wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500)

3 day full body or 4 day upper lower split??

I was under the impression a 4 day upper lower split will be more beneficial for me than training my muscle groups once a week because Im new to lifting weights and I’ll recover quite quickly, this is my first month lifting

But I’ve just come across something that said working my muscle groups 3 times a week would be more effective because I haven’t lifted before

What shall I do?

goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wreccani96 View Post
    I was under the impression a 4 day upper lower split will be more beneficial for me than training my muscle groups once a week because Im new to lifting weights and I’ll recover quite quickly, this is my first month lifting

But I’ve just come across something that said working my muscle groups 3 times a week would be more effective because I haven’t lifted before

What shall I do?
    If you are a beginner, your output will be lower, so you could recover in 48 hours. So doing full body 3 days a week would be good. Once you start to feel that you aren't recovered by the next workout, then you can deload and build back up with the same split.

Eventually, when you feel you need 3 days rest instead of 2, you can switch to the separate upper body and lower body workouts.
    My workout journal
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177525261

My website
    https://buildingyourhomegym.com

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What shall I do?
    They both work well however the overall weekly volume will be need to be calculated. One of the 3 day full body benefits is one day less in the gym if that's more compatible with your schedule. If your schedule is fairly open then it's personal preference just remember that weekly volume will be important to get right with either program.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500) wreccani96 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well I just done a full body workout and tbh my muscles aren’t even sore, quite disappointed because I’m used to training my muscle groups once a week and would be able to blast them and barely move for the rest of the evening, I enjoyed that feeling

The program I’m doing is only 2-3 sets each workout, can I bring them numbers up?

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I just done a full body workout and tbh my muscles aren’t even sore, quite disappointed because I’m used to training my muscle groups once a week and would be able to blast them and barely move for the rest of the evening, I enjoyed that feeling

The program I’m doing is only 2-3 sets each workout, can I bring them numbers up?
    being sore isn’t necessarily a good thing so don’t judge your training by it. If you aren’t feeling challenged either raise weight or reps
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

BlueSL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It's still good to switch it up for a while. Just continue with your full body workouts for a 8 weeks or so, upping the weights to be more challenge then return to your isolated workout.
    This will challenge your body and your fitness level.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

You are falling into the “more is better” misconception that leads so many newbies to failure.

I primarily train full body, 3 days a week, for the last 5 years...it’s about maximizing your effort. 1 set is enough to stimulate muscles if you are able to give it 110%...most people aren’t, but 2-3 sets is plenty with a 48 hour turnaround. Don’t be fooled into thinking full body routines are just for beginners, look at every bodybuilder before the mid 70s, they all did full body until Arnold popularized high volume splits (which was detrimental to bodybuilders not on the same vitamins).
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg