RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I’d like to get shredded, not swole what should I do?

So my goal is to be shredded, not swole. I don’t really want to be bulky. I want nice abs and my muscles to look nice. Like triceps biceps, shoulders, back, etc. I’m currently around 150 pounds and I’m 5’7-5’8 ish. How should I be eating? I’m pretty small. Like at home we eat a lot of meat and flat bread, rice and stuff like that. Is that ok for me to be eating since I’ll be hopefully working out 4-5 times a week? The food does get pretty oily. Like can I eat stuff like pizza and stuff like that? Or is there a specific diet I should stick to? I really suck with dieting and have no idea where to start.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need to have muscle, otherwise you will just look skinny fat and weak.

RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No yeah I know I just don’t wanna be one of those super bulky dudes you know? Like an example would be Jay Alvarez. I want a body type like that

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RSid View Post
    No yeah I know I just don’t wanna be one of those super bulky dudes you know? Like an example would be Jay Alvarez. I want a body type like that
    Upload a pic and lets see what you have to start with and assess from there.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I really suck with dieting and have no idea where to start.
    You've had no idea where to start for months now. Are you going to get off your ass and do something?
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Buddy not everyone has time and resources. It took me a while to find a gym easily accessible to me. Take a chill pill and stop being a dick. Maybe you should get up off your ass and do something besides bullying a 17 year old on the internet. Thanks

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You arent going to magically turn into a super bulky dude over night you know?

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buddy not everyone has time and resources. It took me a while to find a gym easily accessible to me. Take a chill pill and stop being a dick. Maybe you should get up off your ass and do something besides bullying a 17 year old on the internet. Thanks
    You started posting about this in February. It took you 6+ months to find a local gym?

As posted previously, add a couple of YOUR pictures to your bodyspace.

FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000) FatBallz is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are just starting out, pick a good novice program and start lifting.

Starting out, diet won't be quite as important as long as you eat enough, but try to get as much protein as possible.

Stay consistent and work hard so you can build muscle. Remember that it takes time and will not happen overnight.

Looking shredded is just a matter of having a low percentage of body fat with plenty of lean mass. Once again, you need to build the lean mass first and lose the fat to get the look.

Best of luck

armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies
    You are either 5'7'' or 5'8'', don't play that game, i'm 5'7'', this is my height and I own it, you'll never catch me claiming to be i'm 5'8'', even though I'm almost 5'8'' after 8-10 hrs of sleep, but I can also be as short as 5'6 3/4'' at the end of a long day
    See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night
    A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TolerantLactose is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is the third thread you started asking this question. You got feedback in those threads. You don't get to keep saying, "I have no clue."
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I work 56-72 hours per week and find time; you could too, but you choose to make excuses.

If you want it, you make it work.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Yeah I didn’t really have time to get to a local gym. I also didn’t have means of transportation.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    You arent going to magically turn into a super bulky dude over night you know?
    This ^^^ sadly getting swole is incredibly difficult for those who want it, it's never going to happen accidentally

Originally Posted by FatBallz View Post
    If you are just starting out, pick a good novice program and start lifting.

Starting out, diet won't be quite as important as long as you eat enough, but try to get as much protein as possible.

Stay consistent and work hard so you can build muscle. Remember that it takes time and will not happen overnight.

Looking shredded is just a matter of having a low percentage of body fat with plenty of lean mass. Once again, you need to build the lean mass first and lose the fat to get the look.

Best of luck
    And This ^^^
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Back on the diet :(

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I didn’t really have time to get to a local gym. I also didn’t have means of transportation.
    So you don't want to weight train - Check
    Your dieting sucks - Check
    You are 17 so lack any training experience- Check
    You are small frame wise - Check
    You can't be bothered to do anything and like making excuses - Check

Pretty much sums up your views I think, might have missed a few.

OK you want to be skinny. Don't eat you will be small and skinny, will you look like Jay Alvarrez nope as he is a model and you aren't. I imagine he does some training as he takes part in extreme sports where you want to do nothing.

Anything I missed OP. You can't be bothered then don't. When you grow up you may change your mind.....

TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100) TopHeavyMirin is not very well liked. (-100)
    pretty easy to get that "jay alvarez" body type.
    its called beginner gains. just go do pushups, eat healthy and you will look like that in 3 months. once you start looking like that just 6months.
    you dont even need to join a gym if you want to look a skinny "shredded" guy.
    just do pushups, pullups, dips, crunches. thats it

JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayMackk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bro you can’t just decide to have a body type like “jay alvarez” I hate to break it to you. You’re genetics are going to determine what you look like. Getting shredded means you have low body fat percentage it doesn’t mean you’re going to look a certain way

rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rexfrommex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this thread was hilarious and the responses were completely predictable
    Trump 2020