OzzyAR is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ways to perfect bench form?

Been working out a few months now, I've gotten my bench up to 210lbs, but still for some reason cant get my form perfect, so ive decided to quit adding weight till I get it.
    I recently realized my right side is always lower, and after every bench workout my right shoulder is slightly more sore. Is my right shoulder just overpowering my chest? I've made sure to retract both shoulders n all that but it just wont even out. Not sure what there is to do differently but I need to fix this quick before my pecks get all uneven lol

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OzzyAR View Post
    Been working out a few months now, I've gotten my bench up to 210lbs, but still for some reason cant get my form perfect, so ive decided to quit adding weight till I get it.
    I recently realized my right side is always lower, and after every bench workout my right shoulder is slightly more sore. Is my right shoulder just overpowering my chest? I've made sure to retract both shoulders n all that but it just wont even out. Not sure what there is to do differently but I need to fix this quick before my pecks get all uneven lol
    No point us talking about form without a video of you benching really
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronFortified is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Work to get proper alignment on leverages before anything else. This will have your elbows under your wrists when the bar is a couple of inches above your chest.

At the start of the rep, as you bring the bar down, raise your chest to meet the bar. When the bar touches your chest, imagine breaking the bar over your chest. This will lock your shoulders back, tighten your elbow tendons, and pop your chest up. As you transition to driving the bar upward, think about spreading the bar apart while you press. This will tighten your lats and traps, help the shoulders remain locked back, and eliminate the uneven pressing that you mention in your post.
    I love the sound of clangin' iron!

Iron-Fortified For Life - a book on powerbuilding for getting big and strong naturally.

Here is the link in case you are interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Fortified-Life-W-S-Campbell/dp/1544238452/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1537134965&sr=8-2&keywords=iron+fortified+for+life&dpID=51CQjlN5Q1L&preST=_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think doing it how it feels natural is best, but you must always lower fully, and always keep the bar from tilting. You possibly learnt it badly and that is a hard habit to break.