Alentagus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Resistance bands

Hey guys, this is my first post in the forum.
    My whole life i only went to the gim like 3 days. The fact of this is that i have a spinal desiase ( structural kiphosis), but i need to make my dorso muscles stronger to support my spine. I wonder if the resistance bands are good for me, in exercises like row, becouse dead lifts are out of the question. But i think the bands is not so agressive to try to increase my muscles a bit.
    could you guys help me?
    Thanks

dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500) dagdafitness is not very helpful. (-500)
    Im not sure if I'm wrong to assume you have a physiotherapist but if you do, I would ask them what your best options are to workout at home. Bands are a great choice and there are a few resistance options or you can always do a ton of bodyweight good mornings or supermans until you can do weighted
    -602931 to -438409 rep. / working almost minimally to make that number respectable ;)

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Alentagus View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first post in the forum.
    My whole life i only went to the gim like 3 days. The fact of this is that i have a spinal desiase ( structural kiphosis), but i need to make my dorso muscles stronger to support my spine. I wonder if the resistance bands are good for me, in exercises like row, becouse dead lifts are out of the question. But i think the bands is not so agressive to try to increase my muscles a bit.
    could you guys help me?
    Thanks
    Get a go ahead from your doctor, first. If you get a green light, then know that not all bands are created equal. You can get bands for $10 or $50. The difference is resistance due to thickness. Your best option is what's called 'chest expanders' that have detachable bands that can be added or removed dependent on your strength or the exercise you happen to be doing.

Like these:

Better yet, get two.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Thanks for the replies.
    Every time i went a diferent doctor, general medicine, ortopedist, or even some fisiotherapists i ask them what can i do. They only say swimming. I tried swimming years ago and the day after i feel pain. So i told them and they dont know what to more recommend. My pain become after prolongade exercises, i need some exercise that do a few times and be capable to hipertrophi a bit my muscles. I searched and the better i think is the bands.

JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Alentagus View Post
    Thanks for the replies.������
    Every time i went a diferent doctor, general medicine, ortopedist, or even some fisiotherapists i ask them what can i do. They only say swimming. I tried swimming years ago and the day after i feel pain. So i told them and they dont know what to more recommend. My pain become after prolongade exercises, i need some exercise that do a few times and be capable to hipertrophi a bit my muscles. I searched and the better i think is the bands.
    Alentagus,

Where are you located. I think what you are saying is you have a structural kyphosis and want to do some core strengthening exercises to see if that helps with either back pain or the kyphosis. Can you tell us your age, and how severe your kyphosis is in degrees (if the doctors have told you that)? Also, is it structural and something that would require surgery to correct, or is it primarily postural and something you think may be corrected with exercise?

Either way, my first inclination is to recommend you start with static exercises using a theraband or body weight only. So Pallof presses, possibly planks if you can do them, and maybe some stretches. Also, google Lamar Grant and powerlifting. I don't know the severity of your spinal condition, but he's good for inspiration.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think bands would be a great way to strengthen your body. You can buy an assortment of bands and use a band that has the right resistance that feels challenging but does not cause any pain. It is important to work out if you have a structural issue with your spine. Building muscle mass will help stabilize your back.

Structural Kyphosis is also called Scheuermann's disease.

Exercises you could do with a band for the muscles of the back include horizontal rows (upper back), pull throughs (lower back and hips), lat pulldowns (upper back). This type of kit might be useful: https://www.amazon.com/TheFitLife-Ex.../dp/B07KFSCD47

Im from Portugal. Sorry for my english. Haha
    Im 34 yo. I dont know the degrees. The doctors told me the surgery is only applicated in cases of extreme pain. I know the exercise doesnt correct, but if the muscles of the zone where the vertebraes are fusionated are increased, then there will be not inflammation and consequent pain. Correct me if im wrong.
    Thanks

JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustTheDad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you build up strength, it will most likely help with stability and that could decrease pain at rest and with activity.
    Swimming is actually an exercise that involves a lot of spinal flexion and extension, which is why we used to recommend it for patients with ankylosing spondylitis. So it is logical that it would make you sore. I'm not sure why swimming was the recommended exercise of choice if range of motion bothers you at this point. I think sometimes we default to swimming simply because it's non-impact form of exercise that gives you good cardio, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best choice for you given the kyphosis.

I would start with the band work and static moves, then work up to more dynamic exercises as your strength and stability improve.