Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm another obese determined to change his life

Hello everyone,

First of all the main reason I'm posting this to motivate me and I'll try to write updates every day or so. Also, if anyone has a suggestion please help a brother out to make his life better.
    For the past few days I've been devouring the forum for information about diets and exercises, also other peoples story to see where did they struggle the most etc.
    I am 28 years old from Turkey and I'm 194cm and I'm guessing around 200kg. according to google I'm about 440lbs and 6'4? To this day I only tried losing weight once around 12 years ago when I was in high school, which was going pretty good until I broke my ankle which prevented me from doing anything and I gave up.
    I'm a pretty stubborn person so I know that being hungry or getting tired won't make me quit. The only issue I have I don't have any income(looking for a job for almost a year) and I can't pick the healthiest food every time or go in sign up to a gym.

With my weight I know It'll take a long time (around 1.5-2 years?) to get into shape but I'm ready to do the hard work. The only available exercises in my situation is walking, aerobics and maybe swimming in a month or so(depending on the pool situation in my building).
    I believe I'm pretty agile for my weight I used to walk around for 6-7miles miles per day (without losing weight imagine my eating disorder xd) without being exhausted, of course I'd get tired but after transportation back to work I'd keep on with my day as usual, but now I feel I got less agile with sitting at home trying to get a job also I think I put on around 20kg since then. I don't know my exact weight as our scale is 140kg max and I didn't even try getting on it because It could break.

Today is my 2nd day and since yesterday I cut down my coke(coca cola zero nothing illegal here xd) intake to half a liter per day I used to drink only that no water no anything, now I drink at least 2-2.5 liters water. My other bad habit is that I smoke a pack every day but I'll try to cut it down. Though I'm scared I'm putting too much pressure by changing every bit at once.
    As my training I'm thinking of something combined with walking and doing some aerobics I had a p90x video I'll try to start with these. Though I don't want to risk my health by doing heavy exercises right away. I need your help at this point if anyone has been in similar situation or knows how should I start it will help me immensely. I looked at workout programs but I couldn't find what i'm looking for, maybe I missed it. Also as I said I'm trying to lower my calorie intake but I don't know how much I need to aim for today I created a diary of food intakes I'll add how much I ate to here. For example I ate 400calories on breakfast according to myfitnesspal which was cheese tomatoes and cucumber with bread.(If it isn't allowed to mention this site I'm sorry I'll erase it.)

Anyway thank you very much if you read all of this I hope in some time I'll become a healthy person.
    Last edited by bumudur; 10-21-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whether you drink a lot of coca cola zero or only water, it doesn't matter. They both have zero calories although water is obviously more healthy.
    You can use the myfitnesspal website to log your food to make sure you don't eat too many calories.

This is how much you should eat according to the calorie calculator website: https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Just stick to 3200 calories or so for the beginning. A kg per week is a lot but then again it's easier for obese people to lose weight fast. Try to walk a lot since it's great for burning calories.
    And then after 2-4 weeks, look at your weight and see if you want to eat even less calories in order to lose weight faster.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bumudur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much for your answer. I got a similar result when I used that site. I decided to start with walking everyday I started with 20 minutes and I'll increase it steadily first to 30 minutes than to 40....

This is my report for today looking at calorie intake it looks god but I don't know if the food comp is good or not (protein, fat etc.)
    I didn't have any problems with hunger tomorrow I'll eat the same food more or less and I'll try to reduce dinner by one piece.
    Attached Images

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bumudur View Post
    This is my report for today looking at calorie intake it looks god but I don't know if the food comp is good or not (protein, fat etc.)
    I didn't have any problems with hunger tomorrow I'll eat the same food more or less and I'll try to reduce dinner by one piece.
    That's only 1400 calories for the day? That's extremely little. I would eat at least 2000 calories for the first month or so.
    But it's up to you. Weight loss is a long journey so no need to eat very little. Just stay consistent for 3-6 months first. And then continue losing more weight + maybe join a gym.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Right now you shouldn't be worrying about macros. Focus on eating less calories.

You mentioned P90X which would be a good starting point to get you used to exercise. You need to look into getting a gym membership not so much for weight loss but for your health in general. It's extremely hard to lose weight no matter how much you exercise if your diet sucks.
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight

Yes, I'm surprised too. I was waiting for something like mid 2000's. As you can see I didn't starve myself either I'm still full from dinner tomorrow I'll eat 1piece less.(100grams) The only meal I reduced was lunch, I usually would eat something like a jam sandwich.
    I don't know if it's because of the motivation/excitement or that I didn't do that much movement in the past weeks/month so my body didn't need that much calories.

TBO1313 thank you for your input.
    Sadly, I can't afford a paid membership atm. but our buildings supposed to have a gym with a pool included, They just don't know when it'll be opened they say it can be a week or 3 months.
    I'm new in to the losing fat/ getting fit/bodybuilding topics so I still haven't learned all the terms by macros I assume you're talking of macronutrients(protein fat and carbohydrates?)

I did a workout today p90x kenpo, well I did it around 75-80% efficiency. My question is this I want to log this to my daily chart but when I researched how much calories I burned I couldn't find a definitive answer.
    http: //p90xcalories.com/
    From this site when I input my data it says I burned 1.061 calories but it seemed a little much for me. Does anyone know is this accurate? (200kg 30 mins with high effort) I did it for 40 mins actually but I input 30 because of breaks etc. just to be safe. I was not able to talk at all during exercise and my heart rate was over 170 whenever I calculated. I stopped for 30 secs. or so whenever it was 200ish because I'm afraid at this early stage of my program It could harm me.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I did a workout today p90x kenpo, well I did it around 75-80% efficiency. My question is this I want to log this to my daily chart but when I researched how much calories I burned I couldn't find a definitive answer.
    http: //p90xcalories.com/
    From this site when I input my data it says I burned 1.061 calories but it seemed a little much for me. Does anyone know is this accurate? (200kg 30 mins with high effort) I did it for 40 mins actually but I input 30 because of breaks etc. just to be safe. I was not able to talk at all during exercise and my heart rate was over 170 whenever I calculated. I stopped for 30 secs. or so whenever it was 200ish because I'm afraid at this early stage of my program It could harm me.
    Don't add back calories burnt from exercise as there is no way of knowing how much was burnt. Think of the calories burnt as a added extra. Not to mention your TDEE calculation includes planned exercise.

Wanted to post an update and some additional data.
    Thursday was pretty bad at the evening I got pretty bad news which crushed my hope on increasing my income in the near future and we were all pretty bummed out. I really came close to saying **** all of it because living this way is really puts a huge weight on you. My mom is old and can't work my sister has vertigo and hasimoto disorder so she can't find a job either and it's all on me. We will get through it some way.

Diet is going pretty nice I only get hungry during bedtime but I drink a glass of water and sleep through it. On the exercise part my first real workout ****ed me up I had muscle aches on my shoulders, legs and back so I decided to only walk a bit for the next day(Thursday) but today I did the workout again and I feel really good, of course there are some muscle aches but nowhere near the first time.

I can't keep track of my weight because ours is max 140kg. So keep track what I did is I took pictures of myself without a shirt and wearing one of my old clothes. My first goal is to wear that shirt it without stretching so far it goes up to my bellybutton.

Anyway that's me for right now.

Chesterkyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Bumudur,

Glad you made up your mind in making a change! Here's an article I wrote that gives some nutritional tips, I hope this will help you along with your journey:

Are you eating clean now in an effort to see a change in your weight? That’s great! But if you ever find yourself using the words “cheat day”, you’re most probably fighting the urge to indulge in your favorite foods and feel resentful about your current meal routine. So how long do you see yourself sustaining this diet plan? At some point in time, you’ll break away from your plan and start eating like the way you’re used to and before you know it, that goal you had in mind will drift further and further to a land far far away.

