NidarosAlex88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Fronts Squats and support exercises.

Hi,

Because I have 2 shoulder surgeries, I get pain in the shoulder of standard high bar squats. That made me switch to the front squat.
    What exercises do you guys suggest to train on legday together whit front squats?
    I was thinking hip-thrust since frontquating mainly hits quads? But I can't feel them/do them properly. But mabie I should give them a try.

Don't know if it mather but my training week looks something like this:
    Mon: Upper body
    Tue: Lower body
    Wen: Rest
    Thu: Upper bod
    Fri: Lower body
    Sat-Sun: Rest

I really would appreciate some input since I don't have so much experience.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    My standard approach to training legs would be
    1. squat
    2. romanian deadlift
    3. barbell hip thruster (nobody trains glutes enough)
    4. leg extensions or sissy squat
    5. hip abductions, especially if you get lower back issues

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    My standard approach to training legs would be
    1. squat
    2. romanian deadlift
    3. barbell hip thruster (nobody trains glutes enough)
    4. leg extensions or sissy squat
    5. hip abductions, especially if you get lower back issues
    have not heard that before, why so?
    Have a tremendously bad lower back, wonder if that helped.
    Finally back to track.
    Still cannot SQ/DL.

#Herniated LB disc crew

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Leg biceps and calves.
    Leg curls and heel raises.
    You might try using a safety squat bar also if one is available to you.
    This bar is very easy on the shoulders and allows you to hit quads hard.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    have not heard that before, why so?
    Have a tremendously bad lower back, wonder if that helped.
    Your upper glutes can have knots which can be worked out by utilising the muscle through full ROM (this is the same general approach for any muscle with knots/inflexibility). It's not adequately worked by main exercises like deadlifts.

Knots can be a source of uneven tension or spasm.

Of course, back problems can originate from lots of places - but that's what helped me the most. It certainly wouldn't be detrimental to try it.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 09-12-2019 at 12:54 AM.

NidarosAlex88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What about the leg press, does it work all lower body muscles?
    Feel like I get cramps in hamstrings when trying BB hip thrust. Do they require a loth of flexibility to do them right?

You can... it's kind of redundant if you are squatting but it might be a way to add extra volume if your core is giving out during squats.

Cramping hamstrings is a sign they aren't being trained properly with full ROM. Be aware of this when doing Romanians, a lot of people use their backs rather than proper hip hinge action. If the bar reaches much below your knees, you probably are doing it wrong. Alan Thrall and Eric Helms both have videos about this.

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NidarosAlex88 View Post
    Hi,

Because I have 2 shoulder surgeries, I get pain in the shoulder of standard high bar squats. That made me switch to the front squat.
    What exercises do you guys suggest to train on legday together whit front squats?
    I was thinking hip-thrust since frontquating mainly hits quads? But I can't feel them/do them properly. But mabie I should give them a try.

Don't know if it mather but my training week looks something like this:
    Mon: Upper body
    Tue: Lower body
    Wen: Rest
    Thu: Upper bod
    Fri: Lower body
    Sat-Sun: Rest

I really would appreciate some input since I don't have so much experience.
    If you want to target the hamstrings do straight back back extensions with the top of the pelvis above the top of the pad. That'll burn the **** out of your hamstrings. https://bodyrecomposition.com/traini...echnique.html/
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.