routine can work... as long as you eat enough food. Beginners start off with unrealistic expectations sometimes like "i want to have shredded abs" or "i want to have veins and striations on my chest". This is not going to happen. You need to bulk up and add some quality muscle to your skinny frame then once you get big enough you can focus on the little things like veins. When you are bulking for the first time dont be afraid to put on some fat, it is just a part of the process. You might think you are eating crazy amounts of food everyday, but unless your weight is going up every few months ... you are simply not eating enough. No matter how much "a lot of food" feels like, you need to learn to think of food as numbers. Write down everything you eat every day for 1 week and then compare it to some meal plans online, there are tons of websites that gives you meal plans for specific calories. Use them. 9/10 you will find that you are not eating anywhere near what you should be.

Continue eating healthy, dont give in to the "dirty bulk" idea. Fitness and bodybuilding and powerlifting is great and all but you need to think about the longevity of your training. Dirty Bulking is not a great idea if your scared of getting love handles or if you want a six pack. Try your best to eat a lot of healthy food throughout the day, when everything fails and you are frustrated with the lack of gains then maybye you can go ahead and try dirty bulking for a some time. This is not a long term solution however, you cant just keep eating big macs forever. You will eventually need to go back to eating healthy.

Dont neglect cardio. Guys think "Man cardio is gonna kill all my gains ill become skinny as hell". This is not true. Some running while improve the health of your heart. Nobody is going to be impressed by that one jacked dude that cant walk up some stairs without running out of breath. A little cardio here and there will not kill your gains. But of course, if everything fails and you are still not gaining weight, you may need to reduce your cardio for a while. Cardio does burn (a very few) calories but to a skinny guy that force feeds everyday to gain weight those few calories might be all he needs.

Sleep
    Sleep is an important factor that many beginners forget about. They wonder why there legs are sore and why they arnt getting bigger... maybye because your only sleeping 6 hours everynight! I know teenagers love going on their phones at night watching dumb videos, ive heard of people staying up until 4 or 5 just to waste some time on their phones. You need discipline in every part of your daily routine. Get your 8 hours minimum. People seem to forget about this all the time but this is where your muscle is built. In the gym you work your muscles, they dont grow in the gym. In the kitchen you supply fuel to your muscles, your muscles are not getting bigger here either. Once you go to bed all the muscles you damaged that day(training) starts being repaired using the fuel you provided it (food). That is why this is a crucial mistake that beginners make, two things so simple, so basic about daily life... most people tend to forget them.

Takeaway: No matter what amazing one of a kind workout program you do for your specific goal, no matter how hard you train, no matter how many hours you put into the gym ... you will never see growth until you start eating what you should be eating and you start sleeping as long as you should be sleeping.

Hope you guys enjoy this reminder about how these two basic things are so important for you!
    This is my first article so I hope people can give me some opinions about it !!!!