Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is it beneficial to hit chest three times a week?

I have tendonitis of the knee so I have to lay off lower body for a while. I want to devise a 3 day a week upper body workout routine. Is it beneficial to do bench press on all three days or is that overdoing it?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    I have tendonitis of the knee so I have to lay off lower body for a while. I want to devise a 3 day a week upper body workout routine. Is it beneficial to do bench press on all three days or is that overdoing it?
    I bench 4x a week.
    Do I need too? Unlikely.
    Has it casued any issues? Nope
    Have I got stronger with this method on multiple occasions? Definitely.

It depends how you want to spread out your volume, and that, along with practice of a set movement for sport specific goals is the point of higher frequency.
    It's certainly not necessary for most people either though.
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The trick with 3 days of bench, or any big compound, is not over doing the intensity and volume. Look up HLM. Andy Baker does a good three day full body routine, all you'd do is drop the lower body stuff.
    160 lbs and jacked is about as impressive as D cups on a 300lb woman

Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PurmaBulker1984 View Post
    The trick with 3 days of bench, or any big compound, is not over doing the intensity and volume. Look up HLM. Andy Baker does a good three day full body routine, all you'd do is drop the lower body stuff.
    Do you have a link to this routine? I looked but couldn't find it.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I bench 4x a week.
    Do I need too? Unlikely.
    Has it casued any issues? Nope
    Have I got stronger with this method on multiple occasions? Definitely.

It depends how you want to spread out your volume, and that, along with practice of a set movement for sport specific goals is the point of higher frequency.
    It's certainly not necessary for most people either though.

Good to know. Can you recommend 3 day a week upper body only program? I work out from home all I have is bench, dumbbells, resistance bands and pull up bar.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to know. Can you recommend 3 day a week upper body only program? I work out from home all I have is bench, dumbbells, resistance bands and pull up bar.
    Not really.
    Are you certain you can't train lower body in anyway, load management and Range of motion management should always be explored as work around before ditching movements entirely

For example, if you set a box a couple of inches above parallel and sit back maintaining a vertical shin angle throughout, would that cause any issue? I feel like it might not
    2018 Log

PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you have a link to this routine? I looked but couldn't find it.
    it's a template so there are countless programs. Its going to take some reading and studying but that's good for future progression.
    Andybaker.com will have the resources. Also read mark rippetoe starting strength up to the intermediate chapter. A lot of cross over.
    160 lbs and jacked is about as impressive as D cups on a 300lb woman

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Not really.
    Are you certain you can't train lower body in anyway, load management and Range of motion management should always be explored as work around before ditching movements entirely

For example, if you set a box a couple of inches above parallel and sit back maintaining a vertical shin angle throughout, would that cause any issue? I feel like it might not

My physical therapist instructed me to lay off lower body weight training for a while. I would rather focus on my rehab for my knee, I really hate being limited of things I can physically do I'm just wanting my knee to heal up as quick as possible without the risk of re-injuring and having to start all over.

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I had my knee surgeries I ran Fierce 5 intermediate Upper A/B while rehabbing, enjoyed it quite a bit. There's also the F5 intermediate/advanced UpperPP. Neither will get you your 3 days/week benching, but if you're that set on it, just sub bench in I guess

Originally Posted by SoCalHurler View Post
    When I had my knee surgeries I ran Fierce 5 intermediate Upper A/B while rehabbing, enjoyed it quite a bit. There's also the F5 intermediate/advanced UpperPP. Neither will get you your 3 days/week benching, but if you're that set on it, just sub bench in I guess

You did squats and deadlifts just after knee surgery?

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, just did the upper body routines from F5, and worked with PT on knee rehab.

My physical therapist instructed me to lay off lower body weight training for a while. I would rather focus on my rehab for my knee, I really hate being limited of things I can physically do I'm just wanting my knee to heal up as quick as possible without the risk of re-injuring and having to start all over.
    Okay. Barbell medicines injury stuff on YouTube and maybe their knee rehab template on their site could be invaluable
    2018 Log

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do what your therapist says... but let the therapist know you're REALLY keen to return to exercises like DL and Squats etc as soon as appropriate (then take that advice as you get there)
    Get well soon

Edit: just occurred to me - you have to stop training the legs for a while (already discussed) - so why do you immediately say "Chest"? I mean there's more to upper than pecs and guns (yes there is!)
    Maybe you need to work on whatever you've neglected in the past, you don't want to have knee surgery now and then some shoulder surgery to look forward to in a few years.
    Just maybe this is the best thing for you if it makes you examine what you actually need for upper
    OK, I'll stop my pompous speech now
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 09-10-2019 at 05:57 AM.

HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500) HannoCometh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Unless your genetics are "on point" as it were, 3 times a week isn't overdoing it.

You should mix it up.

Bench, DB press, DB chest fly etc

TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100)
    you could, but then you wont be able to push the intensity and volume that hard, taking the fun out of it