Here’s the big question, why do you see people licking on ice cream and munching on chips but still have the body of a Spartan that came straight out from the movie 300? The answer to this question is that they are in control of what they eat and they CHOOSE to eat those sweet treats knowing exactly that it will not affect their usual nutritional routine. In this article, I’m going to share some ways this group of people manage to keep their physique without worrying about the type of food they are consuming.

1. Good nutritional habits, start somewhere

Start by listing a few good nutritional habits and pick the easiest one for you to follow. Then try to sustain it for a week. After a week, pick another habit and add on to the first habit that you have already achieved. Repeat this cycle till you have achieved all habits on your list and chances are you’ll see a change in your body. If you do not know what are some of the good nutritional habits, you can download my nutritional guide for free and take a look at the nutritional habit challenge at the last page.

2. Pick your healthy favorites

Write down a list of your favorite foods and identify the healthier ones. From there, simply shuffle them around to make up your daily meal routine. You may refer to the sample below:

My favorite food list

Grilled salmon with brown rice

Macdonald’s Big Breakfast

Oatmeal

Milk tea

Black coffee

KFC fried chicken

Yoghurt

Chocolate cake

Pasta

Grilled chicken salad

Steamed chicken

Coke

Water

Potato chips

Mixed nuts

Fruit juice

My meal sample

Breakfast: Oatmeal (I can add bananas and skimmed milk to make it more tasty), black coffee with no sugar.

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad (I can replace thousand island dressing with olive oil), bottle of water.

Pre-workout meal: Pasta (I can choose pasta made out of whole wheat), sparkling water.

Post-workout meal: Greek yoghurt (I can choose to add honey and berries), freshly squeezed orange juice.

Dinner: Steamed chicken (without skin), bottle of water.

3. Familiarize yourself with servings

Almost everything you eat comes with calories and eating in large quantities even if it’s healthier food choices will cause you to put on additional weight. One great way to gauge your calorie intake is to eat till the point of satisfaction and not fullness. To learn more ways to gauge your calorie intake, download my free nutritional guide here.

Of course, having a good eating habit does not mean that you have to totally give up on the sweet treats. In fact, taking a break from your usual nutrition routine may help in losing more weight when you get back on track again. While it is obvious that having ice cream and chips every two days causes weight gain and potential health problems, having them once in a while (every 3 - 4 weeks) won’t kill you either. The key take away is to have everything in moderation.

Use the tips above and try to develop a good nutrition routine that’s unique to you, and hopefully one day you’ll be joining those people licking away at an ice cream and munching on chips while having a great physique!
    Last edited by dj924s; 09-14-2019 at 09:38 PM.

LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LMS62 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, ignore the above post^^^^^^^^^as he is just spamming the forum trying to direct people to his website.

Chesterkyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LMS62 View Post
    OP, ignore the above post^^^^^^^^^as he is just spamming the forum trying to direct people to his website.
    Am not trying to direct people to my website. I'm putting up the website because I'm new to the forum and I can't post links yet. In any case, the guide's free and I operate only within Singapore so there's really no point in me directing people to my website.

bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can do it OP

One meal at a time... it's learning self control.

Even if you start by not eating everything on your plate, or using smaller plates... it's a start.

If you can count calories though... do it.
    Some foods are way higher than others.
    Eg: Doritos are a calorie bomb in their own.

Weighhtloss is 90% diet, 10% excercise....

But, you want to maintain what muscle you have, so do some weight training.

Checkout "wetbreats" who was a forum user here years ago... he made it.

You can do it...
    ▪█───────█▪
    \_(ツ)_/

+Positive Crew+
    *no porn crew*
    *Minimalist Crew*
    *WetBreast is gonna make it crew*

Yeah I saw the videos and checked the forum posts. It's actually how I found out about this site. I'm currently on day 5 and I weigh every food I take and track it on myfitnesspal. on 5 day average my intake is 1.6-1.8k calories and as I said before if I feel hungry its always on bedtime. I know its only been 5 days so I don't expect any changes but changing the eating habits changed my view a lot. For instance I consumed way too much salt before practically salting every bite I ate, now I only pour some during cooking(sometimes) and the natural sodium takes care of my needs.

