SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SEA2910 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How difficult is it to become a web developer?

Hi

Currently living in Australia, 29 yrs old, received a degree in computer science back in 2017, been working in an unrelated IT field. I have around 7 + yrs worth of customer service /call centre experience and 1.5 years worth of IT tech support. Is it to late to transition to a web dev role?

What is the best way to go about it? portfolio ?

Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Techriding101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Username explained here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155375633&page=1

lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Senior Software Engineer checking in.

If you have a legit CS degree, web development will be a breeze. I'd really recommend going the Full-Stack route. Pay is much, much higher than your typical web dev job, and you'll be a lot more valuable. Sad truth is a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel web dev jobs are currently in India.

Anway, from the ground up:

Learn HTML, which should take a couple of hours.

Then, do an intro course on Javascript.

Then learn Git.

Then learn just enough about databases(preferably NoSQL) and CSS to get by.

After that, pick a stack and a framework, and become an expert.

I'd recommend ReactJS coupled with TypeScript, MongoDB/Mongoose, GraphQL, and Bootstrap to handle your layouts. This is going to be like drinking from a fire hose. Just stick with it. Don't get caught up in learning every little detail. You'll learn enough to get by as you go along.

If you plan on going the Microsoft route, learn T-SQL/SQL Server instead of MongoDB/NoSQL.

As time goes on, learn vim to become a more productive developer. I use it daily and it saves me a lot of time and keeps me in flow.
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500) khaniri is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    Senior Software Engineer checking in.

If you have a legit CS degree, web development will be a breeze. I'd really recommend going the Full-Stack route. Pay is much, much higher than your typical web dev job, and you'll be a lot more valuable. Sad truth is a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel web dev jobs are currently in India.

Anway, from the ground up:

Learn HTML, which should take a couple of hours.

Then, do an intro course on Javascript.

Then learn Git.

Then learn just enough about databases(preferably NoSQL) and CSS to get by.

After that, pick a stack and a framework, and become an expert.

I'd recommend ReactJS coupled with TypeScript, MongoDB/Mongoose, GraphQL, and Bootstrap to handle your layouts. This is going to be like drinking from a fire hose. Just stick with it. Don't get caught up in learning every little detail. You'll learn enough to get by as you go along.

If you plan on going the Microsoft route, learn T-SQL/SQL Server instead of MongoDB/NoSQL.

As time goes on, learn vim to become a more productive developer. I use it daily and it saves me a lot of time and keeps me in flow.
    Thanks man... and thanks OP!
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

"You will enjoy any activity in which you are fully present, any activity that is not just a means to an end. It isn't the action you perform that you really enjoy, but the deep sense of aliveness that flows into it." - Eckhart Tolle

*ZA Crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++