TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)

Angry Constant Overall Back Pain

Ok so I've been lifting for 2months now. About 2weeks back I deadlifted 100kg Sumo for my first time deadlifting. I started getting lower back pain so I stayed active, did streching, went to gym doing low weights and half workouts. (Following Alan thrall's advice).I started sleeping on the floor, I heard it's better on your back, I used hot water bags too. Sometimes the pain went to my midback. I would go through the day feeling as if my back was hollow. I could feel my back there constantly. (Sounds weird I know)

Now... Everytime I sit down in a chair for a long period of time 30+minutes my back gets very stiff. It's been getting better over the week but.....

Today I was sparring my friend in taekwondo and I threw a light kick, nothin serious, no real power, just a light kick to the air. And I felt my lower back muscle pull. It hurts right now, I find it so weird that I hurt my back so easily.

I don't know what to do now. Should I stop the gym and let it recover? Should I see a doctor? Should I stay active in the gym? Would Core exercises help?

Please help I can't stand this pain anymore.
    It's not the kind of pain that leaves me limping. But it just annoys me through the whole day.

Also sleeping on floor good idea or no?

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Read this article, recovery is going to be 4-6 weeks. Stop all your lifting and sparring.

https://squatuniversity.com/2018/06/...ore-stability/

You need to sleep well to heal, get off the uncomfortable floor.

TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BromanianDL View Post
    Read this article, recovery is going to be 4-6 weeks. Stop all your lifting and sparring.

https://squatuniversity.com/2018/06/...ore-stability/

You need to sleep well to heal, get off the uncomfortable floor.
    :O my god! 4-6 weeks?!?

I will read that whole article but I thought my core was already pretty solid. I can planks with 20kg on my back for minutes. But I suppose it's not strong enough.

Also: I sleep very well on the floor, just as well as I do on the mattress but today I will try sleep on the mattress.

I love working out but I need to take one step back to take a few steps forward I guess. Thanks for your reply!

beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TopHeavyMirin View Post
    Ok so I've been lifting for 2months now. About 2weeks back I deadlifted 100kg Sumo for my first time deadlifting.
    Did u mean to say this was the first time u hit 100kg deadlifting or that this was your first time deadlifting? I hope it is the former.

Well I had deadlines about 60kg once or twice a couple days before and then I decided to try for my 1rep max and pulled 100kg easily maybe not a good idea now that I think about it.
    I was wearing a belt though

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea don't listen to Alan Thrall on this. His advice for ALL back pain is basically take a short break and quickly work your way back, which is the most bro-science crap I've ever heard in my life. He has no idea what he's talking about here.

Firstly, you should see a doc and get an MRI.

You really wanna cut out all pain-causing activities and begin performing therapeutic activities. That means don't necessarily cut out all your lifting, and don't just mindlessly rest.

If it turns out you have bulged or herniated a disc, watch this guy's videos. He's a guy who overcame a horrific L5-S1 disc bulge and he's now Deadlifting well over 450 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9c...FFKIm5eUOgYqWQ

Also Stuart McGill is a great resource.

These guys know their stuff when it comes to healthy, bulletproof backs.
    Last edited by ProgrammerHunch; 09-11-2019 at 03:48 PM.

RoosterEgg96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Back injuries happen more often from doing deadlifts than most other exercises. It sounds like you'll be okay if you avoid lower back exercises for a while. I've injured my back with the deadlift. The initial pain was so bad I thought I might end up in a wheelchair. I recovered but can still feel stiffness in my lower back during back exercises. Probably you should use an alternative exercise to the deadlift in the future because lower back injuries are hard to recover from. As far as sleeping on the floor being better for your back, quite frankly, I've never heard of that but hey, if it works it works.