On exercise part I'm doing workouts at home and on Tuesday the gym in our complex will open. I checked it out today to see what machines they have etc. It's not much but its the best gym in the world for me because its free.

Wanted to give out an update on my situation.
    Diet and exercise were going great until Wednesday, and then I got ill and spent the next 3 days in bed. Also my shoulder is really hurt from a nerve pain but its almost over too. I ate almost nothing these past days just a fruit or two and a bowl of soup per day. That was all I could eat.
    I will wait until Monday to get back on training just to be safe but from today I'm back on my original diet.

The only downside is I can't track how I'm doing. As I mention before we don't have a scale that can weigh me. Measuring myself and taking photos are not precise in short term tracking and of course they'll be useful in a time span of 6-8 weeks but for now I'm stuck with not knowing.

Wanted to post another update.
    It's been almost a month since I started I'm on track with my diet and I eat 1.500-1.600 calories on average. With changing my eating habits(fries, chips etc.) I'm feeling a bit hungry at times but never feel like I'm starving. Mostly I eat chicken and veggies(or salad) for dinner and I eat a traditional breakfast(traditional for us in Turkey) cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and eggs.

One thing I'm not comfortable with I'm still eating too much carbs in the form of bread or pasta/rice. I can't eat foods like tuna or red meat because they're very expensive as I don't have any income and We're almost out of cash. This weighs a huge stress on my shoulders. Anyway back on subject...

I train 4-5 days a week and I'm starting to feel the difference of my endurance and flexibility during these trainings. A relative of mine gave us their scale which weighs up to 400 pounds, I still can't weigh myself on it but with a very little force I apply on the counter to reduce my weight it works so I'm estimating I'm around 410 ish pounds max. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to weigh myself and check my progress.
    I'll add my pictures on my profile after I'm able to weigh myself which will happen hopefully soon.

TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm feeling a bit hungry at times but never feel like I'm starving.
    If you aren't hungry, you probably aren't in a deficit.

I'm not comfortable with I'm still eating too much carbs in the form of bread or pasta/rice.
    Carbs are fuel, just like any other food. I personally would keep to sweet potatoes and brown rice/pasta options my self, but don't be afraid of carbs if it fits your macros.

Hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to weigh myself and check my progress.
    Right on man, you can probably take your measurements to start some sort of tracking, I'd advise to take pictures now too, that way you can look back on your progress.

Keep on keepin on brother.
    <Overly Friendly Canadian Crew>
    Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. - Benjamin Franklin
    Obese to Fit Transformation Of Peace: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177444201

Originally Posted by TheHaws View Post
    If you aren't hungry, you probably aren't in a deficit.

Carbs are fuel, just like any other food. I personally would keep to sweet potatoes and brown rice/pasta options my self, but don't be afraid of carbs if it fits your macros.

Right on man, you can probably take your measurements to start some sort of tracking, I'd advise to take pictures now too, that way you can look back on your progress.

Keep on keepin on brother.
    Thanks for the answer,
    I already have the pictures right now I just don't want to put it before I know how much I weigh.
    Of course I agree with you on being hungry part, I measure everything I eat and track it on Myfitnesspal and it's around 1.5-1.6k calories daily, what I meant is; Yes I wan't to lose all this extra weight ASAP that's why I set a bigger deficit for myself. I also know that it won't happen in a few months and I don't expect it to either. As I said in my original post this is a long journey and I'm prepared for it. With this pace I feel hungry time to time but not at a point that I can't keep this up on the long run.

Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100) Jeremy19969 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Consistency is key! Don't go all-out diet and workout plan at once because you won't stick with it. Start by counting calories, then slowly cutting down those calories, then add exercise.

Hello all, again.

