Joshhowatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Want to try Keto but crazy metabolism

Hey everyone,

I’ve spent the last year or so bulking like crazy. I have an insanely fast metabolism and the only thing I’ve found to work for me, is eating like nuts. I’m 5’10”, 175 (started at 155 and got up to 185). Of course I packed on a bit of fat with that weight but feel like I def look better.

I’ve been hearing great things about Keto and track my macro and daily cals. But a huuuuge component of those calories are carbs. I can’t even imagine how I’d make my daily intake if I were to shift towards all fat/protein. I’d have to be eating spoonfuls of almond butter.

How can someone who requires high cal intake still do Keto? Basically I want to shred the layer of fat I’ve accumulated and then do another bulk.

Any other hard gainers find that Keto works for them? What sort of foods you eat to provide high cals, but low carbs?

Thanks!

J

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why exactly do you want to cut with keto?

I'm a big advocate of the keto diet for calorie adherence, but in your case it doesn't sound like something you need to do. Why not just lower your caloric intake while including carbohydrate? If you already require a large amount of calories it should be pretty easy.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.