Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Reverse Grip Incline Press

Has anyone done this? what is the benefit?

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Barbarian Press. I do it flat. It's amazing. It used to be called the Secret Press by some people, because it's super dangerous if you fail, and it's hard to feel if you're about to fail too. Great tri exercise and if you do it incline it's good on the chest too.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ram132G View Post
    did that with dbs, I could say it's not worth it because you end up focusing on the awkward non-stable position instead of actually putting effort into moving the weight.

But it may be different for you;

it could serve as a shoulder friendly pressing variation.
    Finally back to track.
    Still cannot SQ/DL.

#Herniated LB disc crew

Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ram132G will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Barbarian Press. I do it flat. It's amazing. It used to be called the Secret Press by some people, because it's super dangerous if you fail, and it's hard to feel if you're about to fail too. Great tri exercise and if you do it incline it's good on the chest too.
    ya its dangerous. what grip length did u use?

jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty awful position to force yourself into imo in terms of joint alignment , for most people

Hard pass
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177337211&p=1583746781#post1583746781
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/fitted_sheetz/

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ya its dangerous. what grip length did u use?
    I was taught by a mad Australian. Close grip style, really works the tris. That's just how I like it and I do it that way so there's less cross-over with other exercises I do that day.
    I feel it's more of a strength exercise vs a builder and helps bench press performance a lot.

One reason I do it flat is so I can use spotters and have my face below the spotters, because when you fail, it doesn't go straight down, it flies towards your face.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    I was taught by a mad Australian. Close grip style, really works the tris. That's just how I like it and I do it that way so there's less cross-over with other exercises I do that day.
    I feel it's more of a strength exercise vs a builder and helps bench press performance a lot.

One reason I do it flat is so I can use spotters and have my face below the spotters, because when you fail, it doesn't go straight down, it flies towards your face.
    Seems like a high risk/injury for a small amount of gain imo. Stay safe brah.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    The Reverse Grip Bench Press

It is an effective exercise. It works the upper chest to a greater degree than an Incline Press and increase the work load in the triceps.

"Anatomy of the Reverse-Grip Bench Press"

"One study showed that using a reverse grip on the bench press – flat bench, not incline – increased subjects’ upper pec activity by 30%. And when you go from a flat bench to an incline, it’s supposed to hit the upper pecs even more, right? Yes, it does. But research has shown that it's only a 5%-10% increase."

Reverse-Grip Bench Press Master Class
    https://www.jimstoppani.com/training...ip-bench-press

This article provide research and more information on performing it.

Master the Reverse-Grip Bench Press
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/ma...ip-bench-press

As with anything new, there is a definitely learning curve involved in learning the Reverse Grip Bench Press.

The Reverse Grip Bench Press definitely is kinder to the shoulders.

The Traditional Overhand Grip Bench Press and Underhand/Reverse Grip Bench Press compares to and Overhand Hard Ball Pitching vs Underhand Soft Ball Pitching.

Research shows there are more shoulder issues with Overhand than Underhand Pitching.

The positioning of the shoulder in Overhand Pitching as well as an Overhand Bench Press places More stress on the shoulder.

The oositioning of the shoulder in Underhand Pitching as well as an Underhand Bench Press places more Less stress on the shoulder.

Due to a shoulder issue, I switched over to in for Powerlifting.

It took me a while but my Reverse Grip Bench Press is as good as my previous my regular pronated grip Bench Press was.

Coming Out of The Rack

It a bit more difficult coming out of the rack with a Reverse Grip Bench Press. However, any one pushing some heavy weight or going for a rep max should have a spotter in the Bench Press; which make it a non-issue.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    ...it's not worth it because you end up focusing on the awkward non-stable position instead of actually putting effort into moving the weight.
    The non-stable issue is a learning curve issue.

In working with someone on a new exercise, they often complain, "It doesn't feel right".

My reply is, "Keep doing it until it does feel right". That means the more you do it the more natural it feels.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Seems like a high risk/injury for a small amount of gain imo. Stay safe brah.
    Yeah, it just needs to be done right, but it gives benefits no other exercise will. It's on the ever shrinking list of exercises that has never injured me actually.

Oh yeah, as the post above says, coming out of the rack is very hard, basically can't be done if you're working at a challenging weight. So I start coming off the bottom off the spotter bars, and it's fine once you learn it.

vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    coming off the rack is tougher, just setup closer to the rack... the bar path stays closer to over the nipple than in bench, so there is less risk of hitting the rack at the top of the movement.

wrap your thumb around the bar, and there isn't much difference safety wise.
    My hand position was never 180* reverse... maybe around 120-160*? Almost more of a 'neutral' grip...
    I bench in my squat rack, which allows me to touch my chest with a back arch, but the bar clears me and rests on the safeties if I lay flat on the bench. Almost zero risk of me getting hit by a falling bar.

Great finisher movement after a bench workout, triceps and shoulders, and can go pretty heavy once you get familiar with the movement. I tried to do my db bench work before finishing with reverse bench, when I was doing it regularly...
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol