ASL1098 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm Obese for my height and tired of being depressed and want to change.

Hello, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me, My Name is Aaron Spencer or (Richard) you can call me by any. For the last 11 years of my life I've been suffering from obesity and want to change, many things in life i believe have impacted my situation such as eating habits, and childhood trauma. But as of now I'm attending college and I would like to actually make a difference. Countless times i will go to the gym, and workout for a short time to only quit after like four days. I am 5'9 and weight of 213 pounds, short and stubby. I am also very weak when it comes to lifting weights and building strength. It's so bad that i only can do about 3 push-ups before i want to quit. I came here after seeing a very eye opening story of a man who lost over 400 lbs, and I thought to myself " Hey if he's able to overcome and do it, then I could" So now I'm honestly looking for help.
    Please help me start my journey to get back on track for life. Any tips such as workout plans or nutrition examples, please let me know.

Thank you sincerely for your time,
    Aaron Spencer

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good to read you have decided to change your life and lose weight. This may read as ridiculous but losing weight is a very easy process its the adherence and dedication that is the hard part which only you can ensure you do.

Read this stickie to explain how fat lose occurs:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

Next this will explain in a tad more depth the calories you should start with and the macros to maintain good body composition:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

By combining this with the removal/ extreme limiting of non-nutritional food sources e.g. cakes, biscuits, sugary fizz etc and replacing with nutritional food sources such as lean meats, fruit, veg, legumes, dairy, eggs, wholegrain etc this will cause weight loss. Nutrition and calories are the number 1,2 and 3 for losing fat.

For your health and to maintain muscle I would advise doing weights first and foremost these programs are perfectly fine:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...2916931&page=1 - stick to the novice programs

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9172473&page=1 - Allpro

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/ - StrongLifts

Weight training is key to maintaining good muscle retention and as soon as you can physically undertake a weight program the better it will be. After that I would advise do some cardio for good health, this DOESN'T need to be high intensity, I personally advise either doing steady state cardio e.g. cross trainer, cycling OR just being active in your day to day life aka going out walking more often in the evening instead of watching TV, go hiking etc.

Other then that all other factors are very minimal except adherence!! You didn't get obese overnight therefore you wont lose it overnight that said losing weight can be done quite quickly in terms of time so this time next year you can make massive changes. If you need more motivation read this thread here:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176646961 - Camm is becoming a legend on fat loss and the progress he has made is amazing. So be inspired by him.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The above post gives you everything. I agree about the cardio. Going on an hour long walk after work will not only burn a few calories, but it’s also an hour that you won’t be tempted to snack on chips.

The best motivator is your “before” pic. Keep looking at it as you start to lose weight for a reminder of why you’re doing this.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

ASL1098 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much for the help and i will power through i promise.

BodyProz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, highly recommend tracking your progress with the vital stats, and remember, it takes 21 days to make a new habit so don't give up!

TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHaws will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good for you taking this massive step man. Stay consistent, it takes time and self control, but you got this.

AND Constantly take pictures. When you see yourself in the mirror everyday, progress seems slow, until you look at pictures side by side. This is some of the best motivation to get you over the trying days.

Trickier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, I'm also new here and sincerely wish you the best to achieve your goals!

bumudur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, I am also new here and on my path to healthy and better life. I hope you'll achieve your goal with ease. best of luck to you.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Of course you're weak, OP. You're obese with little lifting experience. (I'm not saying that to be mean. I'm saying that to say "you're exactly where we'd expect you to be.)

Consistency in diet and exercise/lifting pays MASSIVE rewards. Good luck. You can do this.