aarohanB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How should I get lean (and get abs) when I'm skinny-fat and underweight?

Hello guys , I'm a 18 year old Indian guy.
    I weigh around 60kgs at height 178cm
    My BMI is 18.9 which is really close to being underweight.
    The problem is I have belly fat and it doesn't seem to go away , I did intermittent fasting for about 3 weeks which really helped me lose weight but had no effect on my belly fat . I'm counting my calories regularly via an android app and I'm always below my daily calorie maintenance level by 200-300 but the question is , even after doing all this why have I not seen almost any change in the fat of my belly , there has been a noticeable reduction in fat from other parts of my body such as the face , arms , legs , thighs and neck.

What should be done to fix the overall skinny but fat look of my body ? Should I lose more weight or do something else? Please help me out.
    Pic : ttps://ibb.co/mB1nyNH
    *add a "h" before "ttps"
    Last edited by aarohanB; 09-10-2019 at 09:38 PM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should post a photo for better advice, but my gut tells me that you should be building muscle and not trying to lose weight. When you're skinny fat there comes a point where no amount of dieting is going to get rid of your belly unless you get so skinny that you look like a skeleton. You need to build muscle all over and then worry about the fat later.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

ttps://ibb.co/mB1nyNH
    Add a "h" before "ttps" to view

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have no abs (or any appreciable muscle) to cut down to.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You have no abs (or any appreciable muscle) to cut down to.
    Yep this...

You dont have abs, you have no muscle at all. You need to get on a good lifting program and start eating, workout for a good 2-3 years, then cut again and chase your abs.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Yep this...

You dont have abs, you have no muscle at all. You need to get on a good lifting program and start eating, workout for a good 2-3 years, then cut again and chase your abs.
    Seriously? 3 years?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by aarohanB View Post
    Seriously? 3 years?
    Yep

That's life as a natural lifter.

You've got to remember that people with good physiques often come from a long sporting background - which means they've effectively been training for years, even if they didn't use weights, it still affects their underlying body composition. Whereas if you have been sitting in front of a computer for most of your life, you have very little underneath... this takes time to rectify.

This lack of understanding of body composition is the source of many problems of this forum. You would do well to take note of this. Almost everyone underestimates how much fat and how little muscle they begin with. I did.

tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a naturally very skinny dude. My girl just dumped my ass again and ****ed up all the progress I made since she last dumped me. I'm like 135lbs now ****ing terrible, but anyway I sincerely recommend eating a high protein, high fat, lowish carb diet. I eat sonic everyday, burritos, energy drinks, protein powder(not healthy but **** it if it works it works) Im getting like 180p 220c 150-190f macro blend. It doesn't take too long with a fast metabolism. I went from being skinny fat with like a 2 pack, to veins all over my pelvis, shoulders and chest in about 3 months. Just hit the gym like it's the only thing keeping you sane. I leaned up and gained weight at the same time but I had also just come from borderline starvation.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My advice build muscle first and forget trying to get small skinny abs. They don't look good and you have to starve to get them.

Build a solid base of muscle and strength and then reveal your work later. You can still look lean and big without abs they usually are a waste of time unless you have the mass. You will look better in the long run.

Originally Posted by tas4563 View Post
    I'm a naturally very skinny dude. My girl just dumped my ass again and ****ed up all the progress I made since she last dumped me. I'm like 135lbs now ****ing terrible, but anyway I sincerely recommend eating a high protein, high fat, lowish carb diet. I eat sonic everyday, burritos, energy drinks, protein powder(not healthy but **** it if it works it works) Im getting like 180p 220c 150-190f macro blend. It doesn't take too long with a fast metabolism. I went from being skinny fat with like a 2 pack, to veins all over my pelvis, shoulders and chest in about 3 months. Just hit the gym like it's the only thing keeping you sane. I leaned up and gained weight at the same time but I had also just come from borderline starvation.
    Bro the diet of Indians is ****ed up , we have like ****ing rice all the time 70-80% of our diet is ****ing carbs bro I know this **** ****ed me up even when I'm not in a calorie surplus my macros are **** you're right about the high protein diet

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is nothing wrong with the Indian diet as long as you make sure you get both enough protein and enough vegetables. Carbs are not the enemy, they will give you energy in the gym.

If there is a problem in the Indian population, it's down to lifestyle (not enough exercise, too many calories in total). There is a high prevalence of type II diabetes too which can affect results.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Indian diet as long as you make sure you get both enough protein and enough vegetables. Carbs are not the enemy, they will give you energy in the gym.

If there is a problem in the Indian population, it's down to lifestyle (not enough exercise, too many calories in total). There is a high prevalence of type II diabetes too which can affect results.
    Yes that's right but most Indians including me eat too many carbs and too less protein
    Also right now I'm not in a situation in which I can start gymming(don't ask why) , what should I do

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes that's right but most Indians including me eat too many carbs and too less protein
    Also right now I'm not in a situation in which I can start gymming(don't ask why) , what should I do
    You can't blame being Indian on what you choose to stick inside your mouth. 18 years old is plenty old enough to make your own dietary choices. If you can't get to a gym you can still perform calisthenics or invest in some weights.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    You can't blame being Indian on what you choose to stick inside your mouth. 18 years old is plenty old enough to make your own dietary choices. If you can't get to a gym you can still perform calisthenics or invest in some weights.
    I have always lived with my parents and they get all the food so I don't really have a say in that matter

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have always lived with my parents and they get all the food so I don't really have a say in that matter
    There's nothing you can do to change yourself then.

Is that what you want to hear?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    There's nothing you can do to change yourself then.

Is that what you want to hear?
    At least I can remain unchanged for now.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At least I can remain unchanged for now.
    I dunno, I had a job at 14 and bought my own protein bars and powders to supplement the fact my parents did mostly all of the cooking. Also asked for my mom to pick certain foods up at the grocery store so I could make some of my own meals. But yea sitting at home making excuses is cool too, not quite sure what the point of posting was though.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover