Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    I absolutely LOVE everything about the act of lifting. I always have.
    I was going to say the same thing. It truly surprises me that some guys are saying that they don’t really enjoy it but do it just for the benefits. That sounds crazy to me!
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't always enjoy every lift, or every set, but I almost always enjoy the feeling of having worked hard and accomplished a goal, and the muscle fatigue is pleasant for me. Then there are some workouts where every movement is a joy.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoldBeagle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Gym partner

You should try finding a lifting partner, that helped me a lot!

Lifts:
    https://ironscience.co.il/עקרונות-תז...-וחיטוב/

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    LOL, I actually had my first Olympic bench in the one bedroom apartment I rented after college. It was in my living room. Srs.
    Brought back memories... In my first apartment after college, I was sharing a four-bedroom house, so I set up a weight bench in the dirt-floor basement that had too low a ceiling to even stand upright. Had no car, so when I needed more weight, I bought pairs of 25 pound plates and lugged them back on the bus.

My second apartment (just after getting married) was five rooms: bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, weight room. (I guess she must have loved me a lot to give up a “dining room.” On the other hand, she wasn’t there much, since we had a commuter marriage living six hours apart, and usually I travelled to her apartment.)
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    controversial but have you thought about trying something different, even if its just for a while.

Crossfit
    Olympic lifting
    Powerlifting
    Strongman.......

I've recently started Crossfit and I'm absolutely hooked, ring musclups, handstand pushups, thrusters, burpees, snatch, jerk........
    I am sure you would make a very positive impact for yourself and others at the gym your attending because of your lifting experience! Too many folks who join that system(like me at the time) have very little "real" lifting experience. Its a great way for an experienced lifter to take things to the next level. One warning though dont swing kettlebells overhead (as opposed to the russian swing version) if you can avoid it, and during the metcons with snatches and cleans/jerks....keep your weights really low. Keep us posted!
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I am sure you would make a very positive impact for yourself and others at the gym your attending because of your lifting experience! Too many folks who join that system(like me at the time) have very little "real" lifting experience. Its a great way for an experienced lifter to take things to the next level. One warning though dont swing kettlebells overhead (as opposed to the russian swing version) if you can avoid it, and during the metcons with snatches and cleans/jerks....keep your weights really low. Keep us posted!
    I've found that checking your ego at the door prevents injury!! I'm old and wise enough that I don't need to prove my strength to anyone. what I do love is the encouragement, the personal coaching from staff and club members, the competitions, the new level of fitness that I now have (ran 10K yesterday in 49 minutes, and I'm not a runner)......

I do get some strange looks though when I turn up to open gym and do bicep curls in the racks!!!
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I don't always enjoy every lift, or every set, but I almost always enjoy the feeling of having worked hard and accomplished a goal, and the muscle fatigue is pleasant for me. Then there are some workouts where every movement is a joy.
    This is the same way that I feel.

Sometimes I show up to the gym unmotivated, but after 10 minutes, I feel good and 'get into it'.