It's been 19 days since I last gave an update, week 6 is done and I'm still going at it. I was planning (hoping) that I will be able to weight myself(scale is 180kg max) but sadly I couldn't achieve that yet. Yes It's a bit disheartening but this shows I was worse than I thought. The real problem is I didn't know what weight I started with so I can not keep track of how I'm doing on the scale.

My diet is going good I reached 2.000 calories 2 times since I started first one was when I started and the second one was a day ago I was at a gathering with relatives and couldn't choose what I eat. But my average intake is 1.508 calories per day so I'm not feeling really bad about it.

On the exercise front I'm still doing walks and P90X I first started with 2 times a week and since last week I'm doing 5 days a week exercise. The reason I'm doing only these is the little gym I mentioned in my complex is now for people who pay extra fee so that's a bust, but I may come in to some money in the next few weeks/month as a house we inherited from my grandfather is on sale and when/if it happens my first job will be to sign up in a real gym.

I created a detailed excel sheet, I keep a log of it daily from the data I get from myfitnesspal.

I'm really hoping I will be able to weigh myself before the end of month but I don't know when it will happen.

Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't worry so much about the weight and just keep tracking your food. I am surprised you are eating so few calories, but I am sure you are losing with those numbers. Get a tape measure and use that to track. That way you can at least see some progress. Weight is only one measurement. The first month or so is the hardest, so good job sticking it out. I look forward to seeing your progress so keep us updated.
    Was 280+ at the beginning of 2019 (highest recorded weight is 290 on Dec 13, 2018).

Jan 01, 2020...202.0
    Jan 08, 2020...goal is 200.5

To be honest at first I was surprised too, I did a few trial days before I started and I saw I was doing okay with this amount. I'm doing most okay most of the time but sometimes a hunger kicks in (usually before dinner or before going to bed) and then I get a cup of coffee or an apple something like that my old habit on a situation like this was to cook french fries .

I know I lost weight, I can see it from my clothes. For example a shirt I used to wear 2 years ago it didn't fit me before I started but I wore it yesterday to go outside. I already passed the one month mark and frankly my motivation is higher than before, with each week my endurance gets better and I feel more agile. Of course I'm still months away from a normal weight and all this improvements gives me more motivation to go all the way. I used to keep some of my clothes from the past and I got my old clothes out of the storage and put them in my closet, they all represent my old weights from 2 years, 5 years... ago.

I've never been a fit person even as a kid so I'm very curious how it feels like.

My only concern is, going with this kind of drastic calorie deficit on a long period like a year or so I'm afraid I will lose lots of muscle and I will get weak, exhausted until I start the weight training.
    Last edited by bumudur; 10-21-2019 at 05:41 PM.

reallyibra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    even though im still overweight(i was obese and lost 35 lbs and still more to go) my advice is really just go on a diet and dont push yourself on the exercises. because honestly right now as you are diet is 99% of the problem so you need a good diet and because youre a bit heavier than most you can eat 3000 calories and still lose a lot of weight so try to do that with some walking first. because in my experience and many others heavy exercise is what made me quit losing weight a long time ago. so stick with a good diet with which has a lot of protein because you dont want to lose 50 lbs and find out almost 40% of it was muscle. good luck and with the right mindset and diet it is VERY easy to achieve it, it just needs time.

Thanks for the input also I know i'm not "a bit" heavier I'm A LOT heavier then most.

I completely agree on the point that diet is the most important thing to lose weight but to be honest something like a 3.000 calories diet doesn't seem efficient to me, a deficit of 500-1000 calories means it'll take at least a few years for me to be in a normal weight.

At this point I see exercise as an extra gain on my deficit. I have half a mind to just don't care about the muscle I will lose until I can start going a gym and do weight training as the main part of my exercise.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I completely agree on the point that diet is the most important thing to lose weight but to be honest something like a 3.000 calories diet doesn't seem efficient to me, a deficit of 500-1000 calories means it'll take at least a few years for me to be in a normal weight.
    See this thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176646961

Camm lost over 150 lbs in 9 months (417 start down to now 258), on 2400 calories a day.

