martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

painting gym equipment.

Hi

I have a home gym with alot of rogue stuff, ...all black gloss. Almost my entire home gym is black though I have a hammer strength neck machine and a cybex lat pulldown. Both are white. Sounds stupid but Id love to make my entire gym black.

There is no way Im going to move the lat pulldown up the basement stairs again to get powder coated. I saw on an Alan Thrall video that he painted some white dip station and something else he got off craigslist black useing truck liner.

I have never used that before, would I need to sand off or somehow treat the paint/powder coat already on the machines or can I spray directly over it. Id prefer to get a black gloss powder coat, not a rough texture powder coat though, it would certainly be an improvment for me.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000) Teague242 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Roll on bed liner would be cool... I’d rather do that than spray bomb something in the basement. That chit gets on everything.

Surface prep is key regardless of what you use. You could just wipe it down with acetone before painting but it would be better if you scuff the surface up before doing it as well...
    Bench: 335x1 1/29/19
    Squat: 385x1 2/27/20
    Deadlift: 399x1 4/29/22
    OHP: 214x1 4/29/22

martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post
    Roll on bed liner would be cool... I’d rather do that than spray bomb something in the basement. That chit gets on everything.

Surface prep is key regardless of what you use. You could just wipe it down with acetone before painting but it would be better if you scuff the surface up before doing it as well...
    thanks for the reply, would i need to remove the paint or just scuff ? Using just sandpaper or what? Not a DIY sort of guy. Thanks. How big a process do you think it would be to do both? Any particular types of bed liner ? Id like ot take my time and get it right than rush through it or do it half assed. Thank .

RioDPax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can of matching Rustoleum. I guess you're the only one looking at the machine. I don't even paint mine anymore. And powder coaters want $275.

Thanks for the info.. I decided just to keep it as it is. I got the two white machines off to the side and the rest of my stuff is black and despite my ocd It looks fine as it is...

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by martyanderson View Post
    Thanks for the info.. I decided just to keep it as it is. I got the two white machines off to the side and the rest of my stuff is black and despite my ocd It looks fine as it is...
    That is the best option: to leave it alone. In most cases spray paint can finish just won't match a good powdercoat in terms of consistency, quality, durability, coverage, especially long term when things get banged up, so anything short of fresh powdercoat will be an inferior finish to its original powdercoat.