Thread: Sprints

bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Sprints

I haven't done any sprinting in years.. only walking/lifting..

I want to get to doing some wind sprints at the gym but I'm worried about pulling a quad or some other muscle in my legs..

Should i jog for a couple weeks first? and before i sprint/static stretching/dynamic stretching?

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd be more concerned with pulling a hamstring.

Yes, start off with jogging...then graduate to jogging/moderate- intensity running on the treadmill or track. Use the incline too, to get adjusted to higher intensity and glute/hamstring activation.

Must do DYNAMIC stretching before (and immediately after) any dynamic activity. Swing each leg back and forth, knees slightly bent, using your full ROM, to prepare for sprinting. When you feel your hip flexors, lower back, hamstrings warming up without any tightness or stiffness, then you'll feel ready to begin...Begin with a slow jog. Don't go into explosive- mode right out of the gate...
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bea5twood View Post
    I want to get to doing some wind sprints at the gym
    Why?

bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Why?
    I used to be able to run fast.. for years i haven't been involved in any sort of sporting activity.. strictly lifting for almost 15 years. Just kind of want to see if i still can move fast if i want to.

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I'd be more concerned with pulling a hamstring.

Yes, start off with jogging...then graduate to jogging/moderate- intensity running on the treadmill or track. Use the incline too, to get adjusted to higher intensity and glute/hamstring activation.

Must do DYNAMIC stretching before (and immediately after) any dynamic activity. Swing each leg back and forth, knees slightly bent, using your full ROM, to prepare for sprinting. When you feel your hip flexors, lower back, hamstrings warming up without any tightness or stiffness, then you'll feel ready to begin...Begin with a slow jog. Don't go into explosive- mode right out of the gate...
    Thanx, yeah i pulled my quad way back when, going into "explosive mode right out the gate" it wasn't a pleasant experience.. a lot of physiotherapy..

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    This thread has been undeleted. Many people on this site don't grasp this, but this is a discussion forum, not your personal Free Advice Service. You don't get to post a question, get your answer then delete it, or realise you're embarrassed you even asked and take it down.

We answer your questions because the answers may be of use to others, and the ensuing discussion may be, too, even for someone searching for it 5 years from now.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    This thread has been undeleted. Many people on this site don't grasp this, but this is a discussion forum, not your personal Free Advice Service. You don't get to post a question, get your answer then delete it, or realise you're embarrassed you even asked and take it down.

We answer your questions because the answers may be of use to others, and the ensuing discussion may be, too, even for someone searching for it 5 years from now.
    I found the answer i was looking for in another thread.. having 100 threads with the same title makes them hard to weed through.. i should have just searched "sprints" in the first place.. but you do you

Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Ideas taken from: Liftrite Parisi Speed School Video and Defrancos Website

Warm up:
    BW Squats
    Jumping Jacks
    Seal Jumps
    Crosses

Mobility Drills:
    Roll Overs Into V sits
    Groiners
    Mountain Climbers
    Fire Hydrant

Dynamic Stretching:
    Walking Lunges
    Walking/Running High Knees
    Walking/Running Butt Kicks
    Skips

Frequency Drills:
    Wide Outs
    Gate Squeezes
    Low Pogos
    High Pogos

Then:

10-yard sprints ? 10 sprints with 1 minute rest
    20-yard sprints ? 6 sprints with 2 minutes rest
    40-yard sprints ? 4 sprints with 4 minutes rest

Just some running to for fitness/conditioning/speed to go with my weight training.

Thoughts? Additions? Anything not Neccesary?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...ht=Sprint+warm
    Last edited by bea5twood; 10-04-2019 at 10:52 PM.