Honestly I don't know how you're functioning on such a small amount of calories.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Yes I've seen Camm's thread and read it from start to end, he's a real inspiration.

I really don't know but I'm feeling okay honestly, of course I get hungry but that's the main thing isn't it? I just finished my exercise(p90x Kenpo) and now I'm gonna eat my breakfast. I'm adding yesterdays log as an example. Yesterday I woke up really early so I had 2 small breakfast instead of one breakfast. I usually drink 2-2.5lt water and around a lt of coke zero.

I weigh everything I eat. For example I poured 20 spoons of oil to a glass and weighed it to find exactly how many grams that spoon takes in oil. Only thing I don't put in logs are seasonings I use, black and red pepper 95% and very little salt if i need any.(a pinch or two for whole day) I never used sugar in my coffee or tea so that's never been a problem for me.

I know my macros are really bad and my main calorie intake is from the bread I eat.

One thing I read is that your calorie need increases as your body fat% drops for example two person with same weight and height but one is 20% body fat the other is 15%. The person with 15% body fat will need more calories to sustain. Could it be that my muscle mass is so low that I can go on with a 1500 calories diet? On the other hand with all this weight I should have some muscle so body can carry the itself.
    Attached Images

Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes I've seen Camm's thread and read it from start to end, he's a real inspiration.

I really don't know but I'm feeling okay honestly, of course I get hungry but that's the main thing isn't it? I just finished my exercise(p90x Kenpo) and now I'm gonna eat my breakfast. I'm adding yesterdays log as an example. Yesterday I woke up really early so I had 2 small breakfast instead of one breakfast. I usually drink 2-2.5lt water and around a lt of coke zero.

I weigh everything I eat. For example I poured 20 spoons of oil to a glass and weighed it to find exactly how many grams that spoon takes in oil. Only thing I don't put in logs are seasonings I use, black and red pepper 95% and very little salt if i need any.(a pinch or two for whole day) I never used sugar in my coffee or tea so that's never been a problem for me.

I know my macros are really bad and my main calorie intake is from the bread I eat.

One thing I read is that your calorie need increases as your body fat% drops for example two person with same weight and height but one is 20% body fat the other is 15%. The person with 15% body fat will need more calories to sustain. Could it be that my muscle mass is so low that I can go on with a 1500 calories diet? On the other hand with all this weight I should have some muscle so body can carry the itself.
    Personally, I wouldn't go that deep with the calorie cuts. 1500 calories is very, very little. Maybe I am weak willed, but when I try to go on 1500 calories for more than 2 weeks I get brain fog and simply cannot concentrate and my overall life quality diminishes. My own body stats: 189 cm / 81kg

Also, it's probably not sustainable. At some point you're going to have a bad day that will tip you over and you'll start munching everything you see.

Another thing you should consider is that it may be a bad idea to lose so much weight this quickly. Many people who have burned out the fat have had issues with loose and hanging skin. Unlike weight loss however, loose and hanging skin is much more difficult to correct.

My suggestion is that you take it more slowly. Consider eating at 2000 or 2100 calories. Find a diet that you know you can do every day for at least 6 months without any issues.

reallyibra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    changing your lifestyle isnt about "getting hungry": its about being full on a good diet. every BAD diet will leave you hungry. everyone who succeeded in weightloss in the long run knows that to lose weight you need to be full of the good food not be starved from the bad food. you know? so stay full by eating chicken breasts, veggies, sweet potato, etc. being hungry is a BAD thing.

You're right, in a if diet a person feels hungry all the time that would last for a short time. As I said in my previous post I'm doing well normally only sometimes a hunger kicks in around an hour before dinner or before I go to sleep. Filling yourself with healthy food which are far less calories most of the time is the thing. I mean no one can survive two weeks on a similar calorie per day while eating fries or junk food.