BigPenning10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I struggle with Asperger's syndrome and ADHD and need help loosing weight!

Hello, my name is Adam. I'm 29-Years-Old and I currently weigh 350LBS. I'm in pain every day, it's hard for me to sleep at night and I'm really worried about my weight. I'm not happy with what I've become and I want to transform into something better. Loosing weight is a struggle for me, because I struggle with Asperger's syndrome and ADHD. It certainly an obstacle that I want to overcome. If have any suggestions, can you please help me out?

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't get me wrong, but what does your diagnosis have to do with losing weight? meds giving you a huge appetite? if yes, self discipline.

you should read the stickies at the top of the nutrition section to figure out your calorie needs
    munchies on a cut is the true test of discipline crew

BigPenning10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    don't get me wrong, but what does your diagnosis have to do with losing weight? meds giving you a huge appetite? if yes, self discipline.

you should read the stickies at the top of the nutrition section to figure out your calorie needs
    Well, I'm not on any meds. I'm just looking for someone to give me advice. I badly want to loose weight, I just don't know where to start. I don't even know what exercises I should do to get myself started. My goal is for me to get down to 190LBS. I never seen myself skinny and never imagined me having muscle. Would you have any good suggestions? How do you develop the mind set of a bodybuilder?

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is 100% about diet, you can't out-train bad nutrition.

Please start by reading this. Read it as many times as you have to for it to sink in: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

Then read this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Then come back with specific questions that you might have.
    Fitness/Weightlifting/Bodybuilding YouTuber's that you should be watching if you aren't:

Eric Helms/Team3DMJ: https://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ
    Jeff Nippard: https://www.youtube.com/user/icecream4PRs
    Alan Thrall: https://www.youtube.com/user/athrall7
    Omar Isuf: https://www.youtube.com/user/OmarIsuf

rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've never been diagnosed, but my mum's Asperger's, my brother's Asperger's, my wife's Asperger's, my friends are Asperger's...there's a pretty good chance I'm Asperger's. ASD has its disadvantages, but it also has elements that you can play to as strengths. For one thing, keeping to a routine will probably be something you're better at than the average person. And once you know good exercise cues, you'll probably be better at reinforcing them every time you train.

I can't say for sure what's the best program for you to do, since I don't know how you move. All Pro's Simple Beginner's Routine in the Workout stickies is a good point of reference, but there's a good chance you'll need to substitute out some exercises (for example, at 350lb untrained, barbell squats probably won't be viable, whereas simply sitting down and standing up 8-12 times might be more appropriate).

To help with the ADHD, interval cardio can help a lot. 30 seconds intense followed by 30 seconds low intensity for 10min all up, with 5min warm up and and cool down before and after.

You should check with your doctor before proceeding with anything, as there may be issues that need to be dealt with before training at high intensities.