FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Will this carb cycling diet work?

5’8 162lb 2300-2500 maintenance cals
    Day 1-3 1500cal 75C/169P/58F
    Day 4 1800cal 203C/157P/40F

My job makes it very difficult to not only eat the food I’d like to but also workout. Under different circumstances i would go lower on carbs day 1-3 and lower fat on day 4, but it’s difficilt to find the right foods to make this possible considering I’m living off food I can find at truck stops and trips to the grocery store are not only hard to come by but I also can’t store a lot of food or cook in the truck. Without the ability to work out 2 hours at a time on a consistent basis or do cardio I am relying heavily on the best diet methods possible to keep losing fat. I have slowly tapered my daily caps down to 1500 with carbs around 100g but I think my body is starting to adapt to this so I’ve began looking into carb cycling and am welcoming all advice to dial it in for the best results possible. I am also doing IF with an 8 hour feeding window. Thanks in advance
    Cavs / Browns / Buckeyes / Indians

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by FatWhiteKid View Post
    5’8 162lb 2300-2500 maintenance cals
    Day 1-3 1500cal 75C/169P/58F
    Day 4 1800cal 203C/157P/40F

My job makes it very difficult to not only eat the food I’d like to but also workout. Under different circumstances i would go lower on carbs day 1-3 and lower fat on day 4, but it’s difficilt to find the right foods to make this possible considering I’m living off food I can find at truck stops and trips to the grocery store are not only hard to come by but I also can’t store a lot of food or cook in the truck. Without the ability to work out 2 hours at a time on a consistent basis or do cardio I am relying heavily on the best diet methods possible to keep losing fat. I have slowly tapered my daily caps down to 1500 with carbs around 100g but I think my body is starting to adapt to this so I’ve began looking into carb cycling and am welcoming all advice to dial it in for the best results possible. I am also doing IF with an 8 hour feeding window. Thanks in advance
    It's about calorie deficit, not carbs. You're making it more complicated than it needs to be, but if you enjoy doing that, have at it.

FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Caloric deficit is not a problem for me. But if there is any methods I can introduce to my diet to make it more effective, then I’m keen to do so. From what I’ve read both carb cycling and IF have benefits beyond a standard caloric deficit.
    Cavs / Browns / Buckeyes / Indians

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Caloric deficit is not a problem for me. But if there is any methods I can introduce to my diet to make it more effective, then I’m keen to do so. From what I’ve read both carb cycling and IF have benefits beyond a standard caloric deficit.
    I am afraid they don't for fat loss.

IF is just a eating schedule 2000 calories in 1hr is the same 2000 calories in 24hrs. For health possible some benefits (not enough science to support IMO) but not weight loss if calories and protein are matched.

Carb cycling - some people find adding extra carbs can help performance on training days therefore put more effort in at the gym. That said you could just utilise the carbs you are consuming around workout time and have the same response as their is a limit of glycogen storage possible for the muscle therefore a limit of carb effectiveness for performance.

Some individual differences may exist but that will cause a secondary response to increase calorie output or decrease calorie input not the actual 'diet tool' system causing the effect its still the calories (in all healthy individuals as a disclaimer). It would also be a minimal effect.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only way to find out is to experiment. There is no proof in studies or consensus from anecdotal evidence that IF and carb cycling works better than a more traditional approach, BUT some people swear that they do better on those strategies, so the best and really the only thing you can do is experiment and see if anything changes.

For me IF is a no go Several issues. Given my rather high maintenance of about 3250 calories or maybe even more, but not a big stomach, I just can’t eat all that in 8 hours, I feel bloated and stuffed. And more importantly without food my hands are cold and I don’t function that well physically or mentally. Even after many weeks I can’t adopt to IF.
    You gotta experiment and see if it works for you.